Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 00:18 AM   1
edgybeautyx
On a break (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 447

sciatica nerve hurting??


I am 6 weeks 2 days this started earlier yesterday it's deep in my left lower back goes through my buttocks into knee omg it's so uncomfortable i can't sleep cause of it!! only thing that helps when i push on the nerve! is this normal why is it doing this? how do i take the pain away



Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 00:32 AM   2
Cata
AutoSignup (SAAB)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 787
I really had no idea but here's what I found:

Sciatica During Pregnancy What It Is
Shooting pain, tingling, or numbness that starts in the back or buttocks and radiates down the backs of your legs. Sciatica is most common in the third trimester of pregnancy.

Sciatica During Pregnancy What Causes It
At various times throughout your pregnancy, your expanding uterus might put pressure on the sciatic nerve in the lower part of your spine, which causes lower back pain during pregnancy (which often travels throughout the body). When the baby starts to shift into the proper birth position in the third trimester, it can rest directly on the nerve, causing a major pain in the butt (and back, and legs).

Sciatica During Pregnancy What You Need to Know
Sciatica can be constant or intermittent, depending on whether your baby changes positions. And you might not just experience this lower back pain during pregnancy it can also stick around for a little while after you've given birth.

Sciatica During Pregnancy What You Can Do About It
If you can, take a break. Getting off your feet can ease some of your leg and lower back pain during pregnancy.
Try a heating pad on the spot where you feel the pain, or take a warm bath.
To relieve the pressure on the nerve, do some pelvic tilts. Stretches or swimming can also take off some of the pressure.
Complementary and alternative therapy during pregnancy, such as acupuncture or therapeutic prenatal massage (always with a trained and licensed practitioner) might help.

I hope it you feel better soon



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 00:35 AM   3
edgybeautyx
On a break (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cata View Post
I really had no idea but here's what I found:

Sciatica During Pregnancy What It Is
Shooting pain, tingling, or numbness that starts in the back or buttocks and radiates down the backs of your legs. Sciatica is most common in the third trimester of pregnancy.

Sciatica During Pregnancy What Causes It
At various times throughout your pregnancy, your expanding uterus might put pressure on the sciatic nerve in the lower part of your spine, which causes lower back pain during pregnancy (which often travels throughout the body). When the baby starts to shift into the proper birth position in the third trimester, it can rest directly on the nerve, causing a major pain in the butt (and back, and legs).

Sciatica During Pregnancy What You Need to Know
Sciatica can be constant or intermittent, depending on whether your baby changes positions. And you might not just experience this lower back pain during pregnancy it can also stick around for a little while after you've given birth.

Sciatica During Pregnancy What You Can Do About It
If you can, take a break. Getting off your feet can ease some of your leg and lower back pain during pregnancy.
Try a heating pad on the spot where you feel the pain, or take a warm bath.
To relieve the pressure on the nerve, do some pelvic tilts. Stretches or swimming can also take off some of the pressure.
Complementary and alternative therapy during pregnancy, such as acupuncture or therapeutic prenatal massage (always with a trained and licensed practitioner) might help.

I hope it you feel better soon
I wonder is my tiny body is to blame? my joints are going through so much lol my poor hips have got wider! now this painful pinch nerve feeling in my corner lower back radiates down into my leg/knee hope it's gone tomorrow! i just cant sleep now cause of it



Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 03:04 AM   4
Glowbug
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,502
I posted this last week!

Mine I noticed around 6 weeks an has unfortunately gotten mega worse this week. Very common in pregnancy. ;( I've never heard of it " going away" though. I asked a few friends and they say it hurt the entire pregnancy. Yay!!!

Sorry you're in pain ;( right there with ya girl.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 03:06 AM   5
edgybeautyx
On a break (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowbug View Post
I posted this last week!

Mine I noticed around 6 weeks an has unfortunately gotten mega worse this week. Very common in pregnancy. ;( I've never heard of it " going away" though. I asked a few friends and they say it hurt the entire pregnancy. Yay!!!

Sorry you're in pain ;( right there with ya girl.
Oh no i was hoping you said but it fades soon! lol
UGH i think i rather have MS then this! it feels like a pinch nerve in my lower back is there any pain creams i can use that are safe?



Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 03:15 AM   6
Glowbug
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,502
Someone told me icy hot patches help. I think those are safe? I'm gonna get some if they are! Ouch. This sucks huh? Haha
Do your hips go numb at night?? Mine do! It's so hard to sleep
Morning sickness is finally fading though

Is this your first? It's my first!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 03:16 AM   7
Glowbug
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,502
Maybe you will be lucky and nOt get sick?
My morning ( all day sickness) started at 6wks 5 days!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 03:20 AM   8
edgybeautyx
On a break (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowbug View Post
Someone told me icy hot patches help. I think those are safe? I'm gonna get some if they are! Ouch. This sucks huh? Haha
Do your hips go numb at night?? Mine do! It's so hard to sleep
Morning sickness is finally fading though

Is this your first? It's my first!
My MS was worst at 5 weeks! now at 6 weeks i get my moments where i want to gag or become nausea but not to jinx think i'll be a late one for MS. not that i notice but they feel sore! i thought maybe i hit my hips lol but that was not the case. i have joint problems anyways so every bone/muscle in my body just killing me. especially my lower back -_- now that got me this week! i feel so unfit guess i'm going to be doing some yoga! and yes it does a lot i hate that pain because it is so uncomfortable :/

yes this is my 1st! how many weeks are you now? if they are i will be too lol!



Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 03:22 AM   9
bitethebullet
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,416
I'm in agony with this in the morning at the moment. I did a bit of reading though and apparently pelvic girdle pain can be misdiagnosed as sciatica and that this is actually more common in the first trimester. Pelvic floor exercises are supposed to help and you can be given some kind of support belt from your midwife?!!! I'm going to dp my exercises just in case!!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 03:24 AM   10
edgybeautyx
On a break (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitethebullet View Post
I'm in agony with this in the morning at the moment. I did a bit of reading though and apparently pelvic girdle pain can be misdiagnosed as sciatica and that this is actually more common in the first trimester. Pelvic floor exercises are supposed to help and you can be given some kind of support belt from your midwife?!!! I'm going to dp my exercises just in case!!!
Not sure which one it is lol but all i can say it makes my lower backache bad and feels like a pinch nerve deep low in my back radiates in my leg/butt. i hate it!



Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
hurting , nerve , sciatica

featured articles


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO