Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 9th, 2016, 14:56 PM   1
hhimayy
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 183

Process hasn't even started yet...


On Wednesday we went in for our first scan. Unfortunately after 5 mins of the tech taking pictures she turned and said that she was sorry but she couldn't find a heartbeat and things didn't look normal. I was 8wks 4 days (sure of my dates) ad she said she should have seen a heartbeat.

Instead the scan showed a gestational sac. The tech pointed out the yolk sac and what she thought to be a second yolk sac and then there was a blob in the middle of the screeen. She said the only thing she could think of it being was a clot.

The doctors came in to talk with me and we're very sympathetic. I receive multiple pamphlets on early loss. They told me my options bUT then said why don't we check your numbers and do another scan next week. I told them I'd rather things occur naturall.y.

Of coarse I went home and did research. I could not find one other scan that looked like mine. I kept saying to myself that maybe my retroverted uterus made it hard for the tech to get a good angle or heartbeat.

I went back in on Friday to have the levels drawn. I called them and was informed they had dropped from 20000 to 19500. So it looked like I was miscarrying. She again told me my options but said my doctor wanted me to have a scan no matter what this upcoming wednesday. I still stuck to my natural wishes.

So now Im just sitting her waiting for things to happen. I had slight cramping on thursday but nothing today. I've had some twinges in my cervix area but no spotting. If things haven't progressed by Wednesday I'm not sure how long I can hold out for things to happen naturally.

I feel selfish but I just want things to progress so that we can move on.



Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 9th, 2016, 15:10 PM   2
rebeccalouise
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leicester
Posts: 5,160
so sorry you're going through this hun. X



Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 10th, 2016, 06:26 AM   3
Amygdala
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,556
I'm right there with you. On Wednesday, we discovered that I had a mmc a little while ago. Baby stopped growing at 8+3. I'm around 12 weeks now. So I've known for four days but have to wait another four for a d&c. I've had medical management for a mmc before and I really don't want it to happen naturally. So I'm just sitting here hoping that I don't start bleeding before Thursday. I wish they didn't make me wait so long.

Are you going to consider medication if things don't progress? I hope it's quick for you.



Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 10th, 2016, 08:50 AM   4
hhimayy
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 183
Yes I will consider it after my scan wednesday. I guess I'm still trying to hold onto a little bit of hope that it wasn't a good scan. And that my levels had just plateau'd but it seems like there is just too much against me right for it to turn around into a positive.



Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 10th, 2016, 10:03 AM   5
bcos21
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 801
So sorry that this is happening to you. I had a d&c two days after they found my Mmc at 8weeks, it was so hard. Even for those 2 days I was terrified the bleeding would start or it wouldn't or I dont know, those were rough days and I am so sorry you find yourself there too.



Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 10th, 2016, 17:26 PM   6
Mandi159
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1
I am so sorry this is also happening to you, I am going through this as well and it's not easy. On Friday my doctor confirmed that she thinks I am having a missed miscarriage. I chose to wait to schedule the D&C, hoping that my body would just naturally do what it needed. I am starting to think that choosing to wait was harder than just scheduling it because I feel like I am just reliving the hurt over and over again each day. The only thing that is preventing me from scheduling it, is I have this little piece of hope thinking maybe the doctors could be wrong and maybe my baby is just developing slow. They are ordering me a new ultrasound in two weeks and if there is still no heartbeat and no new development, I think I am going to schedule the D&C. The waiting game is honestly killing me. Good Luck and I am sending my hugs.



Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 11th, 2016, 01:37 AM   7
Amygdala
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,556
I understand wanting to be absolutely sure. I had a private ultrasound on Saturday. Not because I thought they'd made a mistake but because I needed to be absolutely sure before I have surgery. I watched the ultrasound and there is no question about it at all in my case. The repeat scan really helped me find some peace.

Nandi, could you see a different doctor for a second opinion? It seems cruel to make you wait two weeks for an answer (even if it's your choice to wait). Another ultrasound a few days later will tell you if there's been any development and you'll have a pretty positive answer either way. But of course you need to do what is best for yourself and maybe for you, you need to wait? I still hope you won't have to spend two weeks in uncertainty though.



Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO