IVF with PGD may never happen. I've developed a blood clot in my left lung. Likely from my D&C 2 weeks ago. I'm in critical care receiving IV Heparin. I'm still spotting so the concern is I'll re hemorrhage while they try to treat my clot with blood thinners.
I feel like this will end my TTC days. Scared to death I'll die and devastated.
Sophie - oh my goodness this is so scary. Sending you the best of thoughts that you recover. Really hope they can treat the clot with blood thinners. My husband has to be on them for life and has been on heparin after heart surgery and it really does wonders. So hoping it helps clear it out. Glad it was found but what a scary thing. You are definitely in my thoughts.
I'm devastated. I've been saying for years that I was clotting and my babies were dying 1st trimester. Will be interesting to see if genetics was normal for this loss. If so.... Regardless all future fertility efforts are on hold
I have a clotting disorder as well so I know the fear. Hang in there and give heparin a chance to work. I will keep you in my thoughts and please hang in there the best you can. It will be better soon!
Heading home tomorrow on Lovenox. Hematologist says I should have always been on Lovenox and that the Follistim elevated my estrogen beyond what my baby Asa could handle and caused the clot (PE). She is committed to working with my RE to help us carry a baby. I see my RE Tuesday. Let's hope he agrees to the plan.
I was on Fragmin for the first two trimesters of my pregnancy. I never had it before, and I am convinced it helped keep the pregnancy going. I started the Fragmin around the time of the transfer of the embryo.
Well ladies, unless something else arises I'm scheduled to start my ivf with my 2nd cycle which will likely be the beginning of November. However I'm told the process is life threatening for me because I need a therapeutic dose of Lovenox for several more months (80mg twice a day) but I will have to come off my Lovenox completely for 7-10 days around egg retrieval to prevent my ovaries from bleeding. Of course no Lovenox during the time my E2 will be at its highest is life threatening due to my clotting disorder and my most recent clotting event that I'm not fully recovered from. I have mixed emotions. I just turned 44. I can't afford to wait til next year for ivf and I'm told the same risk applies regardless of when we begin ivf- now or next year. So feeling really scared and depressed and defeated. 😔
Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com by users or third parties, including but not limited to bloggers, are solely those of the respective user or other third party. They do not reflect the opinions of BabyandBump.Momtastic.com and they have not been reviewed by a physician, psychologist or parenting expert or any member of the BabyandBump.Momtastic.com staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com are not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com. BabyandBump.Momtastic.com does not endorse any opinion, advice, statement, product, service or treatment made available on the website. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.