Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 21st, 2016, 09:24 AM   1
lilesMom
Other
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ireland
Posts: 10,191

deciding c section vs induced


I hve one ds.
I got oc towards the end of preg
And had to be induced.
It took two days.
Ds was stuck and they didn't notice
And labour didn't progress
He had a stroke
And now has cerebral palsy, epilepsy and autism.

Just background

This time round I'm thinking to push for c section
I don't hve cholestatsis yet.
But high chance of it again.
Plus the getting stuck was prob cos I've tilted uterus.
All risks still the same.

So I'm looking for advice
C section vs induction.
I will obvs talk to my Drs
But I haven't met them yet
I want things clear in my own head before I do
Thanks in advance guys xxx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 21st, 2016, 11:18 AM   2
Wombat
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Latvia
Posts: 1,481
In your case c section.

Sorry about such a traumatic first birth...

I am coming into terms with having a 3rd c section, but a healthy me and baby is a priority (alive and well).

I wanted a vbac2 so much, but just had a talk with my doctor, and she said just last week there were 3!!! uterine raptures in my city. It's a lot.
1 baby died, mother didn't die only because the baby wa stuck in a rapture and prevented blood loss into belly cavity.
2 are ok, but mothers lost uterus.
Last year two mothers died.

I think, if there is even a one percent chance something will go wrong.... Do not take the risks.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 21st, 2016, 12:41 PM   3
lilesMom
Other
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ireland
Posts: 10,191
Thanks hon.
It's good to hear other peoples thoughts too.
It's hard for me to know if I'm making a rational decision or knee jerk
I'm really leaning towards c section
But its the longer recovery id be afraid of
My ds is very heavy and can't walk.
Id hate not being able to pick him up
But its only a few weeks.
If its safer for bub
Its what I will do.
Thanks xx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 21st, 2016, 12:42 PM   4
lilesMom
Other
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ireland
Posts: 10,191
I think u already know but in your case I think ur totally right to go for section too. Xx
Def nor worth the risk to u and bub xxx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 21st, 2016, 13:24 PM   5
Wombat
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Latvia
Posts: 1,481
To tell about recovery:

I had one emergency c section and one planned. And it's like night and day. Both the procedure and recovery.

With a planned one everything went smooth. Nice beautiful cut, easy healing. Easy recovery (I moved house 2 weeks after mine, don't advice it though ).

With an emergency it was hell. I was in labour for almost 48 hours, heart rate dropped, so was whooshed in a theatre. Lost lots of blood (due to the labour already progressing). Recovery was bad.


So, if you have a planned c section I'm sure all will be ok. But DO make sure, that for 2-3 weeks you have help with your eldest.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 21st, 2016, 14:08 PM   6
lilesMom
Other
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ireland
Posts: 10,191
Thanks hon
My Oh will be taking a few weeks off after birth either way.
I'm def thinking more section
I'm afraid if induced, like u
Id end up with section amywa
Then u hve recovery of both.
Hope ur recovery goes really well this tine too hon
Thanks for your help xx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 21st, 2016, 15:37 PM   7
Starlight32
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,811
I also agree with c section. I just had an emcs because my baby was stuck and I personally wouldn't do a vaginal birth for future babies. Recovery has been very hard on me but I hear it's easier when planned. I pushed for almost five hours so that took a toll. Best of luck



Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 21st, 2016, 22:27 PM   8
lilesMom
Other
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ireland
Posts: 10,191
Hugs starlight
Hope ur feeling better now xxx
Thanks a mil for advice x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 28th, 2016, 08:40 AM   9
Nibblenic
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North East England
Posts: 9,834
My first got stuck. I am having an elective section this time around. In two days infact.

I would never, ever go through an induction again and risk another baby being hurt in the process. She looked like she'd been in a car crash by the time she came out and we both have long term effects, which may or may not be related, in reality I'll never know

Recovery will be tough but my husband has taken 3 weeks pat leave, and mums got one week holiday after that to help with my eldest.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 28th, 2016, 09:46 AM   10
lilesMom
Other
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ireland
Posts: 10,191
Hope ur recovery goes really well hon cxx
Thanks xx

I see my Dr in two weeks
I'll see what he thinks too.
I change my mind often
But think section is prob the way to go.
Thanks again xx



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO