Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 4th, 2012, 16:44 PM   1
simplysweet
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 63

Can I eat spicy foods?


I've heard that you shouldn't eat spicy food when you're pregnant, but I really love buffalo wings and such. Is it okay for me to still eat it?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 4th, 2012, 16:50 PM   2
Bean66
Other
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 5,607
Never heard that you can't eat spices food. It's definitely safe.

Some ladies might not because of ms, bloating etc but no safety concerns.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 4th, 2012, 16:52 PM   3
simplysweet
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean66 View Post
Never heard that you can't eat spices food. It's definitely safe.

Some ladies might not because of ms, bloating etc but no safety concerns.
A friend of mine, who is a mother to two, said I should avoid spicy food because it might be too spicy for the baby. But I am REALLY craving spicy and I don't know if I can just not eat it lol



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 4th, 2012, 18:12 PM   4
Cata
AutoSignup (SAAB)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 787
i was told the same thing but about a week ago i was sitting thinking of all the things I crave and cannot eat: A big bloody steak, sunny side up eggs, ceviche (that's raw fish), sushi and beer lol those I've stayed away from because I know they are bad BUT spicy foods?? I didn't make it and did eat a big order of fiery hot hooter's buffalo wings Yummers!! doctor said it's ok too



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 4th, 2012, 18:13 PM   5
amjon
Other
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 7,230
If you don't eat it baby may not ever tolerate any spicy food. As long as it doesn't make you sick or give you heartburn it should be fine. Baby needs to get used to a variety of foods (plus they can't taste anything we eat until at least 2nd tri).



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 4th, 2012, 18:45 PM   6
chrissbe17
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 466
I am in 2nd tri now and I eat and have eaten spicy food everyday. It is fine!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 4th, 2012, 20:01 PM   7
AlwaysPraying
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,148
Eat it! Some people say that eating a variety of foods will help baby taste different foods. The only issue is it could cause tummy trouble for you even if your usually used to that kind of food. Our digestive systems slow down and change in early pregnancy (and t continues throughout) so spicy food can cause heartburn and diarrhea.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 7th, 2012, 00:42 AM   8
simplysweet
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cata View Post
i was told the same thing but about a week ago i was sitting thinking of all the things I crave and cannot eat: A big bloody steak, sunny side up eggs, ceviche (that's raw fish), sushi and beer lol those I've stayed away from because I know they are bad BUT spicy foods?? I didn't make it and did eat a big order of fiery hot hooter's buffalo wings Yummers!! doctor said it's ok too
I can't stand meat right now, and I am such a steak lover =[ and sushi as well!! so I def could not bear to give up buffalo wings either- hooter's sounds amazing right about now



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 7th, 2012, 00:43 AM   9
simplysweet
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjon View Post
If you don't eat it baby may not ever tolerate any spicy food. As long as it doesn't make you sick or give you heartburn it should be fine. Baby needs to get used to a variety of foods (plus they can't taste anything we eat until at least 2nd tri).
I didn't even think of it like that, that makes sense! thanks!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 7th, 2012, 00:55 AM   10
Cata
AutoSignup (SAAB)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysweet View Post

I can't stand meat right now, and I am such a steak lover =[ and sushi as well!! so I def could not bear to give up buffalo wings either- hooter's sounds amazing right about now
Wow, I've read about a lot of ladies experiencing this... they loved a food an then suddenly can't stand it because of the pregnancy.

Sometimes i wish I had food adversions I feel like a whale right now i will eat anything that stands on my way lol I think my dog is afraid of me now



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
eat , foods , spicy

featured articles


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO