LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 12th, 2015, 20:08 PM   51
penelopejones
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

After my MC last time I'm keeping things quiet during this tri as well. I've told my parents and in-laws, and my sister, and two friends. I guess that is a fair number! But I'm not announcing at work or anything.

Bekah, it would be cool to have twins in that case!

Aayla, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Old Sep 14th, 2015, 07:28 AM   52
PugLuvAh
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

So sorry for your loss Aayla

We still haven't told anyone yet, not even our family. My first pregnancy ended in a mc, and even though I've had 2 successful ones since then, I tend to be very cautious. I had a lot of bleeding (weeks 13-19) with my older son, and some with my second (week 24) so pregnancy is never stress-free for me. We'll likely tell my family in the next couple of weeks (I see them frequently and I am starting to show. I know my mum suspects something already), but we might not tell my husband's family till we see them at Thanksgiving in October.

Anyone planning an announcement more exciting then just showing the sonogram picture like we do??

Old Sep 14th, 2015, 09:40 AM   53
Hopeful1479
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aayla View Post
Hey ladies. So I am officially having to leave this thread My hcg was only 31 today (it was 365 on sunday). So I have officially lost our little bean. Not sure what the next steps will be but I finally have the closure that I needed.
I'm thinking of taking the rest of the year off to lose some weight. I let TTC be an excuse to not work out and I gained some serious pounds. The doc won't be happy. But for now I am just going to be and get ready to move to our new apt.
Love and light to you all and I will see you around the forums. A happy and healthy 9 month to all of you!!
Aayla, I am so sorry for your loss... I know you will be back and we all look forward to it!! Take care of you and stay strong.

Old Sep 14th, 2015, 09:46 AM   54
Hopeful1479
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Happy Monday everyone, hope you all had a good weekend... We have not told anyone yet. My 13 week scan is book for Sept 30th and I will feel better once I see the baby and know everything is ok. Not sure how we are going to do it though as my in-laws are too excited that their daughter my SIL is having her first baby in Novemeber and they like to keep making the point to my daughter that she will no longer be the baby.... They drive me nuts.... But what they don't know is that SIL's baby will only be the baby for 5 months so there... If it was up to me I would not tell his family until after she has her baby but not possible unless I wear horrible large cothes hiding my bunp.

How are all of you telling your family??

Old Sep 14th, 2015, 11:31 AM   55
allforthegirl
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Hey everyone I am 36 and will be 37 before my baby is born in March. This will be baby #6 for me. I quickly read through the thread and found out there is one other having #6 too, many first timers, and those having second or third. Which ever it is for you Congrats!!

Aayla I am sorry you are going through this. I too have had a couple losses, actually my last was a loss. I feel for you

Hopeful We haven't said anything to our family yet, not even out boys know yet. We were hoping to find out what we are having before we say anything. I have never been good at guessing but baby's energy feels feminine. I have always felt strongly that I would have a girl since I was a little girl. So we would like to announce our pg with knowing what we are having....now I just have to convince DH to have a private scan, as found out we won't be having another scan before the 20 week mark. Another reason we haven't said anything is the constant negative remarks we get about having 5....so I am sure the judgements will be pouring out once we say we are having #6!

Old Sep 14th, 2015, 21:02 PM   56
Chrissy05
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

We told our parents and siblings at around 7-8 weeks. My parents in particular were overjoyed because this will be their first grandchild. Since my dad's bday was at about that time, after we'd given him his real gift, we told him we had an extra little something for him. Inside the bag was a little onesie with "hello I'm new here" written on it. My dad cried tears of joy when he saw it.

We told a few close friends not long after that, but mostly because we were traveling with them and had to explain my nausea and the fact that I wasn't drinking. We'd planned this trip as a gastronomy tour and planned on visiting wineries etc... so an explanation was necessary.

I told my boss and my immediate coworkers last week, just before our first scan... when I thought I was already 12 weeks (before I got pushed back a week). I'm a teacher and my nausea is atrocious, so I needed their help/backup for when I need to make a quick dash to the washroom. Now I'm waiting until our next scan, at the new 13 (or the old 14 weeks) before telling our larger circle of friends.

Are any of you planning a big announcement for family or for social media?

Old Sep 14th, 2015, 21:24 PM   57
penelopejones
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I'm not sure what I'll do for announcing to family/social media. Probably nothing too flashy as that's not really my style, but I'd like to post a clever little line to Facebook. Last time, I said that my next "project" would be co-authored by my husband (I'm a professor and writer), but a lot of people didn't get it and thought I was seriously going to write a book with my husband. Maybe I'll do a cute picture with my daughter, but I feel like a lot of those Pinterest type ideas aren't original anymore once you've seen a couple of people doing them...

There's a woman on another forum on here who has a cute picture with four sets of shoes and four game controllers, and it says "Player 4 loading . . . " (I guess they like gaming). I thought that was cute.

Old Sep 15th, 2015, 08:15 AM   58
allforthegirl
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy05 View Post
We told our parents and siblings at around 7-8 weeks. My parents in particular were overjoyed because this will be their first grandchild. Since my dad's bday was at about that time, after we'd given him his real gift, we told him we had an extra little something for him. Inside the bag was a little onesie with "hello I'm new here" written on it. My dad cried tears of joy when he saw it.

We told a few close friends not long after that, but mostly because we were traveling with them and had to explain my nausea and the fact that I wasn't drinking. We'd planned this trip as a gastronomy tour and planned on visiting wineries etc... so an explanation was necessary.

I told my boss and my immediate coworkers last week, just before our first scan... when I thought I was already 12 weeks (before I got pushed back a week). I'm a teacher and my nausea is atrocious, so I needed their help/backup for when I need to make a quick dash to the washroom. Now I'm waiting until our next scan, at the new 13 (or the old 14 weeks) before telling our larger circle of friends.

Are any of you planning a big announcement for family or for social media?
I was wondering about that with my nausea too, I work in a bar, so I was worried if I got sick at work that I would have to say something right away....glad I didn't have to. I did finally say something to my boss the other day. As for the social media....I am not even sure if we will say anything at all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by penelopejones View Post
I'm not sure what I'll do for announcing to family/social media. Probably nothing too flashy as that's not really my style, but I'd like to post a clever little line to Facebook. Last time, I said that my next "project" would be co-authored by my husband (I'm a professor and writer), but a lot of people didn't get it and thought I was seriously going to write a book with my husband. Maybe I'll do a cute picture with my daughter, but I feel like a lot of those Pinterest type ideas aren't original anymore once you've seen a couple of people doing them...

There's a woman on another forum on here who has a cute picture with four sets of shoes and four game controllers, and it says "Player 4 loading . . . " (I guess they like gaming). I thought that was cute.
That is a very cute idea.....

Old Sep 15th, 2015, 13:09 PM   59
Hopeful1479
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allforthegirl View Post
Hey everyone I am 36 and will be 37 before my baby is born in March. This will be baby #6 for me. I quickly read through the thread and found out there is one other having #6 too, many first timers, and those having second or third. Which ever it is for you Congrats!!

Aayla I am sorry you are going through this. I too have had a couple losses, actually my last was a loss. I feel for you

Hopeful We haven't said anything to our family yet, not even out boys know yet. We were hoping to find out what we are having before we say anything. I have never been good at guessing but baby's energy feels feminine. I have always felt strongly that I would have a girl since I was a little girl. So we would like to announce our pg with knowing what we are having....now I just have to convince DH to have a private scan, as found out we won't be having another scan before the 20 week mark. Another reason we haven't said anything is the constant negative remarks we get about having 5....so I am sure the judgements will be pouring out once we say we are having #6!
Welcome and congrats on #^!! Phew that is a lot of kids running around, what are the ages?? I can't imagine having 5 boys running around the house I bet everyday is an adventure at your house!! Will 6 be your stop? I hope you have your little girl, that is what I have and she is amazing and I think because all the kids in our family are girls so I am not used to any boys... I know my husband would love a boy thought!! Well welcome!!

Old Sep 15th, 2015, 13:17 PM   60
Hopeful1479
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

You are so right about Pintrest not being original anymore.... I was looking for cute ideas, my daughters bedroom is done in Owls, and I found a super cute shirt that says " Guess hooooo's goign to be a big sister" and it has a cute owl on it. For my first I penned a letter to each of the grandparents as if it was from the baby letting them know she was coming and all the things she expected from her grandparents. It was cute and made everyone cry. But like I said my in-lawas are all wrapped up in thier daughters baby that I don't look forward to telling them so maybe I will just let my husband make a phone call.

In the mean time I just count down the days till my sono on the 30th I feel as though the first trimester DRAGS and it drives me crazy.