LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 10th, 2014, 01:18 AM   31
StranjeGirl
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

It took 4 months with my first at age 36, and 5 months with my second at age 39. I was charting, using ovulation sticks, geritol, b-complex, vitex, preseed, and fertileCM. ANd this last time I also took wheatgrass shots every day. Definitely use ovulation sticks to make sure you are timing things correctly! Good luck!

Old Jul 11th, 2014, 14:43 PM   32
lam_76
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I got my bfp after 5 cycles, but it was really only 2 as my oh and I don't live in the same country and I only managed to time my visits right twice as my cycle was a bit erratic after coming off the pill. I was 36 when we started ttc and just turned 37 when I got my bfp. My little boy is now 6 months old!

Old Jul 17th, 2014, 16:29 PM   33
Seity
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Elite

I was 36, wanted a baby. Had sex only once that month after charting my cycle and trying to time it right. Got pregnant. Had baby, didn't want another. Tracked cycles and got a diaphragm for the danger days. Had sex once on a supposedly safe day and instead my body OV'd a week earlier than it ever had before. Got pregnant. I was 39. So in my case sex=pregnant. Husband got a vasectomy, so we wouldn't have any more.

Old Jul 17th, 2014, 18:06 PM   34
Radkat
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I got pregnant the pretty easily with my first, but I had been tracking my cycles prior to actually TTC, and I temped and used OPKs, so I knew when I ovulated. With this pregnancy, it took 9 months. I also had a mc in there.

I took a lot of supplements to help, but you probably don't need to. I would say temp and do OPKs for sure, if you aren't already. Maybe some extra folate, CoQ10 and baby aspirin if you dr thinks all of that is OK. Oh and preseed if you don't have good EWCM, which I didn't. Good luck.

Old Jul 26th, 2014, 16:03 PM   35
jzgrace
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

My husband and I had unprotected sex 3 days in a row. The day before the day of and the day after O. This was our first timeTTC. The only way I tracked O was internal self exam for cm. I found the ewcm and knew it was time to DTD. I researched TTC for a year or so before trying. Before that we always ttp. We got lucky.

Old Aug 1st, 2014, 09:43 AM   36
madseasons
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

It took 2 cycles for DS when I was 31 after the copper IUD.

This time I had a Mirena and after removal we went every other cycle, so it techinically took us 4 cycles of "trying" at 36 years.

Only thing I did different the cycle I got my bfp was took Evening primrose from cycle to O, used softcups and a little preseed and started taking B-50.

Good luck!

Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 15:16 PM   37
Chris77
Mum (Mom)
BnB Spammer Elite

Hi ladies, I'm 36 (turning 37 in December) and pregnant naturally with #2! I had a mmc in November after IVF so I'm super paranoid but am very hopeful.

The Bead Boutique by Christina. Custom made one of a kind bead bracelets.
Click Here

Old Aug 4th, 2014, 11:57 AM   38
Bookwrmgal
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I'm 39 and 7wks pg with #1. I got a BFP after a year of trying and 6 cycles of seeing a RE.

My BFP came a month after stopping clomid (I took for 2 months). I did preseed, B-Complex, Bee Pollen, CoQ10, baby aspirin, progesterone cream, Evening Primrose, acupuncture, and drinking apple cider vinegar. I really think the apple cider vinegar really made a difference this last cycle.

Old Aug 5th, 2014, 11:01 AM   39
GeralynB
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzgrace View Post
My husband and I had unprotected sex 3 days in a row. The day before the day of and the day after O. This was our first timeTTC. The only way I tracked O was internal self exam for cm. I found the ewcm and knew it was time to DTD. I researched TTC for a year or so before trying. Before that we always ttp. We got lucky.
I'm 35 due with our first in Oct. I'm in the same boat as you. I tracked my period and O dates on my iPhone. We only DTD 1 time the day before it said I was supposed to ovulate. Hubby was out of town for business right before and right after…so we got lucky that it was literally the very first try

Old Aug 5th, 2014, 20:58 PM   40
Christinee
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I'm 37 and 8 weeks 5 days pg with #2... I'll be 38 when I deliver....

I got pregnant in one try!!! It wasn't planned but it was the only time me and my hubby didn't do "pull out" method in years and OOPS!! wadda you know!! I guess it was just meant to be. I really can't find any other explanation..