Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 25th, 2018, 22:51 PM   111
JJordaan
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

So true! At least my body is happy to start. Well done on your weight loss too! Ill confirm with ob on Friday if i can get back into gym, then i at least feel as if im doing something constructive about keeping weight controlled. Heres to happy healthy bubs!

Old Jun 26th, 2018, 11:07 AM   112
MissMarpleFan
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I was also told that I could not get pregnant without IVF after a couple unsuccessful chlomid cycles in my early 30's.

I accepted it, but when I was 36, I got my first BFP, and realized I didn't accept it after all! I had also lost a lot of weight over time, so weight can definitely affect fertility. I've continued to lose 5+ pounds per year so I may actually reach my goal weight in a year or two if baby doesn't throw me for a big fat loop. I've found that all I have to do is eat slowly and my portion size is way reduced from my fat days - I eat whatever I want so I don't feel deprived.

Unfortunately, I've had several early mis as you have to have 2-3 before most doctors will run any tests on you. All of my conceptions have been natural. I'm praying I've finally got a good one this time, I've never made it this far before baby stopped growing.

My extra challenges besides age are: PCOS, Graves' (thyroid) Disease, and a mild Factor V clotting disorder which means I do belly shots of lovenox daily and baby aspirin while pregnant.
They also give me progesterone suppositories because of my history.

I'm a lucky, lucky gal!

Old Jun 26th, 2018, 11:11 AM   113
JJordaan
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarpleFan View Post
I was also told that I could not get pregnant without IVF after a couple unsuccessful chlomid cycles.

I accepted it, but when I was 36, I got my first BFP, and realized I didn't accept it after all! I had also lost a lot of weight over time, so weight can definitely affect fertility.

Unfortunately, I've had several early mis as you have to have 2-3 before most doctors will run any tests on you. All of my conceptions have been natural. I'm praying I've finally got a good one this time, I've never made it this far before baby stopped growing.

My extra challenges besides age are: PCOS, Graves' (thyroid) Disease, and a mild Factor V clotting disorder which means I do belly shots of lovenox daily and baby aspirin while pregnant. I'm a lucky, lucky gal!
First let me say WOW!! U got me teary here! Sounds to me you have the right recipe this time for your lil bean!! This is our time with our rainbow babies! Keep positive and know this is going to work out!

Old Jun 26th, 2018, 11:13 AM   114
JJordaan
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

How far along are u MissMarpleFan?

Old Jun 26th, 2018, 11:27 AM   115
MissMarpleFan
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJordaan View Post
How far along are u MissMarpleFan?
9 weeks today. All of mine have stopped growing somewhere between 6 and 7 weeks so I'm praying like I've never done before.

I had 170 BPM heart rate at 8 week scan last Tuesday, and 9 week scan scheduled for Thursday. I'm so nervous! I think I have become a full blown nutcase.

I've got this list of reasons to be optimistic that I keep ruminating on like beads in a rosary:

1) no spotting (i did all the other times)
2) back to back good ultrasound appts (usually somebody looks uncomfortable or worried during the second scan)
3) morning sickness that required a prescription
4) very sore boobs (more than ever before)
5) boobs growing (which is otherwise unfortunate as I've got more than enough already, lol)
6) that strong heartbeat last week

Old Jun 26th, 2018, 11:32 AM   116
JJordaan
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Omg there i thought i was the only nutcase!! Im just as paranoid as you. All my pg's were also early losses. Something just feels different this time, doesnt it? Sore enlarged boobs, im there with you! Ouch to every touch! Was thinking this morning, gosh my body is just doing what it should now! Its time to have faith in our bodies. The fact u had a nice strong heartbeat is already amazing news! Theres a strong lil tucker growing!

Old Jun 26th, 2018, 11:48 AM   117
MissMarpleFan
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJordaan View Post
Omg there i thought i was the only nutcase!! Im just as paranoid as you. All my pg's were also early losses. Something just feels different this time, doesnt it? Sore enlarged boobs, im there with you! Ouch to every touch! Was thinking this morning, gosh my body is just doing what it should now! Its time to have faith in our bodies. The fact u had a nice strong heartbeat is already amazing news! Theres a strong lil tucker growing!
Thanks so much, it's nice to have a fellow nutcase to talk to.

Old Jun 26th, 2018, 13:52 PM   118
Dill
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Once you see a heartbeat, your chances of keeping it are great! Congratulations!

As someone with a lot of early losses under her belt (9), and most of them in the 4-6 week range, I know the relief you're feeling at making it this far! It's a great sign, along with all those symptoms! I always try to remind myself that my misery means baby is doing well.

Old Jun 26th, 2018, 20:03 PM   119
MissMarpleFan
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dill View Post
Once you see a heartbeat, your chances of keeping it are great! Congratulations!

As someone with a lot of early losses under her belt (9), and most of them in the 4-6 week range, I know the relief you're feeling at making it this far! It's a great sign, along with all those symptoms! I always try to remind myself that my misery means baby is doing well.
Thank you! I sure hope you're right. 1.5 days till next scan!

These threads are proof that misery does love company, aren't they?