I have to go back for a scan tomorrow as I have been bleeding since having misoprostol for mmc 24 days ago. If the scan shows remaining tissue they will either ask me if I want to wait and have antibiotics, take misoprostol again or have a d & c. What do you all think? I will have to decide right after the scan and they have said if I opt for misoprostol I will be given it there and then. I dont want to wait for it naturally as the bleeding is stopping and starting so my body clearly needs help! What's everyone's opinions? Xxxxxx
Anyone? I really need to hear other people's opinions before the hospital bullies me into just waiting for it to pass naturally xxxx
Well firstly I am sorry that you are still going through this...if you have seen my posts you will know my nightmare still continues......what I will say to you as a positive is that it has to be your decision..which ever route you take its your body....I have gone through the natural route with my recent miscarriage, ended up at a and e several times, before that 8 weeks continuously at the hospital...I have had a manual evacuation.....very painful....had the medication for retained products...it didn't work...ended up with an infection and feeling terrible which is ongoing.....had a d and c as they felt it was the better option for the infection and because I was feeling so ill.....I was scared....very scared of the anaesthetic.....honestly...please don't be scared...it was a trillion times better than I expected...and they were so kind.....granted I do have complications now, but its not from the d and c or the meds......its from a very difficult miscarriage.....
Don't let anyone bully you into anything......your decision...and if you need thinking time...tell them....I did and they gave me a nice room, cup of tea and time to decide.....there was no pressure.......granted the d and c finally was slightly taken out of my hands, but I had a choice before that of meds or d and c for the retained tissue....
I can't tell you what to do, no one can.....but if you have had the meds...do you really want to go through that again and it maybe not work.....take care and feel free to message me...xxx
I have now had both a natural miscarriage and a D&C. For me if I ever had to go through this again I would have a D&C no questions asked. My natural miscarriage happened at almost 8 weeks after everything stopped growing around 6 weeks. I was in extreme pain and had extremely heavy bleeding with tons of large clots. This time I had a MMC at 9 weeks and everything except the baby was still measuring on track so I knew it would be a lot more to pass and my doctor recommended the D&C for that reason and the fact we didn't know when my body would get the message that everything wasn't okay. I was nervous because I had never had surgery before but it wasn't bad (the loss was hard the surgery wasn't). It was just on Friday but since then I have only experienced mild cramping and light bleeding.
hey Baileybubs, we are in the same boat, I had to go to hospital today to scan for retained products, they said if its less than 3 cm in size I could opt for natural or a further dose of misoprostol. I opted for the misoprostol, just to give it one last go and avoid surgery. (the remaining tissue was less than 3cm). Who knows what happens if this fails again I guess as always it's a waiting game.
I have started bleeding, but as far as I'm aware not passed anything yet, I have to call them on Wednesday and let them know how things are.
Whichever decision you make, make sure it was your own decision. If u are feeling well and can cope, don't let them bulky you into anything you are not happy with xx
It seems the decision has been made for me, but not by the doctors, by my own body! Turns out there is some tissue still stuck at the top of my cervix, they tried to remove it manually but my cervix is closed so it's no wonder it's stuck!! The rest of my uterus looks great so a d & c would be removing perfectly healthy lining and as soon as my cervix opens that should allow the tissue to pass. So the only option was to take misoprostol to open my cervix!! Fingers crossed it does the job and I don't have to come back here again!! Although the nurse was really nice today and brought me coffee and toast and said that it must be so hard for me not having it end!!
I'm actually sat in EPAU now waiting for the all clear to go home and wait for the pain to begin all over again!!
How are you feeling now rainbowsend? Any signs of passing? Hope the pain isn't too bad for you xxxxx
Hiya' glad things are hopefully moving on for you... X
I'm not really sure what to expect, they said what is left is quite small, but I assume I would know if I passed it...?
I have started bleeding and started passing (sorry if TMI) mucousy blood, but apart from passing the pills I don't think I've passed tissue, so am still a little confused. Will call epau again tomorrow to see what they say.
I really hope all goes well for you and you can begin to move on xxxx big hugs xxx
I was the same first time I took misoprostol, lots of blood and mucousy blood too but no real sign of tissue. What they can see in my uterus is apparently 2.5cm so I'm hoping I would see it but who knows?! I'm not in any pain yet though so no contractions to push whatever it is out (sorry for tmi) but so far nothing has really happened. I only took it 4 hours ago though.
Hope the EPAU have more answers for you, I have to call them if I've any problems either that or call again on Tues next week for a consultation.
I'm wondering if I'm going to be in the same pain with taking misoprostol again as I was the first time... Xxxx
Such a long waiting game isn't it??! I was hoping that as the tissue was located literally at my cervix that it would pass easy once my cervix opens.....but I guess it depends if it's stuck doesn't it?! It's never ending! Are you off work then now? They gave me another 2 week sick note but I want to get back to work ASAP xxxx
Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com by users or third parties, including but not limited to bloggers, are solely those of the respective user or other third party. They do not reflect the opinions of BabyandBump.Momtastic.com and they have not been reviewed by a physician, psychologist or parenting expert or any member of the BabyandBump.Momtastic.com staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com are not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com. BabyandBump.Momtastic.com does not endorse any opinion, advice, statement, product, service or treatment made available on the website. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.