Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 12:16 PM   1
chattyB
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

NT Scan 3.5mm

I'm really looking for some advice/experiences etc.

I was told today that baby had 3.5mm fluid build up behind his/her neck indicating a higher risk of a trisomy/chromosome/genetic defect. The sonographer said a 1:5 chance based on the scan alone but that may change when the blood really a come back in a few weeks. I'm devastated and praying that my baby is healthy.

Does anyone have any positive experiences/any experiences of a high risk nuchal scan? Thanks

Old Jul 1st, 2012, 12:13 PM   2
sue2012
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Hey hun waiting for my results so cant really give you a answer to your question but just wanted to send you lots of cuddles xx

Old Jul 1st, 2012, 12:59 PM   3
oorweeistyin
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I haven't any experience in this either but I just want to send some love and to say that I'm thinking of you and hoping that everything will be ok.

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 15:36 PM   4
chattyB
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Thank you for your kind words. We've organised a CVS for this coming Friday and will hopefully have our initial results on the Monday/Tuesday following. I have everything crossed that baby is fine but hubby and I are "need to know" people .... I would make myself sick with worry if I waited for months to know.

Thinking of you too Sue - I wouldn't wish this wait on anyone. I have everything crossed that your results are fine xx

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 15:51 PM   5
Seity
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Elite

Good luck with the CVS.
Are you going to have them tell you the gender?

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 16:03 PM   6
chattyB
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Thanks Seity, yes I think we'll find out if we're having a pink or blue . I wasn't bothered either way but hubby would like to know. I'm hoping it will help me bond more with bump, it's as if I've been too scared to bond with him/her due to all of this hanging over us . I'm so nervous about the CVS but I'll be far more nervous without knowing!

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 16:14 PM   7
Seity
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Elite

Try to think of the positive. I do remember a lady on here when I was pregnant with my son who was given 1 in 5 odds. I believe she didn't have further testing, but when the baby came they were one of the lucky 4 and her baby was fine. You just never know sometimes.

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 16:45 PM   8
oldmamamia
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

charlies was 3.9 at my scan which i was worried about but with bloods it took me down to a 1: 135 chance, the sonographer said that just being aged 40 gave me a 1: 150 chance before id even walked in the room! i decided against any other testing, id fallen in love with him and nature had already decided the outcome and i wanted him no matter what lay ahead but i do understand people needing to know and being prepared to make certain descisions my friend was given 1:6 odds and her baby was born healthy. hope everything goes ok for you x

Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 13:05 PM   9
sue2012
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Aww chattyb just have faith because thats all iv got at the momemt while waiting for blood results to come back hope everything works out for both of us lots of hugs xxxx

Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 13:14 PM   10
sue2012
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmamamia View Post
charlies was 3.9 at my scan which i was worried about but with bloods it took me down to a 1: 135 chance, the sonographer said that just being aged 40 gave me a 1: 150 chance before id even walked in the room! i decided against any other testing, id fallen in love with him and nature had already decided the outcome and i wanted him no matter what lay ahead but i do understand people needing to know and being prepared to make certain descisions my friend was given 1:6 odds and her baby was born healthy. hope everything goes ok for you x
Thats given alot of us ladies hope thankyou so much for sharing oldmamamia xx