Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 15th, 2010, 13:20 PM   41
mich1365
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 121
Thank you so much. I already feel I dont know what I would do without you as there seems to be no support for this limbo period...they just tell you short cervix, bed rest, and go home and life is very different. You have all given me 50 questions for the specialist tomorrow and I feel well armed now. Another question...any tips for the soreness of laying in bed. Only a few days in and so much pain. Do you get massages and have a repetoire of special exercises? I was told even sitting up is bad...so hard to do much.
Lizzie- I finished the 2009 thread yesterday...18 pages. Wow...you have been through a lot and are the authority on here for everyone. Thank you.
Jessabella-23 weeks is great and I am so happy to have a friend in the same situaton at the same time. We have to stay in close touch!



Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 15th, 2010, 13:37 PM   42
mich1365
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 121
Also, how do you post a photo in your info box...cant locate that option. Thanks!



Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 06:38 AM   43
jessabella
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 2,094
Hi girls...Oh I feel like such an idiot..guess I need to vent somewhere..Hubby bought me a new tv (not that we really needed one) but since Im always on the lounge watching it now he said I needed a bigger one and LED..so I didnt complain
Anyway hubby had it set up for them to deliver the tv and set it up..but when they go here they just took it out of the box and put it on the table...didnt set up anything. So I had to set up everything else..I thought it would be no big deal but I then set up the media centre..which is a big heavy computre box (should be holds about 800 movies) anyway..it was about three times heavier than I thought it would be..and it really hurt my back and now I feel so exausted..I feel like a big big idot for even doing it and now so worried about my baby...why did I even do it..I dont know ..
I think that when you are back to feeling normal you forget about what you are and arnet meant to do..so now even though tv isnt perfectly set up..its set up and im lying down until hubby comes home except to eat and go for wee...
anyway I guess Im saying this because I have no where else to vent and feel really stupid with myself..and also to remind you other girls not to do anything..even if you feel like you are able to.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 06:44 AM   44
jessabella
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by mich1365 View Post
Also, how do you post a photo in your info box...cant locate that option. Thanks!
If you look in the top of the screen you can go to User CP. Then go to edit Avi. should work after you upload a photo.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 13:06 PM   45
HelenGee
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 348

Newbie anxious


Thank you so much for all your posts I'm so glad I've found this thread. To shorten a very long story my cerclage was an emergency one placed at 20w5. I had a cervix of 13mm with funnelling but membranes were still out of way. The consultant is not optimistic at all. We have (fingers crossed) survived 6 days post cerclage. I am taking cyclogest morning and night and am on self imposed bed rest. I am petrified at every twinge and my mental state is not good. I will post more when I feel more up to chatting it's just nice to know there are others doing the same. Thank you xx good luck xx



Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 19:30 PM   46
mich1365
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 121

1.6 now


In case this info has something to help someone else.....interesting to see how different docs treat similiar things. I went to high risk specialist then sent to the hospital in Denver to another high risk specialist. Both said no cerclage for me...now almost 21 wks. They said to risky also...given they think I have a small clot/tear in the placenta causing all my problems. They also say these clots/tears tend to resolve on their own. If not, bigger problems, but I will hope for the best. the only intervention for now is progesterone they say and weekly measuring of the cervix, still not dialated, funneling or effaced in any way. Hmmmmm. Time will tell. Oh, and both specialist today were big skeptics that bed rest makes any difference in outcomes but all agree it does not hurt and lots of activity might. So I feel better about moving around a bit inside the house at least, but will lay as much as I can and not lift a thing. No more of that Jessabella HelenGee, mine were optimistic that with a cervix this short there are several more weeks to be gotten out of a pregnancy. Doesn't it suck to have so many ultrasounds though and see the baby so much? I get more attached with each one. So in love already. Prior to this science we would be spared the visual of our perfect baby growing inside us.



Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 21:09 PM   47
Callie19st
Other
New BnB member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 1

Cervical Cerclage Nightmare


Hi all just venting and any response or comment is welcomed i'm 35yrs old me and marvin been together for 5 years period was a few days late straight to the doctors i'm pregnant and happy did all i was suppose to do in o i miscarried alot of times.. I went for a ultrsound at einstein hospital here in philly so dr.chou suggest go to the high risk clinic so they suggest i get my cervix checked evryweek so the first week i get it check i'm 18 weeks anyways dr.chou says my cervix is open and he wantes me to get a cerclage the mcdonald one so he sends me home tell me what date to come in and get it they gave the epidural so i can get it do i didn't feel them doing it so afterwards they give a catheter cause my bladder was full and they wanna check the baby the chucks were wet so they send me home saying the surgery was a success i was told bed rest and etc... Come back monday they did the cerclage on a thursday so monday when i get there he gives me a ultrsound and then says i have a ruptured membrane. He said go home rest relax cause sometimes ur fluid can build up and come in wed i did by then no water left so they had to take the cerclage out inwhich i felt insert something vaginally so i can have the baby he was 9.2 ounces he was my 1st baby for me and marvin in a matter of 3 weeks i lost my baby and my job of 5years as a dental assistant cause he hired someone else...it's like i trusted the doctor he said this would make everything all better but instead now my baby is in heaven....................



Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 19:16 PM   48
MikaylasMummy
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central Coast, Australia
Posts: 2,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessabella View Post
Hi girls...Oh I feel like such an idiot..guess I need to vent somewhere..Hubby bought me a new tv (not that we really needed one) but since Im always on the lounge watching it now he said I needed a bigger one and LED..so I didnt complain
Anyway hubby had it set up for them to deliver the tv and set it up..but when they go here they just took it out of the box and put it on the table...didnt set up anything. So I had to set up everything else..I thought it would be no big deal but I then set up the media centre..which is a big heavy computre box (should be holds about 800 movies) anyway..it was about three times heavier than I thought it would be..and it really hurt my back and now I feel so exausted..I feel like a big big idot for even doing it and now so worried about my baby...why did I even do it..I dont know ..
I think that when you are back to feeling normal you forget about what you are and arnet meant to do..so now even though tv isnt perfectly set up..its set up and im lying down until hubby comes home except to eat and go for wee...
anyway I guess Im saying this because I have no where else to vent and feel really stupid with myself..and also to remind you other girls not to do anything..even if you feel like you are able to.

oh dear..dont know about everyone else but iv been there..
hopefully things will settle down for u if u get back to resting and stop doing the heavy lifting!!i often get very sore especially since i have to lie or sit down as much as possible if i do happen to have to get up and rush around or do anything of the sort..give ur back and muscles a chance to relax and u may find it will be fine.x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 19:20 PM   49
MikaylasMummy
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central Coast, Australia
Posts: 2,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by mich1365 View Post
In case this info has something to help someone else.....interesting to see how different docs treat similiar things. I went to high risk specialist then sent to the hospital in Denver to another high risk specialist. Both said no cerclage for me...now almost 21 wks. They said to risky also...given they think I have a small clot/tear in the placenta causing all my problems. They also say these clots/tears tend to resolve on their own. If not, bigger problems, but I will hope for the best. the only intervention for now is progesterone they say and weekly measuring of the cervix, still not dialated, funneling or effaced in any way. Hmmmmm. Time will tell. Oh, and both specialist today were big skeptics that bed rest makes any difference in outcomes but all agree it does not hurt and lots of activity might. So I feel better about moving around a bit inside the house at least, but will lay as much as I can and not lift a thing. No more of that Jessabella HelenGee, mine were optimistic that with a cervix this short there are several more weeks to be gotten out of a pregnancy. Doesn't it suck to have so many ultrasounds though and see the baby so much? I get more attached with each one. So in love already. Prior to this science we would be spared the visual of our perfect baby growing inside us.


hey hun..i too am not allowed a cerclage as my placenta is very low lying and a bit of it is actually dipping into my shortening cervix making a stitch too higher risk of infection to the placenta..my ob said he definatley wouldnt hit the placenta or pierce it.but if there was an infection there would be no time to get bubs out before it affected him.
as for bed rest not helping i beg to differ!i was 2.8cm(still a fair bit i know but at this point i had funneling of membranes) and with the progesterone pesseries some medication for contractions and bed rest i LENGTHENED to 3.3cms!started to relax a bit and move around some more and get more of a life back and shortened back to 2.9cm
my funneling and shortening was noticed at 19 weeks and im still hanging in there at 29 weeks with no stitch!and a gigantic baby!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 19:21 PM   50
MikaylasMummy
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central Coast, Australia
Posts: 2,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie19st View Post
Hi all just venting and any response or comment is welcomed i'm 35yrs old me and marvin been together for 5 years period was a few days late straight to the doctors i'm pregnant and happy did all i was suppose to do in o i miscarried alot of times.. I went for a ultrsound at einstein hospital here in philly so dr.chou suggest go to the high risk clinic so they suggest i get my cervix checked evryweek so the first week i get it check i'm 18 weeks anyways dr.chou says my cervix is open and he wantes me to get a cerclage the mcdonald one so he sends me home tell me what date to come in and get it they gave the epidural so i can get it do i didn't feel them doing it so afterwards they give a catheter cause my bladder was full and they wanna check the baby the chucks were wet so they send me home saying the surgery was a success i was told bed rest and etc... Come back monday they did the cerclage on a thursday so monday when i get there he gives me a ultrsound and then says i have a ruptured membrane. He said go home rest relax cause sometimes ur fluid can build up and come in wed i did by then no water left so they had to take the cerclage out inwhich i felt insert something vaginally so i can have the baby he was 9.2 ounces he was my 1st baby for me and marvin in a matter of 3 weeks i lost my baby and my job of 5years as a dental assistant cause he hired someone else...it's like i trusted the doctor he said this would make everything all better but instead now my baby is in heaven....................
so sorry for the loss of your precious baby.



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO