LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 7th, 2014, 01:00 AM   1
gingmg
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Accupuncture ladies-from TTC to BFP

Hi Ladies- I wanted to start this thread so we have a place to stay connected and can talk openly about our pregnancies. We have all been through alot together and I would love to stay in touch, I just don't think it's fair to post the details in the TTC accupuncture thread while others are still TTC. We have all been there and know it's hard. I KNOW that everyone else will join us in time. How is everyone doing?

Others welcome as well.

Old May 7th, 2014, 04:24 AM   2
Jazzbird
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Great idea Ging!

Hope you and your blue bundle are cooking along nicely. Are you excited about being team blue? Have you thought of names yet?

Old May 7th, 2014, 11:08 AM   3
melly2
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I'm here, too! ;-) Hope everyone is doing well. Feeling a bit sick today, but haven't thrown up yet, so I guess that's a win.

Old May 7th, 2014, 14:29 PM   4
gingmg
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Melly- Hope the nausea doesn't get too bad for you. I had a relatively easy first trimester. I got nauseous at times but never threw up and it was very mild compared to others (Jazzbird). I hope it doesn't get too bad. How many weeks are you now? When is your first scan?

Jazzbird- I am very excited about team blue. I would have been happy of coarse either way, but a boy is secretly what we both wanted. His name has been Jack since before we even conceived him. Am I technically in the second trimester now?

I am starting to feel more relaxed than I have in a very very very long time. It's heavenly. To finally be done with the hormones is wonderful and I was an emotional basketcase for the first many weeks, so it's nice to be moving on from that. It's already obvious I'm pregnant. It's probably all bloat, but it looks like a bump and everyone at work stares at my belly. It's okay though, I'm starting to come out.

Old May 7th, 2014, 15:32 PM   5
melly2
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Ging: Yay! You're having a boy! That's great news! Yay, team blue! I think you are now in the second trimester, no?

I can not wait to be off the hormones, both progesterone oil and estrace.

Jazz: Are you exhausted now in the first trimester? My friend warned me that she had extreme fatigue starting at 6 weeks, and I do feel like I'm starting to get more tired and worn out. Are you still getting sick?

I guess I'm still only 5 weeks. Still in the "honeymoon" phase before fatigue sets in.

Old May 7th, 2014, 22:00 PM   6
Breaking Dawn
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Hello ladies....sorry for being MIA. I've been on a course for work and it's drained every ounce of what energy I have left.

Hope everyone is dong well....I hope to catchup with all of you on Friday. (Vacation day)

Our first ultrasound is on Friday and I'm sooooo nervous..I will be 7w+5.

Old May 8th, 2014, 03:05 AM   7
Jazzbird
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

So lovely to read all the progress!

Ging - think you are now in 2nd tri - each tri is 13 weeks. It's a nice feeling to move out of the risky tri. Jack is such a cute name and I was just thinking the other day how cute some of the boys clothes are. Not long til you feel the baby move. I started to feel muscle twitches around 18 weeks but some people feel earlier and later. I guess you can hear the heartbeat now with a doppler? I found that useful to reassure me in between scans.

Melly - my morning sickness started around week 7. I'm now 26 weeks and a few days so technically in 3rd tri. I did feel tired initially but it was because I had 24 hour nausea which developed into vomiting in my 8th week. So I didn't have a full nights sleep at all through first and a lot of second tri. It was really really rough - and I spent many days in my onesie between my bed and bathroom! But most people don't get it that bad. It eased off after 1st trimester but stopped completely around week 22-24. I'm so happy to be able to eat again!

Breaking - thinking of you tmrw. It's such a nerve wracking time but each day that passes is a good sign. I remember going crazy with worry in first tri and had to wait 12 weeks for the scan. I convinced myself it was just wind!

Afm - decorating the nursery now and buying all the stuff (pram, car seat, cot etc). It's exciting but so expensive! I also start my birthing classes in a couple of weeks. Not looking forwards to getting my breasts out for the feeding class which apparently has dolls with open mouths! Eughhhh!

Old May 8th, 2014, 12:30 PM   8
gingmg
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Breaking- Good luck tomorrow. Will be thinking about you.

Old May 9th, 2014, 09:52 AM   9
melly2
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Good luck, Breaking!

Old May 11th, 2014, 09:01 AM   10
Breaking Dawn
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Thanks ladies!

Ultrasound was so amazing. We saw our little bean...healthy baby with a strong heartbeat.

We get to go back for another ultrasound at 9 wks.