Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 17:07 PM   2071
lady1985
Other
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Malta
Posts: 823
Girls... Um what is an NT scan? I could see my babies HB on a normal scan, so I guess at 12 weeks if its moving I will See it? Or not?

Sisterrose, good news on the scan. Hopefully just a little bleed, so glad to see ur little bean is happy. Try to focus on the positive xx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 17:47 PM   2072
MirandaH
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady1985 View Post
Girls... Um what is an NT scan? I could see my babies HB on a normal scan, so I guess at 12 weeks if its moving I will See it? Or not?

Sisterrose, good news on the scan. Hopefully just a little bleed, so glad to see ur little bean is happy. Try to focus on the positive xx
From what I understand, it is where they measure the nuchal fold (clear sspace at the back of baby's neck) and combine that with blood tests and then tell you your risk for Downs and Edwards Syndromes. Possibly a few other things. I think heart defects. Not sure. And then you can decide if you want further testing.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 17:53 PM   2073
MirandaH
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterRose View Post
Hope everyone is well.

I went for another scan today privately. Some of you *may* remember me saying about the last person who scanned me finding a bleed next to the gestational sac, but wrote that they couldnt see anything in it but today, as soon as she placed the probe on my lower tummy area you could see baby with it's heart beating away but she also noticed the black "bleed" patch straight away. I hadnt even mentioned it at this point. As soon as she started looking around it we could both see straight away that there was a grey/white area inside the black bleed and my first thought was "crap! they missed it, im having two!" but there wasn't a second heartbeat.

I told her they'd found a bleed last time and she measured it and I took my notes with the size the last person said that it was, and said it hasnt grown much/any since. But the last person wrote they didnt see any echoes inside. She said she could clearly see something inside of it, and I could too.

So she said it's either a bleed with a clot or something inside it or my pregnancy could well have started as a twin pregnancy and I lost one very early Im so sad right now as I kind of feel like this was a twin pregnancy. But who knows. The "thing" inside the black area looked so much like a tiny little bean. I dont really know how to feel about it, it could actually just be a bleed still

At least there's a little baby okay in there with a nice heartbeat

First is baby measuring bang on, the others are of the "bleed" and what you can see inside it.
I'm sorry they have you so upset. I think that I would tell myself that it was not a twin and just try to focus on the little one that is doing well and not stress if you can help it. I know this is easier said than done, but it does neither you or baby any good to stress if there is nothing that can be done about the "bleed."



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 19:27 PM   2074
Murmers0110
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 634
^^^^^what she said.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 21:50 PM   2075
ZombieKitten
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 1,197

Sorry I've been so quiet lately! I have been crazy busy and havent had a chance to get on BnB as much as I would like to! I'm still here though



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 08:46 AM   2076
momof1making2
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 481
Sister rose- I'm sure it was just a healthy bleed hun, not a twin or anything to worry about. I understand your "what if" thoughts and that has got to be hard but keep in mind that there is an amazing miracle growing inside of you , healthy as can be and that bean needs mommy to be happy and strong for their little growth process

Miranda- When is your wedding? How far along will you be? We are getting married July 20th and I THOUGHT I was going to be 5 months but low and behold ( I figured out the other day) I will actually be six, YIKES!!!!!! "We are in this part together girly "

Girlnboots- YAY ON NAMES!!!! HOW EXCITING!!! I always love unique names!

CIM- Well..... just started feeling those lovely "vag shocks" must be normal

sorry for long post

AFM:

Soooooo OH and I dtd last night and these progesterone suppositories dry me up ( they said they would... blah) so when OH was finished he noticed some chafing on his "member". I went pee shortly after and there was light spotting in my panty liner. I got so scared I didn't know if it was me or from him because he said he had a little bleeding but unfortunately I never got to see it on him. (TMI alert) I'm really bloated right now and OH has a little buddah belly.... he was on top and his belly was pushing into my belly and I had to stop a couple times to catch my breath because our stomachs were pushing into each other so much. Then with the spotting after I was thinking" OH NO could that pushing on my belly have started a MC, or am I reading to much into this)? EEK I don't know what to think, and of cource it's Saturday so I cant call my doctor . Also, Oh wont go down on me anymore , since I started the suppositories it grosses him out, but I always "clean up" first. It's not fair, he gets his cookie but I don't get mine UGH!!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 09:32 AM   2077
MirandaH
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof1making2 View Post
Sister rose- I'm sure it was just a healthy bleed hun, not a twin or anything to worry about. I understand your "what if" thoughts and that has got to be hard but keep in mind that there is an amazing miracle growing inside of you , healthy as can be and that bean needs mommy to be happy and strong for their little growth process

Miranda- When is your wedding? How far along will you be? We are getting married July 20th and I THOUGHT I was going to be 5 months but low and behold ( I figured out the other day) I will actually be six, YIKES!!!!!! "We are in this part together girly "

Girlnboots- YAY ON NAMES!!!! HOW EXCITING!!! I always love unique names!

CIM- Well..... just started feeling those lovely "vag shocks" must be normal

sorry for long post

AFM:

Soooooo OH and I dtd last night and these progesterone suppositories dry me up ( they said they would... blah) so when OH was finished he noticed some chafing on his "member". I went pee shortly after and there was light spotting in my panty liner. I got so scared I didn't know if it was me or from him because he said he had a little bleeding but unfortunately I never got to see it on him. (TMI alert) I'm really bloated right now and OH has a little buddah belly.... he was on top and his belly was pushing into my belly and I had to stop a couple times to catch my breath because our stomachs were pushing into each other so much. Then with the spotting after I was thinking" OH NO could that pushing on my belly have started a MC, or am I reading to much into this)? EEK I don't know what to think, and of cource it's Saturday so I cant call my doctor . Also, Oh wont go down on me anymore , since I started the suppositories it grosses him out, but I always "clean up" first. It's not fair, he gets his cookie but I don't get mine UGH!!!
We are getting married in 3 weeks!!! April 6th and I will be 12 + 1. We have been planning this wedding for ages, and I really didn't think that we would get pregnant when we did because we both had very busy schedules. I expected it to be a month later at the earliest, but things worked out a little faster than expected. I am just glad that I will only be 12 weeks because we are not telling anyone just yet. He has told some people he works with and his grandfather found out accidentally, but no one else knows, including my mother. She is going to have his head on a plate, lol.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 10:47 AM   2078
momof1making2
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 481
3 weeks, how exciting!!!! yay CONGRATULATIONS!! I'll be huge for mine lol lol



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 11:19 AM   2079
Jaymelynn
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by MirandaH View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymelynn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MirandaH View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalonKiki View Post
This is my first pregnancy, so I've never had a CVS. I don't plan to get one either because I am still in my early 20's and I have a very low risk pregnancy and there are no known defects on my side or DF's. A CVS is the better option than an amnio from what I hear. Apparently an amnio poses a higher risk to the baby than a CVS does. I think that a CVS should be fine, and it might be a wise decision in your case. If you're worried about your age or Edward's on your OH's side then a CVS is certainly not a bad idea. If nothing else it will give you the peace of mind that you need and deserve. I'll be hoping for good news and a successful CVS for you.
I am actually more worried about the Edwards on OH's side. He was only 20 when his son died. And they are also concerned that my father had a baby that died of Spina bifida. I have no idea if this test will let me know anything about that. I have MTHFR and don't process folates properly, but have been taking tons of folic acid since before we got pregnant. I have had three healthy children and I suppose I should be worried about my age, but the things that have already happened are what is worrying me and the test itself is really scary. I figure the CVS is best as well, and sooner. I am also (selfishly, I know) wondering how this is going to impact our wedding, which we have been planning for months and months. It is 3 days later.

Thank you!! I just hope we are doing the right thing.
Did you doctor offer you a Nuchal translucency scan? It is a non-invasive blood test and ultrasound that looks for chromosomal abnormalities. My doctor recommends having one. If those results come out as a high risk for chromosomal issues she recommends a CVS or amnio. I am also a high risk patient, I know how scary it is. Good luck!
I believe the way they have set the appointment up is that I go for my ultrasound first and then have the CVS done after, so I believe they are taking the measurements first and then we can decide. She really recommended we have it done because of the history and the fact that I am 37. But it is a super tight schedule because when we leave the appointment, we are also leaving the state for SC to go set up for our wedding. OH is from SC and we are getting married down there. We will be gone for two weeks, because we are going down there to set up first, get married on the 6th and then leave for our honeymoon. When we get back, I will be about 14 weeks, so I think they are trying to get it done before we go, so that it isn't too late when we get back and get in for an appointment. I honestly don't know what to expect. I didn't think that it was something that we would have to do immediately, but it took them until this week to even get me in for my first appointment. And thank you! I hope all is well with you and your little bean too!
Congrats on the wedding!! I can see how the time crunch is making scheduling all the tests difficult. These tests are so specific on when you can do them- it is limiting. At least you will know early on, so you can relax the rest of the pregnancy when you get those great results



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 13:14 PM   2080
KalonKiki
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 1,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof1making2 View Post
3 weeks, how exciting!!!! yay CONGRATULATIONS!! I'll be huge for mine lol lol
I'll be pretty big for mine too. We were supposed to get married in September, but we're having a small, private wedding in June instead. I hope that all of our wedding plans will work out okay.



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
2013 , lil , october , pumpkins

featured articles


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO