Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 15th, 2015, 05:13 AM   1
Modifiedmama
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 23

To wait, or not to wait?


Hubby to be proposed on Mothers day this year and it was amazing However, we've been going through a lot of things this year and to say our financial situation is rocky is a severe understatement. I would love to have an intimate wedding in a rainforest setting and a beautiful sit down dinner all that jazz but I can't see it happening anytime in the near future. I've done the figures and well, we won't be able to have that for quite a long time. So, I asked HTB if he would be up for signing the papers at the courthouse and then having a proper wedding when we can afford it. He says its up to me but I'm torn.
What would you ladies do? Wait for 2+ years, or just pay the $400 and have the proper shabang when money is a bit better?
TIA



Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 15th, 2015, 05:40 AM   2
Charlotteee
Other
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,566
It's entirely up to you.

I wanted to marry my other half asap but we also thought well we are only going to do it once so we might aswell wait until we can afford it. We booked it in Jan 15 for Feb 17 and we are now nearly a year away, and we are having exactly what we want.

If the marriage is important why don't you get married then when you can afford it have a blessing and the full shebang? xxx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 15th, 2015, 05:45 AM   3
Modifiedmama
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteee View Post
It's entirely up to you.

I wanted to marry my other half asap but we also thought well we are only going to do it once so we might aswell wait until we can afford it. We booked it in Jan 15 for Feb 17 and we are now nearly a year away, and we are having exactly what we want.

If the marriage is important why don't you get married then when you can afford it have a blessing and the full shebang? xxx
Thank you xx I do completely agree with you, hence why I'm torn. I'm just an extremely impatient person. I want him to be my husband officially, considering he basically already is, or my second child however you prefer to look at it, lol



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 2nd, 2016, 13:24 PM   4
smileyfaces
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North West, UK
Posts: 18,343
2 years isn't long to wait. If you can afford it in 2 years then I would wait but if you are happy to do it sooner with a smaller day then there is nothing wrong with that either. If you are struggling financially I would probably wait till you are in a better position financially x



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO