Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 07:54 AM   1
Merry Mira
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Egypt
Posts: 13

I have 2 c sections


Hello,I need help please, I have two kids and i have 2 c sections for both of them,now i wanna have the third baby ,but i wanna have it vaginally,is it safe to have it vaginally after two c sections???? i can't have third c section cause my kids at school and i need to be okay after birth to take care of them ... Thanks in advance.
Mira



Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 14:38 PM   2
tristansmum
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: southampton, england
Posts: 2,814
All depends on your reasons for having your c sections, the type of scar and your midwife/doctor. Plenty of women have a vbac after 2 sections. I'm trying for a vbac after my section 2 years ago. Good luck



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 15:25 PM   3
nov_mum
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,663
As the pp said, depending on your previous scars and history VBA2C is totally do-able. The recovery side of things can be daunting when you have other children huh? I am freaking out a bit that baby won't turn and I will have to have section. I have a four, two and one year old and the idea of managing all on my own a week post surgery when my hubby goes back to work makes me panic a little to be honest. Good luck with your decision : )



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 16:33 PM   4
Merry Mira
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Egypt
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristansmum View Post
All depends on your reasons for having your c sections, the type of scar and your midwife/doctor. Plenty of women have a vbac after 2 sections. I'm trying for a vbac after my section 2 years ago. Good luck
First thanks for replying me,second my previous two c sections for two different reasons,the first baby his amblical cord was so short and around his neck so i couldn't give birth vagunally,but i experienced contractions every 5 min and it was really painful,and for the second baby,she was born before her due date by 2 months almost,cause i had prevea placenta,it was down aand also she becomes younger inside me so the doctors had to let her out from me before the due date....that's the reasons



Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 16:35 PM   5
Merry Mira
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Egypt
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nov_mum View Post
As the pp said, depending on your previous scars and history VBA2C is totally do-able. The recovery side of things can be daunting when you have other children huh? I am freaking out a bit that baby won't turn and I will have to have section. I have a four, two and one year old and the idea of managing all on my own a week post surgery when my hubby goes back to work makes me panic a little to be honest. Good luck with your decision : )
God be with you really,u made me afraid to do it again I know it's hard decision rally,but i'm still thinking and see if i can hae the baby vaginally cause really i can't have another c section,so i'm still thinking,and thank you for the advice



Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 16:17 PM   6
1cre8tivgrl
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Maine, USA
Posts: 5,635
I am pregnant with my 3rd and wanted to try a vbac this time (I also have had 2 c-sections) my doctor said absolutely not I know some do let you try it all depends on your doc and where you are having it done too...good luck!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 11:16 AM   7
Merry Mira
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Egypt
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cre8tivgrl View Post
I am pregnant with my 3rd and wanted to try a vbac this time (I also have had 2 c-sections) my doctor said absolutely not I know some do let you try it all depends on your doc and where you are having it done too...good luck!
Thanks alot for your reply,here in Egypt too most doctors not couraging three c sections I don't know the reasons really,but i know one had 2 c sections and the third baby she had him vaginally so that's what couraged me to do it again and try vaginally....



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 09:25 AM   8
blinkava
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,406
I have heard a bunch of success stories of women who have had multiple c-sections and went on to have successful vaginal deliveries. It depends on your why you had your previous c-sections , and you have to find a doctor who is willing to do it. I have had 2 sections already and my 3rd is in a couple of days, but my doctor just won't do it because of a chance of uterine tear.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 03:20 AM   9
bluerose783
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 46
Ahh hearing that excuse of uterine rupture makes me so cranky. It is such a low risk, seriously like less than 1% , as long as you keep your labour natural. There is a lot of talk around that the only reason doctors refuse to vbac +2 or more is for litigation reasons, and also time constraints, which is so totally ridiculous.

Midwife is your best bet for vbac support, and if you labour at a public hospital you can't be refused treatment. Chase up the research, it will suprise you and goodluck. I'm aiming for a vbac+2 in the next few weeks.



Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
sections

featured articles


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO