Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 2nd, 2016, 08:25 AM   21
mrs unicorn
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: North East - UK
Posts: 2,819
Aw that's sweet. We don't really talk about it much if I'm honest - well apart from laughing at how bloated I am!! It's hard because neither of us want to get too attached or excited, I'm sure it's really common to be like that.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 2nd, 2016, 11:33 AM   22
Sophie2015
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,054
Had my first scan today. I'm 6+3. HR 126. Yippee!! After being sick with a cold and running a fever all weekend I'm so relieved.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 2nd, 2016, 13:27 PM   23
klabro
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 478
Hi ladies! Congrats Sophie!! I also just had my first ultrasound today and was put back to 6+3 (which I expected) and heart rate of 124! Feeling a momentary gush of relief. The first step is out of the way, and that is exactly what I am going to focus on right now. Step one done. Now on to the next phases...



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 2nd, 2016, 13:31 PM   24
Sophie2015
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,054
Klabro that's awesome news!! And that's exactly how I feel. Hurdle number 1 is out of the way. On to hurdle number 2. When is your next scan?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 2nd, 2016, 14:06 PM   25
klabro
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie2015 View Post
Klabro that's awesome news!! And that's exactly how I feel. Hurdle number 1 is out of the way. On to hurdle number 2. When is your next scan?
I'm not sure on the next scan, but likely at about 12-13 weeks. I'll have to get a cerclage around that time and from what I've been told they will do a scan first.

After the cerclage is placed I'll either be on weekly or biweekly scans because of checking cervical length. I guess the is one positive to take from my situation, I'll get to see baby a lot.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 2nd, 2016, 14:08 PM   26
klabro
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs unicorn View Post
Aw that's sweet. We don't really talk about it much if I'm honest - well apart from laughing at how bloated I am!! It's hard because neither of us want to get too attached or excited, I'm sure it's really common to be like that.
Mrs Unicorn-I think it is really common to be like that. That really is how I have been feeling. My hubby is a little more optimistic and positive. He says he just knows that everything will be alright. I sure hope he is right, but for right now I'm just keeping myself a little distanced from it all, just in case.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 3rd, 2016, 00:37 AM   27
mrs unicorn
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: North East - UK
Posts: 2,819
Ladies that's fab news!!! I can't believe there's a little heartbeat there to pick up already! So happy for you both!

I have a feeling I'll be put back date wise too as I od around cd16/17. But I won't actually change anything till the 12 week scan as that's the NHS one.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 3rd, 2016, 08:27 AM   28
mrs unicorn
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: North East - UK
Posts: 2,819
I'm really struggling today. Just feel so anxious and sad, like it's going to happen again. Or it already has. I've cried 3 times already today, I hate this. I knew it'd be hard but.... Just wishing the weeks away. I don't really have any symptoms either, although I know it's a touch early for them the initial nausea I had has gone. My bbs really hurt though. We've managed to find a private clinic that will do a scan at 6 weeks so we're going next Friday - feels like an age away. Sorry to be so down, don't really have anyone I can talk to and I know you guys will understand where I'm coming from.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 3rd, 2016, 11:06 AM   29
klabro
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs unicorn View Post
I'm really struggling today. Just feel so anxious and sad, like it's going to happen again. Or it already has. I've cried 3 times already today, I hate this. I knew it'd be hard but.... Just wishing the weeks away. I don't really have any symptoms either, although I know it's a touch early for them the initial nausea I had has gone. My bbs really hurt though. We've managed to find a private clinic that will do a scan at 6 weeks so we're going next Friday - feels like an age away. Sorry to be so down, don't really have anyone I can talk to and I know you guys will understand where I'm coming from.
You aren't alone. I feel anxious and sad 50 times a day. I also feel happy and hopeful 50 times a day. It is a process. The other day I cried 3 times within a couple hours and prior to that I hadn't cried at all. Its just something that we need to get through and try to celebrate each day that we are still going problem free. In my first pregnancy I had pretty much no symptoms at all besides being tired. I had no sore boobs, no nausea, no cramping, just nothing. She is now a beautiful 4 year old. Don't worry so much about the symptoms. We'll get through this, vent here anytime you need because I guarantee we are all feeling the same way!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 3rd, 2016, 11:10 AM   30
Sophie2015
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,054
Mrs unicorn- I totally get it. It's just fear though. Remind yourself you have nothing to be sad about. Trust me, after 4 losses I do this to myself every pregnancy. My 3rd pregnancy I even took to my bed crying and mourning the loss of my baby at 6 weeks. Two days later we had the first scan and she was fine 😄 (I lost her due to a genetic issue that likely wouldn't happen to you btw).
Also I've never had symptoms really with any of my pregnancies. So each pregnancy I feel doomed. Even this one. I lost my breast tenderness and constipation over the weekend! But little bean is in there beating away.
Glad you are having a private scan. However are you 100% certain about your dates? If not wait a few days. The last thing you want to do is pay for a scan but be too early to see the HB. Plus that will only upset you more.



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO