Forum Rules


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 18:23 PM   51
kellyfc
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: brantford ontario
Posts: 170
I've had this asked over the last couple weeks. I prefer "surprise" as ours was not planned. (although technically it was just a few years early haha).
I've had people ask if it was mistake and lately i just ignore the question. It may not have been planned, but I couldn't be happier and that's what matters. Its not like my fiance and I are 16 and living at home, we've been engaged for a year and just bought our first home, so at this point does it really matter???? nope. and are we happy? heck yes we are!!! so a "mistake", no. a "surprise" yes. but its no ones business but ours.

I think its just rude when people ask. especially when i think no child should ever be called a "mistake". People will say anything now a days



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 20:46 PM   52
waiting 4 bfp
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: pennsylvania
Posts: 633
try having your mother-in-law say... lets just hope your cancer is worse, and it caused a false positive. yeah...and then having her live with you too cuz shes 46 and totally fucking pathetic and cant even keep a place of her own and works at WALMART as a DOOR GREETER.... sry i know i went into a rant hahahah but i needed it lol



Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 21:17 PM   53
Mommaof2
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 70
This is why I am not excited to tell coworkers or some others. Our first two children are adopted and we get asked alot if we "want to have our own kids" and I always reply "these are my own kids". So I fully anticipate to get questions about that and if I think I will love them differently (which I have already got asked).



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 01:28 AM   54
SnowWhite90
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,429
Haha ...im dreading this question when im ready to tell people as im only 21!!!

Yes it was planned after i suffered a loss in may ...Made me really realise how ready i was to be a Mammy!!



Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 02:31 AM   55
Mrs_Grissom
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Small town in Lincolnshire.
Posts: 1,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyfc View Post
I've had this asked over the last couple weeks. I prefer "surprise" as ours was not planned. (although technically it was just a few years early haha).
I've had people ask if it was mistake and lately i just ignore the question. It may not have been planned, but I couldn't be happier and that's what matters. Its not like my fiance and I are 16 and living at home, we've been engaged for a year and just bought our first home, so at this point does it really matter???? nope. and are we happy? heck yes we are!!! so a "mistake", no. a "surprise" yes. but its no ones business but ours.

I think its just rude when people ask. especially when i think no child should ever be called a "mistake". People will say anything now a days
My mum was 16 when she got pregnant with me (I am constantly doing the "I was ... when she was my age" maths and she said to me when I was a teenager that even though I was an unexpected pregnancy I was never ever an unwanted baby and that's all that matters I came out alright



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 04:06 AM   56
MissIntrigue
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 257
I always say "well the sex was planned and it was fantastic, as was the news that we are having another baby thanks" THAT shuts them up QUICK LOL

My other favorite "why are you having another baby?" To which I reply "uhh because I am pregnant and that is the natural progression is it not?"

Yeah, I am a smart ass



Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 04:33 AM   57
MrsM17
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 729
ha ha some great ones here.

Ive had 'are you happy' from a nurse at the hospital, she said it with a pained experssion on her face like I was about 15 years old and I would burst into tears!!
I am 30 been married 2 years and together for 11 years!!!! I do look about 15 though haha

Also had 'is it yours?' from my best friend when I showed her the scan pic!!!!!!!! Followed by congratulations - you are still coming out for my birthday? yeah you can have a few drinks, never did me no harm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously!!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 04:35 AM   58
Mrs_Grissom
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Small town in Lincolnshire.
Posts: 1,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsM17 View Post
ha ha some great ones here.

Ive had 'are you happy' from a nurse at the hospital, she said it with a pained experssion on her face like I was about 15 years old and I would burst into tears!!
I am 30 been married 2 years and together for 11 years!!!! I do look about 15 though haha

Also had 'is it yours?' from my best friend when I showed her the scan pic!!!!!!!! Followed by congratulations - you are still coming out for my birthday? yeah you can have a few drinks, never did me no harm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously!!!
I don't look very old either, perhaps I'll get funny looks when I get fatter. I still get id'd every single time (apart from now as I'm not drinking of course lol)

I've been invited to a friend's 30th party with bouncy castle!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 02:16 AM   59
kellyfc
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: brantford ontario
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Grissom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyfc View Post
I've had this asked over the last couple weeks. I prefer "surprise" as ours was not planned. (although technically it was just a few years early haha).
I've had people ask if it was mistake and lately i just ignore the question. It may not have been planned, but I couldn't be happier and that's what matters. Its not like my fiance and I are 16 and living at home, we've been engaged for a year and just bought our first home, so at this point does it really matter???? nope. and are we happy? heck yes we are!!! so a "mistake", no. a "surprise" yes. but its no ones business but ours.

I think its just rude when people ask. especially when i think no child should ever be called a "mistake". People will say anything now a days
My mum was 16 when she got pregnant with me (I am constantly doing the "I was ... when she was my age" maths and she said to me when I was a teenager that even though I was an unexpected pregnancy I was never ever an unwanted baby and that's all that matters I came out alright
Oh for sure. I've grown up though with very strict parents (not to say yours were or werent). but it was always inbedded in my head not to sleep with someone until you're married and it was mainly my parents when we told them that we're kind of over reacting. I'm 24 now and he's 26, we're engaged with a house and some people still ask this question, and I think, "why does it matter if it was planned or not". Thankfully i've never had to experience going through this at such a young age, and Im sure it was tough for your mom. But things happen for a reason. And I think having a baby is a great reason for a "surprise".
I hope you didn't think I meant anything by my "16" comment. Just when people start harping on you and make you feel like a kid, it ends up being more of a comment and a way to get them off my back because they realize oh ya, she's kind of got it together actually.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 09:08 AM   60
Mrs_Grissom
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Small town in Lincolnshire.
Posts: 1,845
[QUOTE=kellyfc;11973203][QUOTE=Mrs_Grissom;11955888]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyfc View Post
Oh for sure. I've grown up though with very strict parents (not to say yours were or werent). but it was always inbedded in my head not to sleep with someone until you're married and it was mainly my parents when we told them that we're kind of over reacting. I'm 24 now and he's 26, we're engaged with a house and some people still ask this question, and I think, "why does it matter if it was planned or not". Thankfully i've never had to experience going through this at such a young age, and Im sure it was tough for your mom. But things happen for a reason. And I think having a baby is a great reason for a "surprise".
I hope you didn't think I meant anything by my "16" comment. Just when people start harping on you and make you feel like a kid, it ends up being more of a comment and a way to get them off my back because they realize oh ya, she's kind of got it together actually.
Not at all lol I look quite young for my age and I'm expecting the funny looks/comments from strangers a bit further down the line when I've got a big bump! I always planned to have a proper job and house and stuff before a baby so I'm happy I made the right choices and did it in the right order



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO