Hi girls, we have been told to consider whether we would like to transfer one or two embryos. EC isnt til Thurs but doc said we need to consider if we get grade one embs to day 5 we need to consider two or one. I know twins would be fabulous but I also know hard work it is. Would we be significantly reducing our chances only transferring one?
It's very difficult to advice, as each case is so different. I am also having EC on Thursday, and we've decided on transferring two if we will have two. My doc likes to wait til day 5, but I don't have that many follies developing, only about 6, so not sure if they will all be mature by EC and if they will survive to day 5. We are basically left hanging and worried until transfer day. Good luck to you!
CD10, day 9 of stimming, done 8 injections
Right ovary: 16.5, 16.5, 11.5, 9
Left Ovary: 20, 17.5, 16.5, 11
Alltogether - 8 follies
Е2 = 804
Lining = 14mm
The date of retrieval is now uncertain. Thursday or Friday.
The lining is getting too thick, the max is 15mm. The follie count went down from 9 to 8, and I doubt that 9mm follie will mature in just a couple of days. Plus, the E2 level should be around 1100 right now, so i am really behind the needed level... I am so scared of what will happen. All my PMA is now gone, and I feel very stressed. Don't know what to do to fix it. really, I can't fix it, I know, it's just gonna have to be as it will be, but it's so hard to just sit and wait...
I had my ET last week (5 day transfer). My doctor STRONGLY advised us to put back just one as this is our first IVF and our embryo quality was so good.
I was really nervous about it but he reassured us that one very good quality blastocyst has the same chance of implanting as 2 lower quality embryos/blasts.
So we did just one. Fingers crossed and feeling nervous as our blood test isn't for another week.
It's a tough decision to make, but I read somewhere a question one doctor asked his patient when deciding between 1 or 2:
"Would you rather have a failed cycle with 1 embryo or a higher risk twin pregnancy with two embryos?"
We have spoken to two different fertility specialists about this (in two different countries) and they have both said that the difference between having one or two put back in is only 5% more with regards to success rates. Therefore, if you are unsure about twins, I would just put back one embie. Good luck
I had 2 put back in me which was recommended by my fertility clinic. I had blastocyst too and now currently 7 weeks pregnant with twins ! Yes I did nearly fall off the bed in shock when he told me that but I feel blessed to be given the chance to have 2 babies when I wasn't sure I could have 1.
It's early days and things can still happen but me and my partner wouldn't change our decision for the world.
Good luck with whatever you decide xx
It's not like I want twins really badly, but I don't mind that at all. My doc said it is completely up to me to choose between 1 and 2, given I would have 2 good ones. And if I were to answer that question, I would not rather fail a cycle with one embie.
thanks girls! I think we will just have to wait and see what kind of embryos we get then make the decision.
Do any of you know how long after the EC do the embryologists know what grade your eggs are? does it take a few days?
am just after taking the trigger 9pm my time on Tues for EC 8am Thurs morn and am terrified I will ov before ec!!! Im being crazy right?? x
Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com by users or third parties, including but not limited to bloggers, are solely those of the respective user or other third party. They do not reflect the opinions of BabyandBump.Momtastic.com and they have not been reviewed by a physician, psychologist or parenting expert or any member of the BabyandBump.Momtastic.com staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com are not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com. BabyandBump.Momtastic.com does not endorse any opinion, advice, statement, product, service or treatment made available on the website. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.