Forum Rules


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 5th, 2018, 10:27 AM   11
Katiedw21
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 583
I had this as well with my last baby. Baby was not growing properly abdomen and head size were in the 4th percentile. They monitored me closely for 6 weeks but then at 34 weeks the water started to get very low so I was monitored daily until I got 36 weeks and I got to a point where I felt they were waiting for something to go wrong so they could deliver my hospital is very strict on delivering or being induced rather before 39 weeks and I didn't qualify, so I told my doctor I do not like waiting until something goes wrong and she fibbed the tests a little and was able to induce. He was born small but healthy and had no nicu stay. I think a mother's instinct is very strong and be sure to advocate for yourself if its getting to scary be sure you tell them!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 5th, 2018, 12:55 PM   12
elle kay
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 8
I had my monitoring today, fluid and cord were still good. baby still moving a lot. The doctor was going to give me the steroids today ahead of the growth scan on thursday. i felt a little uncomfortable to take them on the back of only 2 scans so asked if it would be taking a risk to wait to see the outcome of the scan , and he said it would not make much difference because at only 32 weeks they would not want to be rushing into anything and with the tests all being ok today it could wait. but i got the impression he didnt expect the scan to show a sudden growth spurt or anything and that i would be delivering early. So really its a waiting game til thursday, glad its not long to wait and i will take the steroids then if there hasnt been a weight increase. I do feel like the baby is fine at the moment i guess this is me following my instincts to just hold off to be sure and that there is no risk in doing that. Half of me is actually quite excited at the thought of getting to meet my baby earlier and not have that horrible last couple of weeks but of course i really dont want to have her so early that she is stuck in hospital and i'm going back and forth between my babies (i have a 16 month old who is at a very clingy phase!). I do feel quite at peace that everything will be ok , but thursday cant come quick enough for me!



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 8th, 2018, 10:39 AM   13
elle kay
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 8
well i'm very glad i chose to hold off the steroids as baby has jumped to 25th percentile.......from below 5th, in 2 weeks? doesnt seem possible. ......but there it is, my 'significant IUGR' and suggestions i would be admitted next week , all now normal!



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 8th, 2018, 13:27 PM   14
MoBaby
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,301
Great news!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 15:09 PM   15
MumToEva
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,564
Glad things are ok! With my eldest, I had scans every week from 30weeks due to restricted growth. Well she was born naturally at 36 weeks, a few days before I was due to be induced, and while she was small (5lbs), there was nothing amiss at all, and she is now a healthy 6 year old.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 6th, 2018, 10:51 AM   16
phantomfaery1
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,175
This is exactly what happened to me , my son wasnt on the 0.4 centile. I was induced at 37 weeks x apart from low birth weight at 4lb 10 ( below the centile chart ) he was fine x



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
advice , grown , iugr

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



SEO by vBSEO