LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 29th, 2014, 18:01 PM   1
waiting4num6
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB member

Anyone else expecting that has teenagers?

Hi. I'm 37 years old and pregnant for the 4th time. I actually have 5 kids already, but we were blessed to have adopted twice, so this will be number 6. The thing is, I have 3 teenagers (16, 15, and 13) and I'm worried about telling my older kids the news. I plan to wait a little longer, since I'm only 6 weeks along, but just recently my 13 year DD told me she thought it was gross when older women got pregnant. I don't feel old and I'm super excited about this pregnancy (my DH actually had his vasectomy reversed 7 months ago) but I'm worried she will be embarrassed by my pregnancy and in the process sap my joy. Anyone else raising teens and pregnant?

Old Jun 30th, 2014, 09:12 AM   2
tara515
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Me!!! I am 38 and i have a 17 year old...i have 4 children and 1 in the oven...ages are 17, 12,6, 2 ...and i am 5 weeks along. My 12 year old and 6 year old WANT me to have a baby..but my 17 year old son who is a broody mess does NOT. I am actually More worried about DH family finding out..he is 48 years old...and while i don't feel like he is that old at all...(we have a 2 year old) they like to remind him that he isn't young...and they never liked us having kids after our 1st one...his parents are still around and they are very active and opinionated...so this is going to be FUN!!!!

Old Jun 30th, 2014, 18:33 PM   3
waiting4num6
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB member

I understand not wanting to tell the in-laws. I am also doubting that many of our extended family will be happy for us. Most people don't understand us wanting a big family and then there's the age thing...

Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 13:57 PM   4
jadoechols
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4num6 View Post
Hi. I'm 37 years old and pregnant for the 4th time. I actually have 5 kids already, but we were blessed to have adopted twice, so this will be number 6. The thing is, I have 3 teenagers (16, 15, and 13) and I'm worried about telling my older kids the news. I plan to wait a little longer, since I'm only 6 weeks along, but just recently my 13 year DD told me she thought it was gross when older women got pregnant. I don't feel old and I'm super excited about this pregnancy (my DH actually had his vasectomy reversed 7 months ago) but I'm worried she will be embarrassed by my pregnancy and in the process sap my joy. Anyone else raising teens and pregnant?
I was suprised with a BFP for my 39th birthday. At the time my husband and I had a 19 yo, 16 yo, 13 yo and 12 yo between us. Since the 19 and 16 yr olds are both girls, we put the pos preg test on their bathroom cabinet and listened to them fight over it until they finally came in to see us laughing hysterically! Unfortunately, they were almost as devasted as we were when we had a miscarriage at 6 wks.

Even though they may say they are disgusted, they will be fine!! Just remember they will go through shock and everything else but they will eventually come to terms with it.

Old Jul 7th, 2014, 15:44 PM   5
SonAmyMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

We have two teenagers (15 year old daughter, 13 year old son), an 11 year old (son) and a 2 year old.

We didn't tell the kids we were thinking of having another baby, but soon after the BFP I told my daughter and she was super excited! The boys were also very happy for it. (Well, I'm not sure how much the 2 year old understands yet, lol). I'm sure it depends a LOT on the teenagers' personalities and the way your relationship is going with them right now, but I don't think there's any reason for them to be embarrassed by the pregnancy, at least not the mechanics of it.

I was really hesitant to tell anyone else, especially my in-laws, this time because I was afraid they would react negatively and sap our joy, but in reality, everyone was excited and supportive!

Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:22 AM   6
flowerchild77
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Yes, I am 37 have 4 kid's aged 2, 12, 14 and 16, and currently 6 week's pregnant with number 5. Hubby had a vacectomy reversal 3 year's ago(which resulted in our fourth child). This pregnancy is a huge surprise, but thankfully all my kid's are being super supportive and extremely excited. I would not be stressed with telling your kids , I think you will find(after the initial shock) they will be extremely excited about the prospect of a new family member. Good luck

Old Jul 9th, 2014, 12:01 PM   7
waiting4num6
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB member

thanks for the replies

We have decided to wait to tell anyone until we at least have an ultrasound and see the heartbeat. But I am very encouraged to know that there are other pregnant women with teenagers that are excited about their pregnancy. I'm still having trouble wrapping my mind around it all. When we contacted the surgeon about a vasectomy reversal our odds weren't good, but the surgery went perfectly and just 6 months later...I'm pregnant! I love that this forum for "over 35" was started. I feel plenty young enough to have another baby, but sometimes the rest of the world makes me feel odd for wanting more kids at my age. Thanks for your replies!

Old Jul 14th, 2014, 15:13 PM   8
momof5wants1
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I've got a 23, 19, 16, 14, 5 and 10 month old followed by a granddaughter who is 4 and a grandson who is 6 months. LOL Yeah, I think I meet the criteria.

Old Jul 14th, 2014, 16:46 PM   9
Christinee
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I've just got one. she is 15. Now expecting my second.

Old Aug 8th, 2014, 17:22 PM   10
Sis4Us
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

I have a 17 yr old son and a 7 yr old !!! So I know how u feel teenagers are so moody it's hard to know how they will react
Like jade said everyone was pretty torn up after our MC @ 7 wks so I'm waiting until we know gender to tell them!!