Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 11:06 AM   1
taperjeangirl
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 10,589

Ideas on how to get white school polo shirts white again?!


This is driving me nuts!
My DD's high school t shirts are white polo shirts and they have gone grey

I always seperate my washing (obsessivley!) so they are only washed with whites.

I have tried bleaching them and Vanish whites powder.......

Anyone know anything else?
i do know it's not just Gemma's that are like this cos all her friends ones are grey too but I'd like to get them white!



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 11:14 AM   2
~KACI~
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 12,136
My OH uses Glo white on his chef white's which seems to do the job x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 11:56 AM   3
Caroline
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: North Devon
Posts: 4,261
What temp u washing them on sometimes if you use too high a temp it turns them grey.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 12:27 PM   4
tasha41
Mum (Mom)
BnB Spammer Elite
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The True North Strong & Free
Posts: 25,783
How old are the shirts? My shirts in high school would go grey eventually unfortunately no amount of bleach or anything would get them back white, in fact the bleach would sort of thin out the fabric a little? Maybe try OxyClean??



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 13:20 PM   5
taperjeangirl
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 10,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline View Post
What temp u washing them on sometimes if you use too high a temp it turns them grey.
I wash them at 40 is that too high?



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 13:21 PM   6
taperjeangirl
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 10,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasha41 View Post
How old are the shirts? My shirts in high school would go grey eventually unfortunately no amount of bleach or anything would get them back white, in fact the bleach would sort of thin out the fabric a little? Maybe try OxyClean??
They were bought at xmas time so a few months old



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 13:36 PM   7
lulu0504
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: England
Posts: 1,559
I swear by Lingerie whitener by Dylon...you make a solution, soak them in a bucket for 20mins and then wash. It works so well, i even use it on Bella's white bits that had orange food stains and it got rid of them too. about 2 from wilko's!

http://www.dylon.co.uk/products/whit...-whitener.html



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 14:25 PM   8
Caroline
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: North Devon
Posts: 4,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by taperjeangirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline View Post
What temp u washing them on sometimes if you use too high a temp it turns them grey.
I wash them at 40 is that too high?
I wouldn't have thought so, but check label for washing instructions & see what it says.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 15:59 PM   9
taperjeangirl
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 10,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu0504 View Post
I swear by Lingerie whitener by Dylon...you make a solution, soak them in a bucket for 20mins and then wash. It works so well, i even use it on Bella's white bits that had orange food stains and it got rid of them too. about 2 from wilko's!

http://www.dylon.co.uk/products/whit...-whitener.html
Thanks! will be trying that! Daisy has a white top that she was wearing when Daddy fed her a jar of pasta bolognaise!



Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
ideas , polo , school , shirts , white

featured articles


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO