I'm back with good news. At home insemination really works, so try it with confidence!!!
Thanks God I'm 4 weeks pregnant.
1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor
Our donor is my hunsband's co worker.
2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation
I used temping and cervical mucus check.
3. What method(s) of insemination did you use
I used a 8 ml syringe (oral syringe) and a sterile container where the donor left the sperm. My husband did the insemination to me and then legs in the air for 30 minutes.
4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?
I inseminated 2 times per cycle. First cycle didn't work because of me. I did the insemination considering only the numeracy of ovulation without checking my temp or my cervical mucus. On the 2nd cycle i did 2 insemination again. At the beginning we wanted to do 3 insemination but when the day of the 3rd insemination came, our donor called and told us that he can't come but thanks God it worked even so with 2 insemination per cycle and although I was very stressed. So i did the insemination 1-2 days before ovulation (I checked my cervical mucus and it was "eggwhite"-watery and stretched between my fingers), that day i called my donor. The secons insemination I did it 2 days after the first.
5. Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur?
As I mentioned above, our donor is my husband's co worker. The donation occured in our bathroom while we went outside for "a walk", just he feel confortable.
6. Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take?
Yes it worked on second cycle.
7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor?
The donor doesn't want to have any kind of relationship with the baby. He will see him/her on webcam and in the pictures but only that, he told us so.
8. Anything else you think people should know?
At home artificial insemination is possible and in my opinion works even better than others kind of insemination because the sperm is very fresh and this is very important to get a pregnancy. And besides that the method isn't that expensive that other methods.
So you have to RELAX, find a donor (believe me, if you really want you will find your donor, even at the beginning is embarrassing but it worth!) and the most important: you have to have much faith in God because without Him nothing is possible.He is the One who gives life!!!Good luck and beautiful and healthy children to all!
1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor: My donors were all close friends of mine.. men I have known from 10 mos up to 5 years. We used 3 donors, interchangeably, because we didn't want to know exactly who the bio dad is, but still have the benefits of having a known donor. 2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation: OPKs, cervical position, BBT charting. 3. What method(s) of insemination did you use: We used a combo of methods.. one, where the donor would deposit into a sterile collection cup, my OH would suck it up with a syringe, and then insert it into my vagina. Then I'd insert the softcup. A few times, because of logistics, we had the donor deposit directly into the softcup, and I inserted it myself. Both methods, if possible, I would lay down for 30 mins, legs on the wall, and "O." 4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)? The first time, we did it every other day until my temp spike, so I knew OV had occurred. This cycle, we did it the entire week I predicted I would be fertile based on my cervix position.. so from CD19 to CD27 or so. I used a different donor each night, rotating donors. I still don't know what day I OV'd on, except I feel like it was probably prior to CD26. 5. Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur? 5/8 times, the donor came here, did the deed in the bathroom, handed the sample off to my OH, who did the rest. 3 times we had to go to the donor's house, they did it directly into the softcup, and I inserted while lying on their bed. 6. Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take? Yes!! BFP! 2 cycles since my cycles evened out. 7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor? They are all my great friends, but they signed donor release forms. They'll have the role of uncle/family friend, but nothing more. 8. Anything else you think people should know? It's important to trust your donor, just like everyone else says. Also, it's a lot easier if you just relax!!
ooooooooooooooooooh congratulations apolo - I love reading this thread because sometimes bfn's can be so disheartening and i wonder if we're doing things "right" but it seems we are. Am half way through 2ww. Will keep trawling this thread to keep spirits up!! :O)
Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com by users or third parties, including but not limited to bloggers, are solely those of the respective user or other third party. They do not reflect the opinions of BabyandBump.Momtastic.com and they have not been reviewed by a physician, psychologist or parenting expert or any member of the BabyandBump.Momtastic.com staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com are not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com. BabyandBump.Momtastic.com does not endorse any opinion, advice, statement, product, service or treatment made available on the website. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.