Three pumping questions- help the beginner please :)
First-time pumper here, and I was wondering whether you could help me out with the following:
1. If I want to pump from both breasts with a single pump, do I need to wash/sterilise the cushion before switching breasts?
2. I use an avent pump that pours into a bottle. As I couldn't find the lead today, I unscrewed the pump, poured the milk in a sterile storage bag and sealed it. Was the safe to do? I didn't put my fingers or anything in the bag, I just didn't pump straight into it, but instead pumped into the bottle and then transferred the milk. Is it okay to give it to my baby?
3. When I take it out of the fridge, I will pour it into a bottle and then use the bottle warmer, right?
1. As long as its the same pumping session you can switch breasts before washing/sterilizing.
2. You can transfer the milk into another container just make sure that if you combine milk from two different containers that the milk is the same temperature (i.e. don't pour room temperature milk into chilled milk)
3. yup or you can use put the bottle in warm water to warm it up.
What type of storage bag are you using? Mine have a zip top so I just open the bag and pour it into the bottle. I use Lansinoh storage bags. Breast milk has some antibiotic properties so you don't need to sterilize the scissors even if you need to use them to cut the bag open.
Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com by users or third parties, including but not limited to bloggers, are solely those of the respective user or other third party. They do not reflect the opinions of BabyandBump.Momtastic.com and they have not been reviewed by a physician, psychologist or parenting expert or any member of the BabyandBump.Momtastic.com staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com are not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com. BabyandBump.Momtastic.com does not endorse any opinion, advice, statement, product, service or treatment made available on the website. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.