Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 09:07 AM   31
Lara310809
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gibraltar
Posts: 8,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHBH0930 View Post
For our reveal to my family (parents and sisters) I'm going to show them some of my latest "photography work" and show pictures I have taken with a onesie and baby booties. I know my mom will get it right away, my dad will be like..'um okay..why am I being shown pics of baby stuff??'.... the last pic I will show is this one, which SHOULD give it away =) It was so hard to find gender neutral booties!!
thats a lovely photo; are you a photographer? I used to do photography, but these days I only get to take pics of the kids when are you going to tell your family? We told early the previous two times, but we're seeing how this one goes (by that I mean how fast my belly grows, how obvious my MS is etc), and will then decide when to tell. I've been thinking about ways to tell though, but haven't settled on a way just yet.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 09:20 AM   32
Dainteej
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 32
hey guys checking in here i am so excited but still feels unreal to me and im scared at the same time.. my Due date is Dec 5th so I am app 6 weeks I still check my boobs everyday to see if they feel sore as my symptoms come and go which make me feel so nervous..plus i have had no MS..anyway congrats to all you ladies and hope we can take the full journey together!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 09:35 AM   33
DHBH0930
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 578
Quote:
thats a lovely photo; are you a photographer? I used to do photography, but these days I only get to take pics of the kids when are you going to tell your family? We told early the previous two times, but we're seeing how this one goes (by that I mean how fast my belly grows, how obvious my MS is etc), and will then decide when to tell. I've been thinking about ways to tell though, but haven't settled on a way just yet.
Thanks! Yes, I'm a photographer, just on the side. I teach elementary school full time. I can't wait to have babies to take pictures of I'm unsure now about when to tell my family... we were going to this Saturday. I see then every week and would have a hard time keeping it from them. Also my dad works out of state and isn't home often, he will be in town this weekend, which is why we were going to do it now. I would want their support if something were to happen, but at the same time I hate to celebrate and get EVERYBODY'S hopes up... still undecided...and running out of time to make up my mind, if I don't do it Saturday I'd have to wait till the middle of May and I don't think I can/want to do that....ugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dainteej View Post
hey guys checking in here i am so excited but still feels unreal to me and im scared at the same time.. my Due date is Dec 5th so I am app 6 weeks I still check my boobs everyday to see if they feel sore as my symptoms come and go which make me feel so nervous..plus i have had no MS..anyway congrats to all you ladies and hope we can take the full journey together!!
Welcome Dainteej, you have been added! I am just about in the same boat as you. No MS yet, THOUGHT by boobs were more tender yesterday, nothing dramatic, think it may have been my imagination trying to force myself to have symptoms!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 10:14 AM   34
nicky84
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Wales, UK
Posts: 174
Hi all,

Please can I be added my expected due date is 15th Dec



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 10:38 AM   35
Suzy_Q
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 374
I woke up with a new symptom... I can smell everything! Also, and this is gross so I apologize now, my hair always feels dirty these last few days and now I can smell my dirty hair! I do wash my hair, don't get me wrong, but it just feels dirty all the time now and apparently smells. Grrr, I STINK!



 
Status: Online
 
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 10:56 AM   36
Starry Night
Other
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,396
Pregnancy can be gross. You secrete all sorts of oozie things and gasses. LOL Most of my friends are big on thrift stores and are very vocal about buying brand new being a "waste" so keep pushing me into buying thrift stuff but the thought of buying maternity wear--especially pants--secondhand just seems so gross to me.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 11:01 AM   37
Mom2Hope
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 428
you know not everything smells stronger but certain things do now...like my dogs (even though they just had a bath and are clean) they still reek to me...I think they smell so bad...and they get all kinds of smell goody stuff put on them it just doesn't help...and normally I love the smell of wet grass...but yesterday after the rains the entire outdoors seemed to smell so strongly and bad to me...it made my nose hurt lol...

I found out yesterday I get to have a scan at my 8 week appointment (first appt. with the OB)...I'm excited but nervous too because like others have said I am worried that maybe something will happen and a MMC could be at hand...I try not to worry about it...but it is hard not to...I am really really hoping that scan shows good things I am just getting closer to 6 weeks now and haven't had any blood work or anything just a urine test at my gp to confirm with her that I had a BFP...so it is hard not to think that maybe symptoms are just in my head because I want it so bad and this is all just a dream that isn't real...it is sad...I want to be happy about it all the time and these thoughts make it so difficult...

atleast we can all share this crazy journey together that is a comfort...



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 11:40 AM   38
BabyHopeG
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 105
Hi DBH can u please add me, due date is 15th December until I get my date from my scan.

Got another blood test tonight to see if they are doubling. FX

Also an early scan booked for Tuesday, I'm very relaxed at the moment and just taking it all in my stride



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 14:51 PM   39
Lara310809
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gibraltar
Posts: 8,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHBH0930 View Post
Thanks! Yes, I'm a photographer, just on the side. I teach elementary school full time. I can't wait to have babies to take pictures of I'm unsure now about when to tell my family... we were going to this Saturday. I see then every week and would have a hard time keeping it from them. Also my dad works out of state and isn't home often, he will be in town this weekend, which is why we were going to do it now. I would want their support if something were to happen, but at the same time I hate to celebrate and get EVERYBODY'S hopes up... still undecided...and running out of time to make up my mind, if I don't do it Saturday I'd have to wait till the middle of May and I don't think I can/want to do that....ugh...
That's the reason we told early. Even if the worst happened, we would have told them anyway, and for us it would have been nicer to have that support around us at the time, instead of afterwards when we told them months later. We will definitely tell early; I just don't know how early. My parents live in the UK and I'm living abroad (where OH grew up). His family are here, but mine aren't. My dad is visiting in 2 weeks and it's nicer to tell the news in person (opposed to Skype), which is our only other option. I'm pretty certain we'll tell him when he's here, but as for everyone else, we're undecided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry Night View Post
Pregnancy can be gross. You secrete all sorts of oozie things and gasses. LOL Most of my friends are big on thrift stores and are very vocal about buying brand new being a "waste" so keep pushing me into buying thrift stuff but the thought of buying maternity wear--especially pants--secondhand just seems so gross to me.
LOL wait until you start considering buying used baby clothes. I never liked the idea of it, and of course everyone likes to buy new, but we've been given loads of old clothes from our friends who have kids, and many of them are in fantastic condition; babies grow so fast they'll wear some outfits only a couple of times.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 17:15 PM   40
DHBH0930
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky84 View Post
Hi all,

Please can I be added my expected due date is 15th Dec
Hi Nicky! You have been added

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyHopeG View Post
Hi DBH can u please add me, due date is 15th December until I get my date from my scan.

Got another blood test tonight to see if they are doubling. FX

Also an early scan booked for Tuesday, I'm very relaxed at the moment and just taking it all in my stride
Hi BabyHopeG, I have added you. That's awesome hope your results are great! Keep us posted! I wish I was relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara310809 View Post
That's the reason we told early. Even if the worst happened, we would have told them anyway, and for us it would have been nicer to have that support around us at the time, instead of afterwards when we told them months later. We will definitely tell early; I just don't know how early. My parents live in the UK and I'm living abroad (where OH grew up). His family are here, but mine aren't. My dad is visiting in 2 weeks and it's nicer to tell the news in person (opposed to Skype), which is our only other option. I'm pretty certain we'll tell him when he's here, but as for everyone else, we're undecided.
I have decided that we are telling right away, this Saturday. I will want all their support, we will all be together and I keeping it a secret would be too hard



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
2013 , december , presents

featured articles


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO