LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 11:08 AM   1
44npregnant
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

How are all the older Mama's doing?

There doesn't seem to be too much action in this forum. I just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing on their journey.

I'm going to start my 2nd trimester soon, so I'm excited about that and almost believing that I'm pregnant finally!

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 16:54 PM   2
blessedmomma
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I am good hun! how are you?? according to bnb I am almost 2nd tri too. of course I use 3 books for my pregnancies and 2 of them say I turned 2nd tri at 13 weeks. the other one says 12 weeks.

my morning sickness is getting less and less and energy is improving ever so slightly.

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 17:09 PM   3
44npregnant
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmomma View Post
I am good hun! how are you?? according to bnb I am almost 2nd tri too. of course I use 3 books for my pregnancies and 2 of them say I turned 2nd tri at 13 weeks. the other one says 12 weeks.

my morning sickness is getting less and less and energy is improving ever so slightly.

That's good to hear. I want to start shopping! I need some energy!

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 17:37 PM   4
blessedmomma
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I could def use a lot more energy lol! I finally have enough to get out of bed and get dressed within an hour without breaks in between. would be very nice to go shopping!!!

Old Sep 10th, 2013, 11:59 AM   5
TicToc
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I couldn't wait to start showing. It seemed like it would take ages, and now all of a sudden I am showing and I feel like time is just flying by. I used to feel like I was researching everything prematurely, now I feel like I haven't researched enough for where I am.

I am starting to get more hormonal and more easily tired out. I am nesting and trying not to stress out about finances and just enjoy this time since it will be my last pregnancy. I am simultaneously giddy and frazzled. I think I might be driving DH insane.

Old Sep 10th, 2013, 13:57 PM   6
blessedmomma
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I spoke too soon. didn't sleep at all last night so very exhausted. and woke up very very sick today

Old Sep 11th, 2013, 01:03 AM   7
Mahas
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Largely fine but then there are bouts of nausea... Mostly I am at a loss at what to eat!! My gct was 154 and so I've been ordered off sweets including fruits... I try to take salads but they r not as filling... Somehow I just don't want to eat anything despite being hungry but I'm also pretty concerned my babies will not get the required nutrition... Any advice?

Old Sep 11th, 2013, 02:00 AM   8
vermeil
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member

Hello! I'm almost at the end of the second trimester. So far this part has been uneventful, I even forget I'm pregnant at times, until a good kick reminds me

I'm followed very closely because my first was a micro preemie but so far, so good

Old Sep 11th, 2013, 16:16 PM   9
TicToc
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I had to give up all grains for medical reasons and am allergic to many fruits so all I eat are mostly veggies and meat, mostly in the form of salads. When I first made the transition i thought I was starving to death but the trick to feeling full for me was to get plenty of meat and fats, so I use a lot of olive oil, eat sugar-less peanut butter, and eat more meat then I used to.

Good luck!

Old Sep 11th, 2013, 16:23 PM   10
44npregnant
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahas View Post
Largely fine but then there are bouts of nausea... Mostly I am at a loss at what to eat!! My gct was 154 and so I've been ordered off sweets including fruits... I try to take salads but they r not as filling... Somehow I just don't want to eat anything despite being hungry but I'm also pretty concerned my babies will not get the required nutrition... Any advice?
No fruits? Oh my. I wish I had some advice. I know I need to eat better but I'm still trying to get over this m/s!