I don't even know where to start so the beginning is a good place I suppose.
I'm on pregnancy #3, no babies yet. I'm turning 36 next month and hubby is 38. We lost our first baby in 05 at 24 weeks because she wasn't developing kidneys or bladder. We lost our second in July 14, the baby stopped developing around 8 weeks and we found out at my very first appointment when I should have been about 10 weeks. They also discovered pre cancerous cells so I had a leep procedure in December 14, which delayed us TTC for almost a year. We've been trying since April of last year, when we got the OK from the doc that no more bad cells were found.
I got my BFP at the beginning of February. Called the OB office right away but was told they couldn't see me until I was at least 8 weeks. I finally had my appointment and first US and the tech told me my dates were off, instead of being 8 weeks I was more like 5. She saw the yolk sac and the beginning of the fetal pole but no HB. Doc said maybe I ovulated later in my cycle and ordered blood draw for hcg and progesterone.
They called the day before my 2nd appointment and said my hcg fell from 30k to 29k over 2 days and my progesterone was borderline but we could talk about it at my next appointment. Next day was another US where we saw the heartbeat (96 but still there) AND another yolk sac right behind the first. I was only concerned with seeing a heartbeat anything else was a bonus. The doc put me on progesterone suppositories and booked me for the following week.
Yesterday was another US and appointment. The baby is still there, but has only grown one day since last Wednesday and the HB is the same at 96bpm. The doc is now concerned that I'm going to miscarry and told me my options are to do nothing and wait, to take pills to mc, or we can schedule a d&c. My baby is still there, it still has a HB, and it did grow.
I've made myself almost mad trying to find positive outcomes with being so far behind. If I did ovulate later and implant later, that could account for nearly 2 weeks, but I'm supposed to be 10w2d and the baby is measuring 5w6d. Could I even be looking at a positive outcome? I've read stories of 2 or 3 weeks off, but almost 5 weeks behind? I've had zero MC symptoms, no bleeding/spotting, cramps, or back ache.
I'm holding on to the fact that there's still a heartbeat and praying that things will turn out, but I'm so heartbroken that I could lose this one. I need some words of encouragement please....
What a terrible situation! I really hope it's just a slow starter. Have you had another appt? I hope they are monitoring you super closely. I have never been in a situation like this, so I have no real insight, but my first thought is that I'd have a hard time terminating a pregnancy in this case, while there is still a hb. The dr said he's worried about a miscarriage, but it hasn't happened yet. Those are two very different things. I hope you have a wonderful outcome to this scary scenario. Big hugs to you
I have another scan Thursday. I still have no symptoms of miscarriage, although I did have very slight cramping on Sunday night but it was way less than what I normally get with AF, more annoying than anything. But no bleeding or spotting, no back pain, no sharp abdominal pains. This entire pregnancy has been such an emotional rollercoaster and I'm ready to get off! I'm not doing a damn thing if that baby still has a heartbeat.
I could have ovulated a week later than we thought. I'd only been tracking periods, not ovulation. That little bean could have implanted late, I've heard from 6-10 days is normal. They can't see what's going on inside that second sac because of placement, but if there's another embryo then maybe the implantation was much later. If there is a twin in there they will be momo or modi identical twins since they're both in the same gestational sac.
My emotions are wearing me out. We go from good to bad news every week. I've walked around with a smile from ear to ear one day, to crying my eyes out and wanting to stay under the covers the next. I'm hoping we get some definite answers Thursday. Sometimes I dread scans this early, but since I'm high risk they want to see me early. I guess it's a good thing too, otherwise they wouldn't have known about my low progesterone.
Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com by users or third parties, including but not limited to bloggers, are solely those of the respective user or other third party. They do not reflect the opinions of BabyandBump.Momtastic.com and they have not been reviewed by a physician, psychologist or parenting expert or any member of the BabyandBump.Momtastic.com staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com are not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com. BabyandBump.Momtastic.com does not endorse any opinion, advice, statement, product, service or treatment made available on the website. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.