Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 13:09 PM   1
Heather13
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Colorado, US
Posts: 29

Miscarriage stats that might put your mind at ease...


I have been so worried about miscarrying that I finally did some research (I've been putting it off because I didn't really want to know what I would find), but I was happily surprised! Here it is:

"Among those women who know they are pregnant, the miscarriage rate is about 15-20%." [56] Clinical miscarriages (those occurring after the sixth week LMP) occur in 8% of pregnancies.[54]

The risk of miscarriage decreases sharply after the 10th week LMP, i.e. when the fetal stage begins.[57] The loss rate between 8.5 weeks LMP and birth is about two percent; loss is “virtually complete by the end of the embryonic period."

So after 6 weeks you have only an 8% chance of miscarriage! After 8.5 weeks it drops to a 2% chance. That made me feel sooooo much better! I hope it helps a few other ladies, too!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 13:12 PM   2
Carhar
AutoSignup (SAAB)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
Posts: 3,116
Thanks for sharing. I mc my first pregnancy at 4+3, so these stats make me feel loads better x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 13:13 PM   3
Chellxx
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: County Durham
Posts: 1,412
Wow when u put it like that it really puts your mind at rest, thanks for this thread



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 13:14 PM   4
Jslyn9996
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,122
Man im glad to read that! Thank you so much for sharing!!



Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 13:17 PM   5
Preggos
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 70
I also read that 75% of all miscarriages occur in weeks 1 and 2, before you even know you are pregnant, so Weeks 3 to 40 make up the other 25%...thats pretty good to know.

I am 5w+2 and so far so good...first doctors appt is tmr.



Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 13:20 PM   6
ke29
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Lincolnshire, UK
Posts: 3,358
Thats a relief!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 13:46 PM   7
momofone08
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,340
Thank you so much for this. I am terrified of my scan on Thursday. Scared literally to tears. You helpes ease my mind.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 13:48 PM   8
pinkcatgirl
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cheshire UK
Posts: 470
thanks



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 13:49 PM   9
daydreaming22
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 1,676
Thanks! I guess it helps but Ive been on the wrong side of the stats with a mc at 12 weeks. I wish I could stop worrying



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 14:06 PM   10
rebekah05
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania, US
Posts: 849
Everything I read has conflicting statistics. The American Pregnancy Association says after there is a heartbeat there is a 70-90% chance of carrying the baby full term which still shakes me up because I thought the numbers were better than that. I just don't know what to believe.



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
ease , mind , miscarriage , stats

featured articles


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO