Forum Rules


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 13th, 2018, 17:47 PM   11
NDH
Mum (Mom)
BnB Spammer Elite
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 20,083
I know a lady who was Homebirthing and gbs positive. Antibiotics weren't an option at home, so she went to hospital every 4 hours for another dose and then back home! But she also only lived a couple minutes from hospital.
There are protocols one can also go in the final weeks prior to gbs test (and then continue through to birth) to eliminate gbs.

Specifically regarding the slightly elevated temperature you asked about, no, that would not be a cause for me to transfer at all (but full disclosure I'm also one who would only transfer if a cesarean is necessary)



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 19th, 2018, 08:37 AM   12
kittylady
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 2,267
That seems like such a lot of effort, but then I don't like moving whilst pregnant and I'm the only person who can drive in my immediate family.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 19th, 2018, 15:36 PM   13
NDH
Mum (Mom)
BnB Spammer Elite
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 20,083
Yeah there's no way I'd be doing that either! But happy for her to have found a way to homebirth that made her feel safe.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 29th, 2018, 04:46 AM   14
xarlenex
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bonny Scotland :)
Posts: 4,244
I would do trips to hospital for the antibiotics if I were closer , but we're 40 mins away. I'm waiting for an appointment with a birth choices consultant, I'll see where my head is at after this. Thanks ladies!



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO