I was wondering if any of you ladies could help me.
With my last pregnancy my daughter was born by EMCS at 42+1, all because my body didn't labour...despite 3 pessary's, 2 sweeps, waters broken and being on the drip for god knows how long.
I'm now thinking, i don't want to go so far overdue just to end up needing to have another c-section anyway. So i was wondering, if i said i wanted to try and go for a natural labour....would they let me book a c-section for 41 weeks? In the case that my body doesnt go into labour i mean. Kind of like a back up plan? My consultant said he was happy for me to have an elective at 39 anyway...so if he is happy for me to have one would he let me book for when i'm overdue or be like...39 weeks or not at all??
I don't know if i've made much sense but i hope you can understand lol
Thank you in advance and i hope you are all having a happy healthy pregnancy
I wanted a vbac with my daughter and was told they wouldnt let me go no more than 2 weeks past my due date. So they gave me sweeps from 39 weeks and when i got to my due date they booked me in for a c section 8 days later and continued doing sweeps to
get me to go into labour on my own. However i never did go into labour and had her by c section. Not sure if this is any help to you or not? :-) x
hi hun i had my elective booked for 40+1 as i had a emcs with my first baby as i too failed to labour /progress after all the induction methods! anyway i wanted to try for a vbac but i didnt want to be induced so me and my consultant decided that i would go to my due date and if nothing happened then i would have c-section so i booked mine for 40+1 and sure as hell nothing happened naturally and i had my c-section just ask hun! x
I would ask, my friend has a c section booked for her due date (she hopes to go into labour before!) and another has theirs booked for 40+10, providing there aren't any other risk factors if you want to try for a vbac I can't see why they wouldn't book you in later xx
Oh thanks a lot for all of your encouragement and stories it's really helped me and i really appreciate it
Ive decided i'm going to tell the consultant i'm going to try for a VBAC and if my body doesnt go into labour then they'll give me a c-section anyway cos where i am they wont induce if you've previously had a c-section.
Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com by users or third parties, including but not limited to bloggers, are solely those of the respective user or other third party. They do not reflect the opinions of BabyandBump.Momtastic.com and they have not been reviewed by a physician, psychologist or parenting expert or any member of the BabyandBump.Momtastic.com staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com are not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com. BabyandBump.Momtastic.com does not endorse any opinion, advice, statement, product, service or treatment made available on the website. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.