LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 20th, 2015, 17:42 PM   1
Lizzybee
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

If you had your time again ... would you?

If you knew what you know now would you have a child after 35?
I have one already but will be at least 37 if OH agrees to have another.
Should I just be happy with what I've got and forget about having #2? I know no-one can answer that but I'm interested to know what it is like truthfully to have 2 young children in your late 30's.

Old Feb 20th, 2015, 18:30 PM   2
MamaRed
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I absolutely would have another baby knowing what I know now. I'm 35. I have 4 with number 5 on the way. My kids are 17, 15,13 and 7.5 months old. We are thrilled to have another. It I had my wan I'd still have one more; total of 6!! I think its huge decision for anyone and honestly a very personal one. I cant answer what its like to have 2 young Kids past 35,.yet. But In honestly not scared I'm excited!

Old Feb 21st, 2015, 05:20 AM   3
J22
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I'm 4 months pregnant with number 2 and had my first at 39 (Ill be 41 when I have this one). Ive been with my OH for 20 years so we just decided to leave it late in life to start! I definitely dont have any issues with having them later in life, the only thing that stressed me more was the fact that I wasnt sure Id be able to have them with my being older, and also I didnt have the time to space them out as much. Other than that, I feel like it was a perfect time to have them.

Old Feb 22nd, 2015, 14:52 PM   4
cheree89
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Had my first at 36, second at 38 and will be 41 when this one arrives. I wouldn't change a thing :-)

Old Feb 23rd, 2015, 07:45 AM   5
MKHewson
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I had my first at 35, and I am now 18 weeks with number two. I will be 8 upon delivery, i am so excited. I imagine it will be busy and exhausting, but I am an only child and did not want my daughter to be one if possible.

Old Feb 25th, 2015, 13:03 PM   6
LuvallmyH
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I'll be 39 in April and expecting number 8! So yes is my vote!

Old Feb 25th, 2015, 13:07 PM   7
LuvallmyH
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRed View Post
I absolutely would have another baby knowing what I know now. I'm 35. I have 4 with number 5 on the way. My kids are 17, 15,13 and 7.5 months old. We are thrilled to have another. It I had my wan I'd still have one more; total of 6!! I think its huge decision for anyone and honestly a very personal one. I cant answer what its like to have 2 young Kids past 35,.yet. But In honestly not scared I'm excited!
I think you should go for number 6! I'll be 39 in April and I'm expecting number 8. My feeling is you will never regret the children you have, but you may regret the one you wanted and didn't have.

Old Feb 25th, 2015, 13:46 PM   8
MamaRed
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

That is so very true! I will have to remember that when my hubby and I discuss the possibility of number 6. I better wait till number 5 vacates the uterus first!

Old Mar 5th, 2015, 12:17 PM   9
Eurydice
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Well, your already having one shows that you know what lies ahead, and that should be a good indication of how you'll do with #2 at any age! I had my first at age 38 (almost 39) and am having my second at 40 (almost 41). I WISH I'd been in a position to have them earlier in life, but not too much earlier, so 37 sounds just about right to me! I'm glad I had a lot of time to accomplish my life goals (education, fitness, travel, etc) and I was ready to move on to the next phase of a family life. On the other hand, I am SO TIRED all the time. I know most (all?) new moms are, but I do wonder if pregnancy & the baby's first year have hit me especially hard because I am older. But I think 37 is still pretty young.

Old Apr 6th, 2015, 14:22 PM   10
InVivoVeritas
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I had my kids at 26, 27, 28 & 39 and I'll be 43 when this one is born. The only difference age has made is that I'm more chilled out in pregnancy and as a parent.

I love having heart-to-heart girl conversations with my 16-year-old just after reading my 2-year-old his bedtime story.