I have two kids, one crazy toddler and a newborn that screams as soon as she's put down. For that reason it's virtally impossible to get things done when they need to be done (according to DD1's routine).
I have found doing things a certain way, at a certain time of day really help me cope when things get busy. I thought that we could share our tips and perhaps learn something from others, and that would help all of us be a little more organised
My tips for coping with a hectic lifestyle would be:
* getting changing bags ready the night before
* Putting changing bags, coats, blankets, raincover etc all by the buggy so they're ready to go when you need them
* my daughter pees through each night, so having a clean outfit in the lounge ready for the following morning
* having a nappy caddy, with nappies, cream and wipes all at hand in each room I'm likely to change my kids
* one of the first things my daughter does each morning is ask for a drink, so I make sure I have water ready for her in the lounge, always in the same place so she knows where to find it
* Filling up DD1's bottle ahead of her nap so that I can just grab it from the fridge and go. Also having a fresh dummy in the cot ready for her
* If DD1's lunch can be prepared ahead of time, I do so and leave it in the fridge. That way I can just plate it up at lunchtime and she's good to go
* loading the washing machine the night before, with powder inside, so that when I see it's going to be sunny, I can just turn it on and it's ready to go.
What would be your tips for dealing with a hectic lifestyle?
I do the washing thing too lol! Sometimes get dh to startit when he gets up for work so it's ready for me to hang out when I get up!
I just try to use the last hour before dh comes home to clean the kitchen and get dinner ready, and pick up toys etc before we go to bed so the house is reasonably tidy! Cleaning the bathroom, windows, vacuuming etc gets saved for weekend when dh can occupy LO
I'm sure some of those will be handy in a few weeks when I have to handle x
If I know the next day is going to be sunny and I have to get all the kids out first thing I hang my washing on the line just before I go to bed. That way it gets dry the following morning and I don't get behind with the washing.
Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com by users or third parties, including but not limited to bloggers, are solely those of the respective user or other third party. They do not reflect the opinions of BabyandBump.Momtastic.com and they have not been reviewed by a physician, psychologist or parenting expert or any member of the BabyandBump.Momtastic.com staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com are not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com. BabyandBump.Momtastic.com does not endorse any opinion, advice, statement, product, service or treatment made available on the website. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.