Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 01:47 AM   31
Cloe
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by danni1989 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloe View Post
I was about to tell my parents half an hour ago. My mom picked up and she said my grandma was on the other line ( I had told my grandmother this morning and made her promise not to tell anything to my parents). So my mom lets go of the hold button and the first thing I see is her screaming and crying saying "I can't deal with this right now, oh no oh no, I can't do this. Well, there we go my parents do not seem to be to happy about becoming grandparents the second time around. They weren't so thrilled the first time either. I should have know how this would play out, but what can I say I am an optimist and I really thought they would be happy for us.

I am very very sad, but I can't change them. If that is the way they want to deal with this situation it is up to them.

I was really hoping for a happy reaction this time around and it is much needed on my end. What can I say.... I am crushed and really sad, but luckily the rest of my husbands family is very happy and excited for us.

I am really happy for all you ladies though who received heartfelt wishes and congratulations from your family!
So sorry to hear how their reactions where. Your a grown woman they are bound to be grandparents and sometime...im glad my mother didn't respond like that...I would have broke down..but I hope all ends well and I hope your mother apologizes to you or at least accepts the.idea eventuAlly
Thank you so much for reply!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 11:52 AM   32
Literati_Love
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,642
Wow, so sorry Cloe that you parents had such a negative reaction. That must have been so hurtful!
I am worried about my dad's reaction as he tends to be quite negative about anything new.
We were going to tell my parents today but last night I had some mild twinges/stabbing pains on one side of my lower abdomen and this morning I noticed some light pink discharge so I am very worried I am miscarrying or have an ectopic pregnancy. I still want to tell then because my mom is a nurse and I want to ask her about it but I will feel bad getting their hopes up if I am about to lose the baby. So scared right now but I know pink discharge *can* be a normal sign so I am trying to stay calm and I will call my dr about it first thing tomorrow morning. Please pray!



 
Status: Online
 
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 14:48 PM   33
AmberCali4nia
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 89
A little background on me. Me and my BF had an unplanned pregnancy in Feb of this year. Shocked but excited, our families prepared for their first grandchild (on both sides). During my 8 week US, I heard the most beautiful heartbeat ever, 167 bpm. I also learned that I had a heart shaped uterus. Bicornuate. Our baby was in the left uterus. I was told light spotting would be normal as the right uterus was contracting too. One week later the spotting became heavier, but only slightly. I went in to double check and a different US technician said "well, do you want to know or should I tell the doctor first?" Err...what? She said "no heartbeat. i'm sorry." That was March 26th. I didn't even wait to see the doc. I just got up, grabbed my bag and walked the 2 minutes to my car where I lost any bit of control I had and cried like I was 5 years old. I don't wish that on my worst enemy..
Anyway, my D&C was 5 days later and now I'm pregnant again. We are not as excited as we should be, understandably. It's sad actually. We keep saying things like "we'll need this and that if this baby makes it". Also, we're not telling anyone and that's been very hard for me as all of my family and support is in Alabama and I feel like I''m keeping a secret. But I don't want to take them on that horrible ride again. That sucked for everybody...

With that said, I'm very hesitant to have my first US. I want to stay pregnant in my mind for as long as possible. I know that sounds insane, but I feel like if they can't tell me bad news, then there is no bad news.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 15:09 PM   34
danni1989
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberCali4nia View Post
A little background on me. Me and my BF had an unplanned pregnancy in Feb of this year. Shocked but excited, our families prepared for their first grandchild (on both sides). During my 8 week US, I heard the most beautiful heartbeat ever, 167 bpm. I also learned that I had a heart shaped uterus. Bicornuate. Our baby was in the left uterus. I was told light spotting would be normal as the right uterus was contracting too. One week later the spotting became heavier, but only slightly. I went in to double check and a different US technician said "well, do you want to know or should I tell the doctor first?" Err...what? She said "no heartbeat. i'm sorry." That was March 26th. I didn't even wait to see the doc. I just got up, grabbed my bag and walked the 2 minutes to my car where I lost any bit of control I had and cried like I was 5 years old. I don't wish that on my worst enemy..
Anyway, my D&C was 5 days later and now I'm pregnant again. We are not as excited as we should be, understandably. It's sad actually. We keep saying things like "we'll need this and that if this baby makes it". Also, we're not telling anyone and that's been very hard for me as all of my family and support is in Alabama and I feel like I''m keeping a secret. But I don't want to take them on that horrible ride again. That sucked for everybody...

With that said, I'm very hesitant to have my first US. I want to stay pregnant in my mind for as long as possible. I know that sounds insane, but I feel like if they can't tell me bad news, then there is no bad news.
I feel the same exact way that you do because yes i had my ectopic in may and here i am again pregnat and i go on thursday for my 6 week scan and i'm going half crazy just sitting here wondering and hoping and praying baby is in the right spot and the closer i get to the day i'm more nervous and its almost like i want to change my mind on going to doctor becasue i'm scared of the outcome and what they will tell me but i know its for the best...i'm praying that me and my love walk in there and here our lil ones heart beating healthy and in the right spot.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 15:41 PM   35
Cloe
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Literati_Love View Post
Wow, so sorry Cloe that you parents had such a negative reaction. That must have been so hurtful!
I am worried about my dad's reaction as he tends to be quite negative about anything new.
We were going to tell my parents today but last night I had some mild twinges/stabbing pains on one side of my lower abdomen and this morning I noticed some light pink discharge so I am very worried I am miscarrying or have an ectopic pregnancy. I still want to tell then because my mom is a nurse and I want to ask her about it but I will feel bad getting their hopes up if I am about to lose the baby. So scared right now but I know pink discharge *can* be a normal sign so I am trying to stay calm and I will call my dr about it first thing tomorrow morning. Please pray!
Thank you for your reply! I am feeling rather down today and I haven't even heard anything from my parents in regards to our pregnancy. I was hoping for an apology from my mom, but nothing so far.

In regards to your spotting, please try to stay calm and I hope everything goes well.

Please let me know how things turn out in the coming weeks please.

Big hugs!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 20:08 PM   36
Literati_Love
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,642
Wow, so sorry about your previous loss, Ambercali4nia. I can't imagine how hard that would be and I could definitely understand why you are a lot more cautious this time around and aren't as happy as you could be. Even without a previous loss, I am terrified of this baby not making it, especially after what happened last night/ this morning.

Danni1989, I am still hoping and praying you don't have an ectopic! I can see how you are slightly dreading your dr's appointment. So scary!

Cloe,sorry you are feeling so down. That is too bad your mom hasn't even apologized. I am sure after they warm up to the idea they will be very happy... but it's not fair to you that they aren't giving you the support and happiness you need!
I will try to stay calm and will definitely tell you how everything turns out. =/ I had no idea pregnancy would be so scary.



 
Status: Online
 
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 21:28 PM   37
AmberCali4nia
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Literati_Love View Post
Wow, so sorry about your previous loss, Ambercali4nia. I can't imagine how hard that would be and I could definitely understand why you are a lot more cautious this time around and aren't as happy as you could be. Even without a previous loss, I am terrified of this baby not making it, especially after what happened last night/ this morning.

Danni1989, I am still hoping and praying you don't have an ectopic! I can see how you are slightly dreading your dr's appointment. So scary!

Cloe,sorry you are feeling so down. That is too bad your mom hasn't even apologized. I am sure after they warm up to the idea they will be very happy... but it's not fair to you that they aren't giving you the support and happiness you need!
I will try to stay calm and will definitely tell you how everything turns out. =/ I had no idea pregnancy would be so scary.
Well ladies, looks like this a great group for support. Seems we all need an extra pinch of TLC. You're all in my thoughts. Everything has its way of working out...



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 21:42 PM   38
AmberCali4nia
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloe View Post
I was about to tell my parents half an hour ago. My mom picked up and she said my grandma was on the other line ( I had told my grandmother this morning and made her promise not to tell anything to my parents). So my mom lets go of the hold button and the first thing I see is her screaming and crying saying "I can't deal with this right now, oh no oh no, I can't do this. Well, there we go my parents do not seem to be to happy about becoming grandparents the second time around. They weren't so thrilled the first time either. I should have know how this would play out, but what can I say I am an optimist and I really thought they would be happy for us.

I am very very sad, but I can't change them. If that is the way they want to deal with this situation it is up to them.

I was really hoping for a happy reaction this time around and it is much needed on my end. What can I say.... I am crushed and really sad, but luckily the rest of my husbands family is very happy and excited for us.

I am really happy for all you ladies though who received heartfelt wishes and congratulations from your family!
Keep your head up!!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 00:53 AM   39
Literati_Love
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,642
Yes! I am so glad we have such a supportive group here! I am very glad I met you all. =)

We told my parents tonight and they had very positive reactions. My mom was very excited and wanted to hear all about it. My dad was so surprised and so thrilled. Neither of my parents are usually very enthusiastic so I know that the enthusiasm they showed means they really are very happy! I am relieved by their reactions, but I almost feel a bit guilty getting their hopes up if something bad is going to happen to the baby. I would hate to crush their hopes. Hopefully nothing goes wrong...This first trimester is going to feel very long, I think.



 
Status: Online
 
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 11:17 AM   40
mangotango
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 384
Chloe...
I am so sorry for what you are going through and how it must feel. I guess I don't know the "background" of your parents, and I'm sure you've thought this too, but...it's YOUR big event, not your parents. It's not something they have to "deal with" or "can't deal with this right now". It's your precious baby that YOU want and I'm sure you love already. It's so odd, it's like as if it's HER that is pregnant and can't deal and doesn't want it. I can't imagine not receiving that support. I know though, YOU will be the awesome-est mom to him or her. I hope you have other people in your life that are supportive and excited for you, you deserve it and deserve nothing but happiness! Don't let this knock you down, let it fuel you to love stronger!



Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
2013 , bfps , buddies , mangotango , march , tww

featured articles


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO