Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 7th, 2016, 09:32 AM   1
blmcd08
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 90

Hello 5 weeks after 12 week MC


Hello! I am both terrified and excited to be here. We had a miscarriage in April and in July this year. So hear I am @5 weeks 2 days and scared out of my mind to even mention it to anyone.

My doc told me that she would do an ultrasound earlier than 12 weeks to check to see if everything was okay for thr next pregnancy. Well we are hear. Anyone else have advice on this? What week did you call the doc and when did you have tests ect...?

Thanks!

~B~



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 8th, 2016, 13:14 PM   2
beccabonny
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: New York State, USA
Posts: 1,408
Sorry for your losses and congrats on your pregnancy! I called as soon as I got the BFP (a month after my second mc) and was put on progesterone immediately. They got me in for a scan around 6 weeks, then another at 8, then at 12. How soon will you be going in? Usually if you have previous losses they are pretty good about taking care of you. Fingers crossed for you everything goes well!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 14th, 2016, 11:18 AM   3
blmcd08
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabonny View Post
Sorry for your losses and congrats on your pregnancy! I called as soon as I got the BFP (a month after my second mc) and was put on progesterone immediately. They got me in for a scan around 6 weeks, then another at 8, then at 12. How soon will you be going in? Usually if you have previous losses they are pretty good about taking care of you. Fingers crossed for you everything goes well!
Hi thanks for your reply! I am going in at 7 weeks so on the 19th! I'm scared as heck!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 14th, 2016, 15:43 PM   4
BecksBabyB
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Yorkshire, England
Posts: 319
Hi

Congratulations! I am in a similar position to you. I had a miscarriage back in August and I am now pregnant, possibly 14 weeks as I believe I got regnant almost straight away after the miscarriage. I have my first midwife appointment next week but no scan booked in just yet.

It's scary isn't it, I feel nervous all the time, almost like I'm waiting for something to go wrong. I wish I could enjoy my pregnancy more, but I think that will come with time.

My fingers are crossed that you have a healthy and happy pregnancy!

Bx



Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 15th, 2016, 03:16 AM   5
blmcd08
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by BecksBabyB View Post
Hi

Congratulations! I am in a similar position to you. I had a miscarriage back in August and I am now pregnant, possibly 14 weeks as I believe I got regnant almost straight away after the miscarriage. I have my first midwife appointment next week but no scan booked in just yet.

It's scary isn't it, I feel nervous all the time, almost like I'm waiting for something to go wrong. I wish I could enjoy my pregnancy more, but I think that will come with time.

My fingers are crossed that you have a healthy and happy pregnancy!

Bx
My fingers are crossed for you too! I agree with the wishing we couod.enjoy our pregnacy more.. since this will probably be my last



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 17th, 2016, 20:03 PM   6
BSelck24
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 1,521
Hi there and congrats! I had two back to back miscarriages in March and April of this year and was terrified to tell my doctor I had fallen pregnant a third month in a row... So since both of those miscarriages were just over 5 weeks along, I waited until 8 weeks to even call my doctor. But as a ray of hope... Everything worked out and I am now 32 weeks pregnant with my second son!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 19th, 2016, 16:34 PM   7
blmcd08
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSelck24 View Post
Hi there and congrats! I had two back to back miscarriages in March and April of this year and was terrified to tell my doctor I had fallen pregnant a third month in a row... So since both of those miscarriages were just over 5 weeks along, I waited until 8 weeks to even call my doctor. But as a ray of hope... Everything worked out and I am now 32 weeks pregnant with my second son!

So glad things worked out for you after that heartache. I had my scan today. Baby's heart rate was a perfect 130. Though it is measuring a week behind what I thought I was. My cycles have been rather irregular so I probably ovulated later than I thought I did. Congrats on you current baby bump!!



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO