My recovery took longer than I expected and I hated the way my stomach felt. I think with a second baby it would be too difficult for DH to take care of me, a toddler and a newborn. I would also love to experience labour, but at the same time, I'm terrified of an emcs more than anything. My planned cs (baby was breech) was emotionally managable.
I had a horrid 40 hour labour that ended with an emcs. I thought before labour that a c section would be the worst thing ever and the thought terrified me but now having had the section and recovered quickly and easily I would definitely choose the c section again. DH said halfway through my labour that he couldn't bear to watch me go through it again and we did consider not having another child. 11 weeks down the line and yes we want another one but I'm too scared to take the risk for a vbac xxx
I had an emergency section as my daughter decided to arrive 4 weeks early and bum first. Added into that the hospital told me I wasn't in labour (my waters had broken earlier int he day) sent my stand in birth partner away and put me on the maternity ward.
When I asked for pain relief they identified I was in labour, 4cm dilated and that my baby was actually breech. Within about 15 mins I was 8cm. But they did manage to get me into theatre on time.
My section was a good experience, my recovery was fantastic.
But the question is - will I have a section again? And I think the answer is yes - here is why
- Out of all the options, forceps is what scares me most for some reason.
- We have a family history of big babies, my mum and her brother were 9 and 10lbers 50 years ago; I was 8lb 12 and my brother was 10lb 15oz (serious ouch for my mum). Although a month early my little girl was still 6lb 9oz; at full term or overdue she could easily have been an 8lber. A second baby is likely to be bigger again
- my recovery was fantastic
- I don't have any concerns about not having a vaginal birth; I know many women feel that they somehow haven't done it 'properly', they have my utmost sympathy but its just a view I cannot and do not subscribe to. the main thing is that baby and mummy are healthy and happy
- I know that a higher percentage of vaginal attempts after a previous section result in either instrument delivery or section anyway compared to those who haven't had a section
- if you go overdue you can't be induced, you just have to stick it out or end up being sectioned anyway
- I have a little girl already and having an actual date will actually make it easier to arrange for her to be looked after
- my husband works off shore and this would prevent us from 'wasting' his time home waiting for me to go into labour!
But - it doesn't stop me going early again, and hubby can still potentially miss this birth as well. Let's hope he doesn't
And if I do go early, I can change my mind at that point and go naturally. It feels like a win-win to me!
I had an emergency C-section with my little girl due to failure to progress after 23hours of established Labour (hell on earth) Now with my next baby My doctor says I have a choice wether to try for a natural birth or I can opt for a C-section again. Would you choose a C-section again if given the option? xxxx
I had the same thing, went in wanting an all natural-no drug birth... after over 30 hours of constant contrations ended up with a c-section because I wasn't dilating (even after 12 hours on pitocin.) I wouldn't change anything, all the pain was worth it, it was a wonderful birthing experience.
My doctor says when we have another child he'll want to do a C-section at 39 weeks but I want to try to have a natural birth again.
I am choosing a c-section this time too, I chose one last time but had to have an emcs because I had been in pre-term labour for 26 hours and they couldn't stop it.
I accept that the next one probably will be very different from the first one but I know what to expect and believe in getting moving as soon after as possible. The nurses last time felt that my recovery was smoother and better because I didn't insist on being wheeled around. At the time I just wanted to go to NICU to see my baby, it was quicker to walk there myself lol.
I had a horrible experience with my dr., nurses, and I would not do another c section ever unless I have to. I had one in the first place bc labored for 24 hrs. I got to a five and my cervix started swelling and baby was turned side ways not facing my back and I had a fever so they decided to take her. I am searching for a new dr who is willing to do vbac and I have done tons of research.
I went in no pain meds no nothing! I dilated, but my water never broke. The dc broke my water, and was in labor for an hour before they said nothing was happening. I was rushed in for emergency c section, and the cord ended up around his neck. He ended up being over 9lbs, and they said he wouldn't of even fit through my canal.
I definitely want natural birth next time. The recovery time is so much quicker, and less painful.
Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com by users or third parties, including but not limited to bloggers, are solely those of the respective user or other third party. They do not reflect the opinions of BabyandBump.Momtastic.com and they have not been reviewed by a physician, psychologist or parenting expert or any member of the BabyandBump.Momtastic.com staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com are not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com. BabyandBump.Momtastic.com does not endorse any opinion, advice, statement, product, service or treatment made available on the website. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.