LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 31st, 2015, 08:40 AM   1
Hopeful1479
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Will be 37 due in April 2016 anyone else?

Hello everyone, I am Brittney 36 (37 in January) and I am due in April of 2016. This is my second, actually got pregnant on my first month of trying, which really caught me off guard!! I have a beautiful little girl who will be 2 in October. I am opting out of a lot of the genetic testing this time around as it made me mad the first time around. I had a sono at 6 weeks as I was bleeding but all is well, I will be going for a listen to the heartbeat on Wednesday this week, which I am excited for as the first trimester drives me crazy with so few symtoms in my case. Hope to get to know some of you due in 2016!! Happy pregnancies to all!

Old Sep 1st, 2015, 01:46 AM   2
cosmicgirlxxx
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Me.
I'll be 37 in November and due at the beginning of April.
This is my 6th child and very much unplanned. I was so done having children and not prepared for this. I'm tired!
I'm opting for every bit of genetic testing that I can lay my hands on, I'm really worried about the increased risks as I have to consider the children that I already have.
I've got a scan this morning at 9.30am which I'm dreading.
Not enjoying this pregnancy at all.

Sorry, that all sounded a bit low didn't it

Old Sep 1st, 2015, 02:08 AM   3
Bekah78
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Me too. I turned 37 in May. I am also due in April. This is our first. It's taken 10 years and 4 IVFs to finally get our first BFP. Booked in for a scan on the 9/9 with the clinic and all being well will be handed over to the local service for future scans/monitoring.

Old Sep 1st, 2015, 10:27 AM   4
Hopeful1479
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicgirlxxx View Post
Me.
I'll be 37 in November and due at the beginning of April.
This is my 6th child and very much unplanned. I was so done having children and not prepared for this. I'm tired!
I'm opting for every bit of genetic testing that I can lay my hands on, I'm really worried about the increased risks as I have to consider the children that I already have.
I've got a scan this morning at 9.30am which I'm dreading.
Not enjoying this pregnancy at all.

Sorry, that all sounded a bit low didn't it
Well congrats on having a 6th and I am sorry you are so nervous and have anxiety about this one, that can not make for a happy pregnancy at all! I am just the opposite I have opted to not have any testing done as with my first back in 2013 I had it and it only made me crazy with the numbers and chances and "what ifs" so not this time around. The first trimester is annoying enough. Well keep me posted on your scans and testing, I have my fingers crossed for you!!

Old Sep 1st, 2015, 10:32 AM   5
Hopeful1479
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekah78 View Post
Me too. I turned 37 in May. I am also due in April. This is our first. It's taken 10 years and 4 IVFs to finally get our first BFP. Booked in for a scan on the 9/9 with the clinic and all being well will be handed over to the local service for future scans/monitoring.
CONGRATS to you!! Its been a long journey, I so happy that you finally got your BFP, I hope you can enjoy every moment of your pregnancy. Let me know how your scan goes, its very exciting, I will get to hear the hearbeat tomorrow which will make me feel better, the first trimester drives me nuts, just want to get past it. Best of luck on this journey!!

Old Sep 1st, 2015, 13:11 PM   6
Bekah78
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful1479 View Post
Quote:
CONGRATS to you!! Its been a long journey, I so happy that you finally got your BFP, I hope you can enjoy every moment of your pregnancy. Let me know how your scan goes, its very exciting, I will get to hear the hearbeat tomorrow which will make me feel better, the first trimester drives me nuts, just want to get past it. Best of luck on this journey!!
Bet you can't wait to hear the heartbeat. I can't wait to see that everything is ok next week. Too early to hear a heartbeat for me though. I'm dying to know if it's one or two we are carrying. We had two embryos transferred at day 5. We saw them both on the screen before they went in-two blobs of multiple cells. Strange to think we will have seen them from that stage right through. They normally only transfer one at that stage due to risk of multiple pregnancy.

Keep us up to date on your scan too.

Old Sep 2nd, 2015, 08:42 AM   7
Hopeful1479
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful1479 View Post
Quote:
Bet you can't wait to hear the heartbeat. I can't wait to see that everything is ok next week. Too early to hear a heartbeat for me though. I'm dying to know if it's one or two we are carrying. We had two embryos transferred at day 5. We saw them both on the screen before they went in-two blobs of multiple cells. Strange to think we will have seen them from that stage right through. They normally only transfer one at that stage due to risk of multiple pregnancy.

Keep us up to date on your scan too.
You may not get to hear a heartbeat but you should be able to see it! I had an emergency sono done at 6 weeks because of vaginal bleeding and saw the baby and the heart beating, so yo may get to see the same thing!! Twins would be exciting, I originally wanted that my first go around but I don't know if I could haev handled it lol. I think its awesome that you both got to see the process work and will get to experience the whole thing that took you so long to get to, it must be so fulfilling! I don't think I will have another sono until 19 or 20 weeks for gender, as I opted out for genetics testing for down syndrome which I would have had a scan at 12 weeks. But because I am classified as high risk due to age I might get more who knows I will find out today!! have a great day!

Old Sep 2nd, 2015, 13:11 PM   8
Bekah78
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Hope all goes ok today for you Hopeful. Let us know how you get on.

Old Sep 3rd, 2015, 02:33 AM   9
Aayla
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

I am 37 (bday in May) and pregnant with #1. We have been in and out of docs for 5 years and I tried clomid twice last year but it didn't work (no O). Changed docs and he put me on Letrozole. Got my BFP on the 2nd month of Ovulating, 3rd cycle trying. We did not expect it to happen so quickly. Baby is due May 3-5 (depends on the website).

i have my first ultrasound in 2 weeks. I don't think I will get a lot of testing done. I know I am in the age bracket for high risk for Downs but meh, I don't really care. I know that sounds cold but I won't abort if he/she does have downs so there really is no point. I worried and fretted and obsessed enough over the TTC numbers, I don't need more. If the baby is fine and heart is beating strong that is all that matters to me. I'll go for the 12 week scan but no amnio or anything like that. And we have the 20 week scan in December (I am hoping to get it done on Dec 22 for a special Christmas gender reveal).

Old Sep 3rd, 2015, 13:46 PM   10
Bekah78
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Congrats on your BFP Aayla.