Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 07:28 AM   4671
lch28
Other
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6,280
okay so i used the progesterone last night before bed. it is called crinone. is anyone else using this? i thought it would be like the monistat stuff that dissolves, but nope, it was just a bunch of gel..

anyway i am freaking out because i just don't think i put it in right. i didn't feel any of it leak out and none of it is coming out this morning. no extra discharge nothing. plus i squeezed it after i took it out to see if any was left and like a dime sized amount came out on my finger. i literally think the stuff that came out on my finger is what was supposed to go in!



Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 07:49 AM   4672
lizziedripping
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 3,858
Alisa, they used a spinal anaesthetic for my stitch placement which is what they'll probably do for you. I doubt your cystitis issues will be made worse by the stitch, but they will take precautions anyway with antibiotics just in case x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 07:51 AM   4673
lizziedripping
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 3,858
Chovie, as dmj mentioned, the pounding heart could be a combination of pregnancy, anxiety and bed rest. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but get checked to put your. Ind at rest hun x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 09:44 AM   4674
Skyy82
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lincolnshire
Posts: 158
Okay so probably tmi, but i was in the bath and for whatever reason I decided to feel below as its been a bit uncomfortable this afternoon. Just on the inside of my vagina at the top feels like a rounded tip, could this be my cervix? I'm sure its not normally there, just feels like Its taking up all the space, should I be concerned or am I overcomplicating things? sorry for the tmi! but hoping someone may know.



Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 10:02 AM   4675
ChovieGirl
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dfw, TX
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMJ View Post
Hi hun.. I too have been feeling this and like you said always when I'm in bed resting. The beating of my heart actually takes over and can really feel it in my head. I take my bp at home and the last few days has been quite low I'm wondering if this is the cause of that. Xx
Hey DMJ

Thanks for the response. My blood pressure does tend to sit on the low side. When I had my cerclage procedure done it really went low due to the spinal and I was nauseated for a bit until my blood pressure went back to normal, which is still low. I have just been trying to take deep breaths and focus my attention elsewhere...but it is hard at times. I think I am going to ask my doctor if there is anything I need to do or watch for next time I see her.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 10:13 AM   4676
ChovieGirl
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dfw, TX
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by lch28 View Post
okay so i used the progesterone last night before bed. it is called crinone. is anyone else using this? i thought it would be like the monistat stuff that dissolves, but nope, it was just a bunch of gel..

anyway i am freaking out because i just don't think i put it in right. i didn't feel any of it leak out and none of it is coming out this morning. no extra discharge nothing. plus i squeezed it after i took it out to see if any was left and like a dime sized amount came out on my finger. i literally think the stuff that came out on my finger is what was supposed to go in!
Crinone 8% is what I am using. It is thicker than something like Monistat, but trust me, it works. It took me about two weeks to get used to this stuff. I believe the papers say that if there is a little left from the tube, not to worry and that you would be getting the correct dosage. I tend to give it a couple good squeezes to really make sure that I get as much as I can. Also, try to make sure that you are putting the applicator far enough in. I put mine in almost to the sqeeze part. Sometimes it feels like the applicator isn't going in straight and sometimes I have a hard time getting the applicator to just go in...usually if I tense up. You might also notice that the Crinone will make your vaginal walls a little more sensitive. It will just take some time to get used to.

One more thing about this stuff that is icky...After using is for a couple of days, you will start to notice bit of the stuff coming out in clumps that are cream colored. This is normal and my doctor had warned me about it. Just a little weird.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 10:20 AM   4677
ChovieGirl
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dfw, TX
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy82 View Post
Okay so probably tmi, but i was in the bath and for whatever reason I decided to feel below as its been a bit uncomfortable this afternoon. Just on the inside of my vagina at the top feels like a rounded tip, could this be my cervix? I'm sure its not normally there, just feels like Its taking up all the space, should I be concerned or am I overcomplicating things? sorry for the tmi! but hoping someone may know.
I am sorry that I do not know an actual answer, although I bet Lizzie does.

I do know that the way it feels inside can change at times for whatever reason.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 10:21 AM   4678
ChovieGirl
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dfw, TX
Posts: 142
Hi Alisa!

Normally they can use either an epidural/spinal or the general anesthesia that knocks you out. It is nice that there is more than one option.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 12:18 PM   4679
Alisa F
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London, UK
Posts: 219
ChovieGirl - thanks. I'm really anxious now awaiting my next appointment next week because I'm on Clexane (low molecular Heparin) and I was told that I can't have any epidural/spinal or general anesthesia while on it. I'm sure I'm not the first person in this situation, but just waiting to have it clarified is drivingme nuts....



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 12:51 PM   4680
danielita
Other
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa F View Post
ChovieGirl - thanks. I'm really anxious now awaiting my next appointment next week because I'm on Clexane (low molecular Heparin) and I was told that I can't have any epidural/spinal or general anesthesia while on it. I'm sure I'm not the first person in this situation, but just waiting to have it clarified is drivingme nuts....
Alisa, I am on Clexane as well (since November 2011) and when I had the cerclage I had general anesthesia (intra venous). I stopped Clexane 24 hours before cerclage and then, 24 hours later (after the cerclage), I started it again. Was not a problem at all. I do not know why you've been told if you are under LMWH you can not have an anesthesia. You only have to stop Clexane one day before intervention.



Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
cerclage , cervix , incompetent , labour , stitch , stitch cerclage , threatened

featured articles


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO