Anyone diagnosed with hypertension in the last few weeks of your pregnancy? induced?
Im in the US...at my appt today I had a sweep..and that was fine but my blood pressure wasnt too good..first check was 138/90 then it was 136/92..then after sitting a bit and relaxing it was 126/94 and then..after laying in the recliner for 10 mins or so on my left side it was only down to 136/90...usually in the past when I have had high readings if I lay down for a bit it would go back down to the 70s or 80s for the bottom number so this is the first time it has stayed in the 90s... they did blood work for hypertension and said it should be back in a few hours so Im at home now waiting... since Im 39 weeks..due date is Monday Oct 24th..and induction date is Thursday Nov 4th... will they induce me early if the numbers are bad..since Im already right there anyway..instead of making me wait... I mean I dont see the point in bedrest or anything for a few more days..would rather her get here sooner and us both be better off...any ideas?
i had pih at the end of my pregnancy and was induced in the end (waters broke and I didn't go into labour within 24 hours)
They had already planned to induce me at 40 weeks due to pih. My birth story is in my journal (link in sig) at the end
i had pih creeping in from about week 34. My doctor said a top number close to or over 150 was cause for concern. And a bottom number over 100 was bad news. my numbers started about where yours are now. So it may be that they will just keep an eye on you to make sure your numbers dont get to those i have said. your doctor may have their own benchmarks though, so ask.
Get them to check if your placenta is still working efficiently. Mine didn't at the end, and my baby suffered and didn't grow at all at the end of my pregnancy. Something they failed to pick up quickly. Had they done, they would have induced me earlier
I personally would do what is best for baby rather than serving your own desire to have baby here sooner rather than later. I would imagine its better to go into labour naturally than be induced (my experience was horrendous) as this is a sign that nature is telling you your baby is cooked!
I had pih from 33 weeks and was closely montiored 3 times week. At 39+2 I was kept in hospital overnight as my bp was something like 150/100 and didn't come down to start with Labetolol. But it was down the next morning and was then induced at 40+1 with Tom born the next day.
I developed severe pre-eclampsia during the induction and was very lucky to avoid a c section. I'd go with what the doctors advise but also keep your eye out for any symptoms like spots in your vision or sudden headaches.
heya yep i was induced at 38 weeks due to hypertension....although mine started t around 33 weeks too and was ridiculously high even with loads of tablets it was stil q high! I was on 300mg labtalol 4 X daily and 20mg of something else cnt remember...they just like u to go as far as possible...they should do scans to check placenta tc and if they dont offer ask, i did!! xxx
Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com by users or third parties, including but not limited to bloggers, are solely those of the respective user or other third party. They do not reflect the opinions of BabyandBump.Momtastic.com and they have not been reviewed by a physician, psychologist or parenting expert or any member of the BabyandBump.Momtastic.com staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com are not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com. BabyandBump.Momtastic.com does not endorse any opinion, advice, statement, product, service or treatment made available on the website. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.