Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 27th, 2017, 15:32 PM   14201
DSemcho
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Holloman AFB, NM
Posts: 3,029
No unfortunately - I was overseas with my ex husband in Turkey and the doc off base in Adana wouldn't do one because I was over 19 weeks.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 29th, 2017, 15:07 PM   14202
xMissxZoiex
Other
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 8,097
Have you spoken to your doctor?, I know my consultant would say you don't have an incompetent cervix because you were over due with out a cerclage just a short one. Good luck hunny!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 29th, 2017, 15:23 PM   14203
xMissxZoiex
Other
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 8,097
Ladies, I'm due to have my TAC placed on the 1st August but I'm now pregnant!

We are considering trying a TVCIC but so unsure!. I don't really know 100% which way to go. I gave birth to my twins through my shirodkar stitch due to placental abruption, I've been worried about possible damage higher up on my cervix. Urgh such a hard decision!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 2nd, 2017, 14:34 PM   14204
chistiana
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Greece
Posts: 3,086
dsemcho I had ic with my 4th pg and she was born at 35 weeks despite a cerclage. my 6th pregnancy went all the way to 39+3 with a cerclage but my cervix was nice long and closed throughout. so I guess it can happen

misszoe why on earth donline i think I knew this? congratulations hun, I m not sure of the procedure you wrote but given your history they really need to be proactive I guess??? a very happy and healthy 9 months



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 2nd, 2017, 14:50 PM   14205
xMissxZoiex
Other
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 8,097
TVCIC is just slightly higher than Shirodkar if they can get it in, I think some doctors would just call it a high shirodkar. My doctor has offered to see how the top of my cervix looks and if he thinks its too damaged to carry to term with the TVCIC he will do a TAC there and then.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 7th, 2017, 15:01 PM   14206
chistiana
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Greece
Posts: 3,086
ow OK that sounds reasonable. ..when is your appointment?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 7th, 2017, 15:09 PM   14207
xMissxZoiex
Other
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 8,097
I'm going to see my consultant on Wednesday and I think we will discuss it further then. I'm not quite as far along as I originally thought so I've had to wait another week for scan. x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 9th, 2017, 13:16 PM   14208
chistiana
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Greece
Posts: 3,086
Wednesday is really close..just make sure you have all your questions ready and if you feel uncomfortable with your doctor suggestions don't back down



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 9th, 2017, 13:24 PM   14209
xMissxZoiex
Other
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 8,097
I will, thank you luckily for me I have 2 doctors lol so if I don't get what I want with one I will with the other



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO