Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 5th, 2018, 04:38 AM   1
taylorttc
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 489

Need advice asap


Iím 6 weeks+2 today
3rd Baby.

Been bleeding since last night, seen midwife this morning and she said thereís nothing they can till Tuesday with it being a weekend and bank holiday.

Bleeding is red like start it period and felt a few clots when on toilet but havenít had any on pad and Iím not filling pads.

Have no pain other than backache last night.

Is there any chance this isnít a miscarriage?
Iíve lost hope already.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 5th, 2018, 07:19 AM   2
Tripltemum3
Other
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 60
I dont have any personal experience myself but my grandmother did bleed heavily for the first 5 months that she was pregnant with my uncle.

Cant the early pregnancy unit at the hospital see you for a precautionary scan now ? xx



Status: Offline
 
Old May 5th, 2018, 07:24 AM   3
taylorttc
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 489
Iíve read loads of positive stories but I canít helo but lose hope.

All units are shut around here over the weekend and no scans available , she said Tuesday was the earliest I could be seen and to take it easy until then.

Iím still bleeding no cramps or anything pads arenít soaking just like a light period at the moment

I donít know what else it could be except miscarriage



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 5th, 2018, 08:48 AM   4
winterbabies3
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,903
I hope everything works out okay! Its horrible that nothing can be done til then! I'd be so upset. Big hugs!!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 5th, 2018, 09:30 AM   5
chellesama
Other
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 414
It could be a subchorionic hematoma - a pooling of blood under where the placenta is burrowing into the uterine lining.

That is happening now, and goes on to establish itself more and more firmly for a couple of weeks, so some light bleeding that is red isn't actually all that unusual now.

I've had this with three of my pregnancies - and this last one was heavy bleeding, with pea sized clots, and contractions (they weren't cramps, oh no, not with that gathering-building-peaking-fading pattern) and it was every few days for over a week. We're 22 weeks along now.

Hearing the good stories isn't going to stop you from worrying, and it doesn't mean it can't turn out poorly, but hang on to hope. Bleeding like you're describing is far more common than we're lead to believe.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 5th, 2018, 10:23 AM   6
taylorttc
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by chellesama View Post
It could be a subchorionic hematoma - a pooling of blood under where the placenta is burrowing into the uterine lining.

That is happening now, and goes on to establish itself more and more firmly for a couple of weeks, so some light bleeding that is red isn't actually all that unusual now.

I've had this with three of my pregnancies - and this last one was heavy bleeding, with pea sized clots, and contractions (they weren't cramps, oh no, not with that gathering-building-peaking-fading pattern) and it was every few days for over a week. We're 22 weeks along now.

Hearing the good stories isn't going to stop you from worrying, and it doesn't mean it can't turn out poorly, but hang on to hope. Bleeding like you're describing is far more common than we're lead to believe.
Thatís what the midwife said it could be.
Itís hard to stay positive but Iím trying.

Itís nice to hear the positive stories, I bet it must of been so scary to bleed like that , I mean my bleeding is lighter than my usual period I havenít seen any clots but sometimes I feel like they come out when Iím sat on the toilet, hoping for the best preparing for the worst.

When did your bleeding stop and how did they manage it for you?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 5th, 2018, 10:26 AM   7
taylorttc
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbabies3 View Post
I hope everything works out okay! Its horrible that nothing can be done til then! I'd be so upset. Big hugs!!!
I am very upset but Iím trying to stay positive about it all.

I notice youíve had losses yourself im sorry to hear that, Iíve had losses before my 2 healthy children and the bleeding was excessive and I was in agony with pain but this time nothing like that, with any of yours did you find it was manageable if that makes sense ?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 5th, 2018, 19:16 PM   8
winterbabies3
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorttc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbabies3 View Post
I hope everything works out okay! Its horrible that nothing can be done til then! I'd be so upset. Big hugs!!!
I am very upset but Iím trying to stay positive about it all.

I notice youíve had losses yourself im sorry to hear that, Iíve had losses before my 2 healthy children and the bleeding was excessive and I was in agony with pain but this time nothing like that, with any of yours did you find it was manageable if that makes sense ?
With my miscarriages i could definitely tell something was wrong. Cramping, lots of back pain and bleeding with lots of clots. None were painless. I think there is still hope for you!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 6th, 2018, 04:35 AM   9
taylorttc
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbabies3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorttc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbabies3 View Post
I hope everything works out okay! Its horrible that nothing can be done til then! I'd be so upset. Big hugs!!!
I am very upset but Iím trying to stay positive about it all.

I notice youíve had losses yourself im sorry to hear that, Iíve had losses before my 2 healthy children and the bleeding was excessive and I was in agony with pain but this time nothing like that, with any of yours did you find it was manageable if that makes sense ?
With my miscarriages i could definitely tell something was wrong. Cramping, lots of back pain and bleeding with lots of clots. None were painless. I think there is still hope for you!!
Im so sorry to hear that Hun. My bleeding is lighter than my usual period but still bright red fresh blood, no pains or cramps, no clots just literally bleeding. Although itís showing no signs of stopping at all.
I have my fingers and toes crossed. Thank you!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 6th, 2018, 07:28 AM   10
chellesama
Other
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 414
Quote:

Itís nice to hear the positive stories, I bet it must of been so scary to bleed like that , I mean my bleeding is lighter than my usual period I havenít seen any clots but sometimes I feel like they come out when Iím sat on the toilet, hoping for the best preparing for the worst.

When did your bleeding stop and how did they manage it for you?
Oh, I was sure I'd miscarried. Luckily, mine are IVF pregnancies so the offices are more than willing to scan in those cases and we saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks 2 days.

To stop the bleeding, I moved from crinone, a progesterone suppository, to progesterone in oil injections for a couple of weeks. I still bleed off and on, but never that fill-a-pad-in-an-hour pace again, and it stopped around 8 weeks. We could see the SCH in ultrasounds at 9 and 13 weeks, but it was being reabsorbed and shrinking.

Even knowing there's probably nothing to worry about, we worry. But here's a good place to talk about it!



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
advice , asap

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



SEO by vBSEO