LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 10:59 AM   1
star4marie
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

i chose to see genetic counselers

Had my 2nd prenatal visit today-I was scared at first because the dr couldnt pick up a heart beat-however, he sent me to have a sono done-and all is perfect! baby has a heartbeat of 162 so happy!

the dr also asked me if I wanted to be seen my genetic counselers. I chose to go ahead and do it. he did say i really didnt have to since im just now 35-but I guess I just want to do it for peace of mind-well, maybe. I heard that they give info and risk numbers that are pretty nerve wrecking.

I am hoping that all goes well--and that i dont have anxiety attacks over the results Lol

Old Dec 6th, 2012, 18:11 PM   2
MrsJP
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I'm 36 and just had my genetic counseling appointment today. It was hard waiting for the doctor to come back with the nuchal translucency results, but he said everything looked great so that was a relief. We opted for some blood tests too, just to be sure. The office I went to is really modern, they don't do the risk numbers or anything anymore, it's just the nuchal translucency and how that looks and then a blood test that sequences the baby's chromosomes in your blood and is ~99% accurate with a yes/no answer for each chromsomal problem.

Old Dec 7th, 2012, 08:26 AM   3
star4marie
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

soooo happy your tests are coming out good!!!!
about how long did it take for the results to come back?
could they tell the baby's gender??

Old Dec 7th, 2012, 11:53 AM   4
MrsJP
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

They said it takes about a week, and will report the gender too. So hopefully this time next week we will have good news and know if it's a boy or a girl!

Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:38 PM   5
star4marie
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

how exciting!!
and good luck to you!!