Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 15:11 PM   1
TandB
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: north carolina
Posts: 112

In need of advice


So had my first son by emergency c section and wanted to try for a natural birth this time around but my doctor is really pushing for me to have another c section. I am so confused and I have no idea what to do now. Is it possible to have a natural birthing experience after c section? Anyone else dealing with this issue? Thanks in Advance



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 16:40 PM   2
TandB
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: north carolina
Posts: 112
Anyone??



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 20:13 PM   3
cammy
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 3,589
Yeah I am the same.But my doctor thinks I may have pre-eclampsia again so he thinks if it gets confirmed I should not take the risk.

Did your doctor give you a reason why they think you should have a c-section?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 20:31 PM   4
TandB
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: north carolina
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy View Post
Yeah I am the same.But my doctor thinks I may have pre-eclampsia again so he thinks if it gets confirmed I should not take the risk.

Did your doctor give you a reason why they think you should have a c-section?

She said that there is a risk of my uterus rupturing bc of scar tissue from last time and bc I got stuck at 8 cm last time and she said that would probably happen again



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 09:19 AM   5
Twinkie210
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,835
I would find out if your Dr. is just talking about the normal risk of rupturing (which is very low, lower than many other risks of c-sections) or if you specifically have a risk of rupturing. If you trust your Dr. then I would take his/her advice. If I am lucky enough to have a third baby I would like to discuss a VBAC (my first was a vaginal delivery, my second was a c-section). I don't know my Dr.'s stance on VBACs (he doesn't promote c-sections unless they are needed, so I am assuming he does VBACs). I say arm yourself with information and then work WITH your Dr. to make the best decision.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 11:28 AM   6
Louppey
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southampton, UK
Posts: 8,622
I had a planned c-section with Coralie, and my Doctor asked me what sort of birth I had had etc (I don't know why it isn't on my notes) but when I said planned section he wanted to know why. Breech and polyhydramnios, he said that's great we'd expect you to go for a VBAC this time around then. He then added if i'd have had a section because of failure to progress or delivery complications he would have pushed me to have another section.

GL with whatever you decide



 
Admin Approved
All sorts of cakes for the Portsmouth and Southampton area.
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 11:49 AM   7
JeepGirl
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,249
I would get a second opinion. Ask around for recommendations of doctors who support VBAC's - at Mom's groups, public health, etc. The risk of uterus rupture is very low as long as there were no complications during your last section.

In my case, I can't have a VBAC because I'm very high risk of uterus rupture. This is because DS was back to back and got very stuck while I was pushing. So stuck that they had a hard time getting him out in the EMCS, when they finally pulled hard enough to get him out, it ripped up both sides of my uterus.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 10:17 AM   8
AdriansMama
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ontario
Posts: 1,190
I would find out details of why you needed the c section the first time ... thats what I did when my doctor changed his mind and decided he would prefer me to have a repeat c section ... as it turns out my son got very stuck due to size (even though he was only 8 lbs 2.9 oz and in perfect position) which cause me to stop dialating at 6 cms ... because my body was trying to hard to get him out it made my contractions last minutes at a time and only break for 30 seconds ... then my sons heartrate started dropping due to fetal distress... it was just all in all a bad labour experience ... my doctor believes that this little boy will be a similar size most likely bigger so he wants me to have another c section ... after hearing how everything went wrong I felt the c section was best as well but if I thought a vbac would be safe I would have loved to try ... get all the details and make an educated decision based on your medical history no one on the internet can tell you what is safest for you and your baby . Goodluck!! Xx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 22:17 PM   9
TandB
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: north carolina
Posts: 112
Thank you all for the replies I am going to ask a lot of questions at the next appointment. My son was 9lbs when he was born and I think that's y things got stuck But I am going to ask next appointment thanks again ladies



Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
advice

featured articles


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO