LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 16th, 2014, 12:44 PM   1
Lee37
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Calling all ladies with BFPs over 35

Hi ladies! I am 37 and on cycle 5, no luck yet...just wondering how long it took you ladies over 35 to get a BFP and your experiences/symptoms. I know it would give me hope as well as all the other ladies here who are facing frustration in TTC. Please post away...tks in advance! xx

Old Jun 17th, 2014, 09:47 AM   2
ceri78
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I will be stalking tooI'm 36 cycle 4 and the made her appearance this morn need some hope too!

Old Jun 17th, 2014, 11:26 AM   3
Lee37
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Hi ceri78! Sorry to hear that, and I hope this next cycle will be the one for you!

Old Jun 17th, 2014, 14:00 PM   4
ceri78
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee37 View Post
Hi ceri78! Sorry to hear that, and I hope this next cycle will be the one for you!
Thanks hunu too!

Old Jun 17th, 2014, 15:47 PM   5
Ginger1
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I'm 38 and it took 3 cycles this time. My first took 2 cycles at 34.

Good luck everyone!! X

Old Jun 17th, 2014, 15:56 PM   6
Lee37
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Congrats Ginger1! So happy for you! Did you use any fertility herbs or meds..? Tks for your post, you are giving us hope!!

Old Jun 17th, 2014, 16:43 PM   7
Jazzbird
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I started TTC when I was 36 and 2 months. Got my BFP 10 months later. I missed a couple of cycles trying due to my OH being away with work - so in all I think it took 8 months. I think the average is a year. I had started tests etc and was starting to worry. I had acupuncture as I am a trained acupuncturist and really felt this helped to regulate my cycle.

As for symptoms I genuinely couldn't tell the difference between pmt and pregnancy.

Would defo recommend charting a few months and taking opks. Make sure you really know your cycle so that timing every month is spot on.

Good luck ladies :-) and don't forget to send your OH for sperm tests. It's not always us!

Old Jun 17th, 2014, 17:01 PM   8
Lee37
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzbird View Post
I started TTC when I was 36 and 2 months. Got my BFP 10 months later. I missed a couple of cycles trying due to my OH being away with work - so in all I think it took 8 months. I think the average is a year. I had started tests etc and was starting to worry. I had acupuncture as I am a trained acupuncturist and really felt this helped to regulate my cycle.

As for symptoms I genuinely couldn't tell the difference between pmt and pregnancy.

Would defo recommend charting a few months and taking opks. Make sure you really know your cycle so that timing every month is spot on.

Good luck ladies :-) and don't forget to send your OH for sperm tests. It's not always us!
Tks Jazzbird! Congrats to you So exciting!! Tks for the tips, think I am going to start using opk next month if no bfp on the 28th. Wishing you a happy & healthy rest of your pregnancy!

Old Jun 18th, 2014, 07:02 AM   9
Nikko88
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I was 36 when we started trying and got lucky on the third cycle (after 3 initial cycles off birth control). No symptoms I could identify (I'm a bit of a hypochondriac to start with) until 6 weeks (then the nausea and breast tenderness started). I did get a yeast infection the day after my BFP on day 14 post-ovulation.

We used proseed and DTD every other day starting a week after AF until ovulation. But my cycles were very regular (aside from one with a short lutenizing phase).

Old Jun 18th, 2014, 09:32 AM   10
Mypreciouskid
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I'm 36, and started ttc at 33. I got pregnant after 7 cycles. Unfortunately, I lost that baby at 8 weeks. It took 21 more cycles to conceive this baby.

I conceived on my first cycle of trying in my 20's, twice, so age did make things tougher for me.

Best wishes for all and don't give up!!