LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 30th, 2016, 10:42 AM   11
LLawson
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Im 45 and pregnant with my 4th. My youngest at the moment is 19 and oldest is 26. I have 2 grandsons (2,5). Although I havent told anyone yet. I dont see a problem with it.
I have a younger brother that just turned 22 so theres so theres 23 yrs difference in us. Hes an uncle to a 19,23 and26 yr old. My other brother also has a daughter the same age as him and a son thats older. Its never been an issue with us. Its been kind of a fun thing for my kids to introduce him as their uncle in school.��

Old Apr 12th, 2016, 17:09 PM   12
Lizzybee
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

My grandparents whole family was like this. My Grandad's nephew was 3 years older than him. They played together as kids. My great grandma had nieces a nephews that were all older than her. She said her mum used to be pregnant at the same time as everyone one of her daughter's/in laws. Just because it's less common now doesn't make it weird. And who cares what other people think anyway!!!

Old May 7th, 2016, 08:15 AM   13
Want2BMomX3
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

No way! I'm only a grandma to 1 beautiful 2 year old little girl, but I'm super excited to give her someone to play with! My family has lots of similar situations - I have cousins older than aunts and uncles, I am 14 years older than my brother who is only 4 years older than my oldest son, and my husband is only 4 years older than his nephews. Embrace the weird and enjoy!

Old May 10th, 2016, 04:12 AM   14
minties
Other
BnB Elite

I have an uncle the same age as me, I think it's cool! We are both 33. That's on my dad's side.

My grandma on my mums side was 36 when I was born, that's so close to the age I am now and I'm having my third. My mum tried for another baby until recently but it wasn't meant to be.

Old Jul 7th, 2016, 12:54 PM   15
murphyzlaw
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

i do not think its embarrassing or questionable, but I am not one to put much stock into what others think

Old Jul 7th, 2016, 16:25 PM   16
vix1972
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

I have a 20 year old daughter and she had a baby girl last November. My 2nd baby is now due Feb next year. I think it is quite fun and who wants to be the same as everyone else anyway? I didnt plan a big gap but met the love of my life in my mid to late 30s then had some problems with fertility for a while. Love the idea they will grow up together almost like cousins.

Old Jul 17th, 2016, 17:49 PM   17
Jencocoa
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

It is what it is, ya know. Every family is unique. I know families where the uncle is same age as nephew, or nephew is older...to them it is their norm.

Old Sep 24th, 2016, 00:01 AM   18
Andiao
Other
New BnB member

Thank you ladies for all those positive responses. Lol sorry I'm a little late for replying.

Old Sep 24th, 2016, 06:04 AM   19
Jessicahide
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

My mothers aunt is only 18 months older than her, i think its more common now due to people having bigger gaps with their children, My ds is 10, i am 31 in 10 years he could have a child and i would oly be 41... Lots of people have little ones in their 40's..