Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 12:31 PM   11
Hope16
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: US
Posts: 909
Hey ladies ... thanks to anyone who still might be following along. I went in for blood work and an ultrasound today. The doctor said there was nothing in my uterus and my lining was a 2. So no need for a D&C. However there was a mass inside my right fallopian tube. It could be a blood clot left over from the bleed I had two weeks ago. The only way to tell if this mass is still an embryo is to see what my beta levels are doing. Last Monday they stalled out at 165. Today they came back at 90 which is a good sign it's potentially resolving itself.

I had a choice- either come back today and get the methotrexate shot to abort whatever might be lingering. Then I can't conceive for 3 months in order to avoid birth defects. Or come back sunday for bloodwork and ultrasound. They want to see if my numbers drop significantly again and to measure the mass. If it's shrinking or dissolved completely that's a good sign it's resolving on its own and not a risk of rupture.

I chose to wait until Sunday. I am so scared of needles and I really think it might be resolving on its own. Plus I don't want to inject myself with a chemotherapy drug that can cause birth defects. All of that scares me.

Do you think I've made the right choice?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 16:00 PM   12
glong88
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,667
Yes certainly xx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 17:21 PM   13
Sander
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 452
Just remember all these medical tools are relatively new - people’s bodies have been handling pregnancies and losses of pregnancies from the start. I think you made a good choice to wait and see what your body can do on its own.

I’m so sorry for your loss



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 12th, 2018, 10:49 AM   14
Hope16
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: US
Posts: 909
My numbers jumped from 90 to 190 so I was advised yesterday that I need to come in for the shot. They took my height, weight, temperature and blood pressure. I go back at noon and we will discuss the hcg levels and I will get the shot.

I woke up this morning and was bleeding again. I have tension on my left side which is weird because the ectopic mass is on my right side. I am a ball of emotions. Angry, sad, overwhelmed, scared. My husband just doesn't understand because it's not happening to him. He gets to be a spectator from the sidelines and I am the one that has to get poked for blood draws and get pumped with hormones. Now I have to get another big needle full of a chemotherapy drug that can cause birth defects. Plus I hate the idea of waiting another 3 months to try again. I am going to be 36 years old this August so a part of me feels like I'm racing the clock. It just seems so unfair.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 12th, 2018, 12:01 PM   15
bcos21
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 816
I am so sorry you are going through this. Be kind to yourself during this tough time. Wishing you much love and healing ❤❤



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
doubling , hcg , low

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



SEO by vBSEO