LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 11th, 2014, 09:21 AM   11
gingmg
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Breaking- awesome news! Its crazy isn't it?! So happy for you. I can't believe your bean is a raspberry already. Its going by sooo fast.

Old May 11th, 2014, 12:46 PM   12
Jazzbird
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Yay Breaking! So, so happy for you! Hope you can start to relax a bit more now.

Happy Sunday to everyone :-)

Old May 11th, 2014, 20:44 PM   13
melly2
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Great news, Breaking!

Old May 12th, 2014, 12:27 PM   14
melly2
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I'm having some spotting today; this is making me now worried. It hasn't turned into a heavy flow or anything, but it is bright red. It appears to have stopped for now, but was curious if anyone had spotting?

Old May 12th, 2014, 13:59 PM   15
gingmg
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I have not but have seen many women in the first trimester boards talk about spotting and for a lot of them it didn't mean anything. Do you have bad cramps? Have you had sex recently? I know it must be scary but spotting alone doesn't necessarily mean anything bad. Did you call your clinic just to see what they say?

Old May 12th, 2014, 15:13 PM   16
melly2
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I did call my RE and waiting to hear back from them. I have very minor cramping, but nothing horrible. I did have sex Saturday night, but seems like that would've been too long ago to just now have spotting. I do have a raging headache today so I'm hoping that it's just hormones.

Old May 12th, 2014, 16:02 PM   17
gingmg
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I wouldn't think today is too far off from sat to have some spotting from sex. Your cervix is extra sensitive and vascular during pregnancy, so maybe that's it. Hormones could be another culprit. My nurse had told me that I may spot and it's ok as long as it's not heavy or accompanied with strong cramps. I've had mild cramps too from the beginning, so I think that's just your uterus growing/stretching. Stay strong, you can do this.

Old May 12th, 2014, 16:08 PM   18
melly2
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Thanks, ging. I just heard back from my RE. They're not too concerned unless it becomes heavy. It's really just there when I wipe now, and it's more brownish in color. From what I read, that's normal.

Oh yay...the joys and stress of pregnancy. Only 34 more weeks to go. ;-)

Old May 12th, 2014, 17:26 PM   19
gingmg
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Melly- lol- yes I think we just signed up for a lifetime of worries.

Old May 12th, 2014, 20:20 PM   20
tryfor2
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Hi ladies, so nice to see you here! I admit I stalked your acupuncture thread a bit in TTC 35+ so I recognize some of your usernames. Is that weird?! Congratulations on your BFPs! I know they were very hard fought for some of you. It breaks my heart to hear/read about difficulty conceiving/infertility at any age, but especially at 35+ because I imagine people start to see their "window" closing and start to panic a bit. But you're here and it must feel that much more exciting!

I'm 2/3 of the way through pregnancy no.2 (both healthy and post-35--we don't all have to be 22 to have normal pregnancies and healthy babies! [Not that there's anything wrong with having babies young, of course]). I don't know about you guys, but I was harbouring a huge amount of fear and anxiety the first time around. Honestly, even though I conceived my first at 35.5, I don't think I was ready. This time I'm a lot more relaxed and less bitter about the less-than-lovely symptoms since I know just how fantabulous the end result is. Just you wait--I get excited just contemplating someone getting to experience it for the first time…. Becoming a mother is like being hit by a Mack truck of love. It's shocking and awe-inspiring (okay, maybe the truck thing isn't the best comparison…). Simply amazing--you'll see.

I'll stop my blather. Welcome to all of you. Sorry to gate crash--I was just so happy to see you here!