LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 19:13 PM   1
Hope3
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Any pregnant 40+ ladies with PCOS?

Hi

We've been ttc #1 for almost a year. Recently found out I've got polycystic ovaries. I'm not sure what to think. When I had a scan last year I was told that my ovaries were fine and now they're not.

I won't know the results of my LH & FSH blood test for a few days yet confirming if I've got PCOS or not. My first referral appointment is in 2 weeks.

Any success stories for 40+ women who have PCOS? I'm 42 years old.

I've been through the depressed 'it's not fair phase' (to add insult to injury my partner found out he's got low sperm motility). I need to hear that there is hope so that I can stay positive.

Old Oct 17th, 2012, 20:13 PM   2
TJ.Schellman
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB member

41 years old now and just started 2nd trimester after YEARS of trying. doc started treating me for PCOS without the testing, she said it was obvious given the symptoms. She put me on metformen (the med comes with a warning of increased fertility), I was pregnant within 2 months, lost it; pregnant again few months later, lost it. Took a break, pregnant again, and doing better this time. Metformen was our miracle, but you have to stay on it for first trimester or miscarriage rates will remain very high. Good luck.

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 20:47 PM   3
AdamsMommy228
Mum (Mom)
New BnB member

I am 41 and I just had my son 4 months ago. It was odd, I had been on birth control for a few years to regulate my period.. I got off them and I started ovulating. I got pregnant, had a miscarriage in January and was pregnant again in June and had a pretty easy pregnancy, he is healthy and very happy. I am not sure why I started ovulating all of a sudden but very happy with the outcome!