Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 08:25 AM   51
mrsraggle
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Birmingham/South Staffs
Posts: 10,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
How do you go about booking a de-brief? Would i just need to call the Maternity unit at the hospital?
I contacted PALs at the hospital I gave birth in and they sent the email onto the relevant people. Took a couple of weeks to get an appointment.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 13:43 PM   52
Heidi
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South-UK
Posts: 7,652
Welcome lolababes! do you have any more babies on the cards or is 3 enough for now?

Mizze i love the name Caitlyn so pretty! It's good to see breastfeeding isn't always a problem as some may think after a c-section
That's one long induction almost reminded me of a friends episode when Rachael is in hospital waiting to have her baby and women are going in and out of the room before her

Must have been scary for you though, glad Caitlyn was ok, Millie needed oxygen afterwards too, i didnt know this until i read my notes and it said she was on it for 4 minutes!!??



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 14:45 PM   53
Mizze
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Wales, UK
Posts: 4,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
Welcome lolababes! do you have any more babies on the cards or is 3 enough for now?

Mizze i love the name Caitlyn so pretty! It's good to see breastfeeding isn't always a problem as some may think after a c-section
That's one long induction almost reminded me of a friends episode when Rachael is in hospital waiting to have her baby and women are going in and out of the room before her

Must have been scary for you though, glad Caitlyn was ok, Millie needed oxygen afterwards too, i didnt know this until i read my notes and it said she was on it for 4 minutes!!??
Oh believe me I thought of that scene over and over again!

We loved the name hte moment we considered it.

The oxygen was scary as was the reason for it - but all well now. 4 minutes - oh my goodness. How can they not mention that!

Funnily enough I never thought of the bf being a problem after a C-section and the hospital midwives never mentioned it so it didnt occur to me - maybe that had something to do with it.

Mizze xx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 17:32 PM   54
Mork
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 3,478
Hi all!
I have been lurking for a while.
My DD was delivered by emergency c section 16 days late after induction, followed by failed ventouse and failed forceps. After all of that I did initially struggle to bf - mainly due to latching issues I think now, but as you can see we got there in the end and are still doing it now nearly 10 months on. I am really confused about what to do next time i.e. planned cs or vbac........
xx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 20th, 2011, 02:47 AM   55
Heidi
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South-UK
Posts: 7,652
Hi Mork i remember you from the Tri's, it's definitely a difficult decision to make, do you know when you will be trying again? x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 20th, 2011, 03:08 AM   56
Mork
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 3,478
We have been trying for a few months already!! But as I have not had af back yet think we are unlikely to fall for a while x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 20th, 2011, 03:30 AM   57
Heidi
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South-UK
Posts: 7,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mork View Post
We have been trying for a few months already!! But as I have not had af back yet think we are unlikely to fall for a while x
I hope it catches you by surprise You never know we may be preggers at the same time again!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 20th, 2011, 03:53 AM   58
Heidi
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South-UK
Posts: 7,652
Couple of links i have saved in my favourites:

http://talk.sagemama.net/2011/02/14/...nt-a-vbac.aspx
http://www.midwiferytoday.com/articl...ercesarean.asp (good facts)



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 20th, 2011, 04:31 AM   59
Mork
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 3,478
Oh forgot to mention-I had staples. Now one side of my scar is barely visible but the other side is red and raised-not pretty!! (not that I will be getting it out on display!!) x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 20th, 2011, 06:38 AM   60
clairebear
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: southwest uk
Posts: 11,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mork View Post
Hi all!
I have been lurking for a while.
My DD was delivered by emergency c section 16 days late after induction, followed by failed ventouse and failed forceps. After all of that I did initially struggle to bf - mainly due to latching issues I think now, but as you can see we got there in the end and are still doing it now nearly 10 months on. I am really confused about what to do next time i.e. planned cs or vbac........
xx
It's a very personal decison. When I first got preg with my second I was sure a planned section was right for me. After reading a few articles and discussing my feelings of faliure after my section, I decided that an attempt at a vbac was very important to me x

No one can make the decision for you or judge you for it x

Hope you get you bfp soon x



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO