Ok I know this has probably been posted loads of times but I have changed my mind about 100 times in the last few days, Im going crazy.
One minute Im sure 1, then the next 2 and the next 1 and then the next 2, then 1 again... you get the picture
I had ec on friday, 7 have fertilised and we were told on sat that our transfer will be on wed at 11am. They are trying to take as many to 5 days as possible.
Other than knowing they have fertilised the day after ec, I have no idea as of tonight how many are still there and we wont get to know until wed when we arrive at the clinic.
THe embryologist said that if we get some to a 5 day blast they will highly recommend transferring 1. I am 32 and have an 8 year old son with a previous partner so they say the chances of success are high. He told me to go and read the cochrane report which gives conscise evidence into studies carried out and it clearly states that there are the same chances of success for a single transfer to a double when you take into account a fresh single transfer along with a frozen one.
The trouble is we are paying for this privately and he also said if they get them to 5 day it is better chance of success but also lowers the chance of having some to freeze.
I am thinking right now that if they have some to freeze i will go with one, but if not 2, but then i change my mind and want the best chance of success this time around.
What is everyone elses opinion.
I also would not know if I could forgive myself if I fell with twins but there was something wrong with one of them, or both, I would blame myself. But if it didnt work I would kick myself for not having 2 put back in.
This has been a very long 7 year journey and I dont know if I can go through the IVF process again, although I know i will force myself to.
Hi I was in the same position. I transferred one 5 day blast and I am now 23 weeks pregnant. I made my decision because I really wasn't ready to take a chance on twins. I had 5 left on transfer day so 4 were frozen. I had already decided if on didn't work I would transfer two on a frozen cycle which can be done a month or two later and is a much easier process. Hope this helps. Good luck and baby dust.
Hi there - I also had 5 day blasto too. I had 5 eggs left on the 5th day and we decided to go with 2. I am actually 8 weeks pregnant with twins.
We didn't freeze any due to the consultant not being happy with 2 of the eggs so would have only left 1.
I will be honest it was a shock that both did work but I know I have a long way too go. However I wouldn't change our decision for the world but I dont have any other children so I can see where you are coming from.
It's a hard decision but sure you will make the right one in the end x
I like you am self funding and my 1st 2 cycles I had 2 put back and as you can see from my signature no baby yet. Before my 3rd cycle my friend had twins through her 1st cycle of IVF and I decided it wasn't for me so just had one put back which I miscarried. My 4th cycle I had 2 good quality put back and again it didn't work. I will now be pushing for 3 on my next go, I think you have to decide if you really would be upset if it was twins or would it be more upsetting to have one put back and it not to work.
I think it comes down to all the factors if you've got 2 great looking embies and the conditions are right it is quite likely they will both take.
Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com by users or third parties, including but not limited to bloggers, are solely those of the respective user or other third party. They do not reflect the opinions of BabyandBump.Momtastic.com and they have not been reviewed by a physician, psychologist or parenting expert or any member of the BabyandBump.Momtastic.com staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com are not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com. BabyandBump.Momtastic.com does not endorse any opinion, advice, statement, product, service or treatment made available on the website. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.