wyliecat76
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB member

Hi did u go for the harmony test

Old Jul 31st, 2015, 15:52 PM   52
mitchnorm
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Not me wyliecat.....I lost my baby at 9 weeks unfortunately. Cancelled the test but was all booked up to do it x

Old Aug 1st, 2015, 02:20 AM   53
LuckyFlutter
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyliecat76 View Post
Hi did u go for the harmony test
Yes I went for it. Took full 2 weeks for results to come back all low risk and found out sex too. I found it great for peace of mind. It cost me 450

Old Aug 2nd, 2015, 10:59 AM   54
sausages
Other
BnB Addict

I had my test yesterday, so now the wait begins...

Old Aug 4th, 2015, 06:39 AM   55
julesjules100
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I had the Harmony test with my toddler a few years back and just had the Panorama test (latest one) done with my current pregnancy. I had it done at 10+4 and the bloody thing was in incomplete result after 2 weeks of waiting. Had it rerun and then get a result after 10 days. Both were 375 with a scan at the place I had them (not covered by insurance) and are more accurate than the nuchal test/scans (although I had that one too). To be fair, I would have still had them if I was under 35 (I'm 39 now).

Good comparison of the two on page 4 here (both pretty similar really) http://www.theportlandhospital.com/u...rmony_test.pdf

Old Aug 18th, 2015, 14:52 PM   56
ClaireJ23
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I had Harmony with this and my last pregnancy. First time was at the Portland, second was the Fetal Medicine Centre (Harley Street). This time cost 400 and included 10 week and 12 week (NT) scans and combined blood tests. We also found out the gender.

It was worth it for us to have peace of mind. I'm 39, DH is 47.

Old Sep 14th, 2015, 08:03 AM   57
Fezzle
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite

I just got my combined screening tests back and it's 'high risk' (1 in 76). They didn't give me any more information about my results- I know my NT measurement was 1.8/1.9 which looks fine, and I'm 39 years old; I don't know about my blood test results.

I've got an appointment for the Harmony test next week. I'm already dreading the wait for the results!

Old Sep 14th, 2015, 09:04 AM   58
BunnyN
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzle View Post
I just got my combined screening tests back and it's 'high risk' (1 in 76). They didn't give me any more information about my results- I know my NT measurement was 1.8/1.9 which looks fine, and I'm 39 years old; I don't know about my blood test results.

I've got an appointment for the Harmony test next week. I'm already dreading the wait for the results!
Try to think of it as a 75 in 76 chance of every thing being fine, that helped me.

Old Sep 14th, 2015, 09:19 AM   59
Fezzle
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite

Thanks!

Old Sep 15th, 2015, 15:02 PM   60
LuckyFlutter
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzle View Post

I wonder how much weight they put on your 'over 35' age. If they have weighted it highly then those results may be nonsense. Your nuchal seemed good.