Forum Rules


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 28th, 2018, 20:23 PM   1
loved2830
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 303

Baby #2 on Birth Control


Hi ladies,

I am back...DD just turned 2 July 14th and July 25th found out I am pregnant!

Super shocked as I take my pills religiously! My doc told my I would eventually stop getting periods since this BC only made me spot never had an actual flow.

When I missed my period I was like oh I am not getting periods anymore like she said but something told me it's not right. So I tested and immediate BFP!

I cried horribly. I didn't believe it, it was a blue dye. Took a FRER and another immediate BFP.

BC after 2yrs failed me!

This is so different. I dont feel pregnant. I have some cramping and a little fatigue but no nausea yet like with DD. I think I am 6w+1 today too.

Haven't told significant other as I am stressed and scared bc we didn't want another. Lord knows DD is a handful already.

Anyone else on baby #2 and dont feeling symptoms like in your 1st pregnancy?

Oh OB won't see me until Aug 21 when I am between 8-10wks. I will be around 9wks then.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 29th, 2018, 09:27 AM   2
love.peace
Other
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 660
Sending love. I would try to get seen early if you have any cramping on one side or bleeding. Falling pregnant increases your risk of an ectopic pregnancy which can be life threatening. I had one at Christmas and lost my baby and part of my left lube.

Fingers cross3d that doesn't happen.

On a positive just think you have 8 months to prepare. And wonderful to give your daughter a sibling. I believe everything happens for a reason. Sending love x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 29th, 2018, 13:25 PM   3
loved2830
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 303
Thank you for being positive

I dont have painful cramping, just the normal feelings of the uterus growing. No bleeding or spotting. I had a MC prior to DD so I definitely know what that feels like.

Doc won't see me early. They dont see pregnant patients until they are between 8-10 weeks. I will have to learn to be patient. Hopefully by the time my appointment comes, I will start to feel pregnant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love.peace View Post
Sending love. I would try to get seen early if you have any cramping on one side or bleeding. Falling pregnant increases your risk of an ectopic pregnancy which can be life threatening. I had one at Christmas and lost my baby and part of my left lube.

Fingers cross3d that doesn't happen.

On a positive just think you have 8 months to prepare. And wonderful to give your daughter a sibling. I believe everything happens for a reason. Sending love x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 1st, 2018, 01:21 AM   4
corgankidd
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sierra Nevadas, California
Posts: 1,765
I had a surprise pregnancy too and found out at 6 weeks, spent the whole day crying and stressed over having to tell my husband, as we were both deadset that our family was complete. He was not exactly thrilled with the news but we adjusted to it together. Its now been 6 weeks since we found out and we are both getting excited now. It will be hard in the beginning and you'll both be experiencing lots of emotions, but it does get better!
I have had absolutely no symptoms with this pregnancy except some tiredness. I can't even say how many times I've forgotten I'm pregnant because I don't feel it at all!
I just want to add, you will be so happy you gave your daughter a sibling! Watching my two together is the best thing ever. They love each other so much and I know they will always have each other's back for life. Their bond and relationship is truly something beautiful



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 1st, 2018, 09:46 AM   5
loved2830
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 303
Wow thank you corgankidd! I really needed to read your message! Did you get pregnant on birth control or was is NTNP and you got pregnant?

I cried hysterically and still in shock that I am pregnant! Like how can this be? I am trying to work the nerve to tell my sigother but am still too terrified.

Ok glad I am not the only one who doesn't feel pregnant! Last night and today I do feel nauseated but if I work out I feel totally normal that is until I stop! lol

Just last night my grandmother told me that DD was asking for a sibling since she was bending over on her head! I was like wow does my gma an daughter know!?!?!?

I will say now that I have known for a week, I feel better but still want to cry!

Hopefully we can be preggo buddies since we are so close in our pregnancies! Are you hoping for a boy or girl? I am hoping for another girl as sigother has a son from a previous marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgankidd View Post
I had a surprise pregnancy too and found out at 6 weeks, spent the whole day crying and stressed over having to tell my husband, as we were both deadset that our family was complete. He was not exactly thrilled with the news but we adjusted to it together. Its now been 6 weeks since we found out and we are both getting excited now. It will be hard in the beginning and you'll both be experiencing lots of emotions, but it does get better!
I have had absolutely no symptoms with this pregnancy except some tiredness. I can't even say how many times I've forgotten I'm pregnant because I don't feel it at all!
I just want to add, you will be so happy you gave your daughter a sibling! Watching my two together is the best thing ever. They love each other so much and I know they will always have each other's back for life. Their bond and relationship is truly something beautiful



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 1st, 2018, 16:55 PM   6
corgankidd
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sierra Nevadas, California
Posts: 1,765
We weren't using birth control, but had successfully used the pull out method for 11 years. It worked perfectly...until it didn't I probably cried most days for a month. Whenever I told another friend, it was always accompanied by tears and a pretty negative attitude. Even though I am coming to terms with it, I still can't get myself to look through a box of baby items my friend donated to me. I just can't believe I'm having to get baby stuff again and don't want to face any baby items yet, lol.
I'd love to be preggo buddies! When do you plan on telling your sigother? You can do it how I did it...called him on the phone crying saying I have really bad news when he gets home. He got home an hour later and I was crying in bed with the tests on the nightstand yelling "look at this bullshit!" Probably not the best way to break the news
I'm hoping for a girl cause I always wanted a sister growing up. I'm pretty positive its a boy though. Having my gender reveal on Saturday so I will know then!
That's crazy your daughter was just asking for a sibling, the universe has a way of making everything work out the way it should.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 2nd, 2018, 10:04 AM   7
loved2830
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 303
Oh wow. We did not even use the pull out with me on BC. I just thought it would not happen since I took my pills like clockwork!

I am trying to be positive but it is so hard. Whats so wild is that this time 2years ago before DD I was 6 weeks 3 days and today I am 6w+6! So I am literally pregnant the same time I had my first MC prior to DD! How bizarre!

I want to tell sigother but I know it will not go well. I am thinking to waiting until my first scan on Aug 21 but not sure I can hold on that long. I mean I like the way you told your husband but idk if I can call him and say that lol. I think I will use the bullshit bc this really is some bull!

DD has a brother and I think it would be cool for her to be a big sister! I know this can all be so exciting.

WOW gender reveal! I hope its an awesome gathering.

I will keep you posted on my lil bean and sigother. I am feeling the nausea come on strong so idk how I will continue to hide it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgankidd View Post
We weren't using birth control, but had successfully used the pull out method for 11 years. It worked perfectly...until it didn't I probably cried most days for a month. Whenever I told another friend, it was always accompanied by tears and a pretty negative attitude. Even though I am coming to terms with it, I still can't get myself to look through a box of baby items my friend donated to me. I just can't believe I'm having to get baby stuff again and don't want to face any baby items yet, lol.
I'd love to be preggo buddies! When do you plan on telling your sigother? You can do it how I did it...called him on the phone crying saying I have really bad news when he gets home. He got home an hour later and I was crying in bed with the tests on the nightstand yelling "look at this bullshit!" Probably not the best way to break the news
I'm hoping for a girl cause I always wanted a sister growing up. I'm pretty positive its a boy though. Having my gender reveal on Saturday so I will know then!
That's crazy your daughter was just asking for a sibling, the universe has a way of making everything work out the way it should.



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO